Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 8/2/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have terrible trouble getting sunscreen that's right for my skin, it was basically impossible before this product existed. Almost all my boxes are ticked by it; fragrance free, non greasy, alcohol free, "physical" sunscreen, cruelty free, full of antioxidants and beneficial ingredients, doesn't seem to clog my pores or cause spots, matte finish but not drying/doesn't emphasise dryer areas. Basically perfect. The only thing I don't like is the tint, I'd much prefer a colourless sunscreen. It's also a bit on the dark side for my pale olive skin so I have to mix it with Paula's colourless Hydralight sunscreen. Ideally I'd give four and half lippies for that reason. Hydralight is slightly oily on its own but mixed with Resist they make the perfect texture. Obviously that means buying both at once, but then it lasts twice as long, so it doesn't really make a difference to the price.

on 7/30/2015 4:46:00 PM

A physical sunscreen that feels more like a high end cosmetic primer. I am extremely picky when it comes to facial sunscreens, and this one is just about perfect: very light wearing, matte, invisible, no animal testing. It feels like nothing once it's on and doesn't rub off or transfer. Huge bonuses for being also a physical block and having sample sizes available.

As a makeup primer, it also does its job very well. It's very mattifying, and the slight tint does make the surface of my skin look more even. It does go on pinkish but the colour disappears into my pale yellow toned skin. I put concealer and a bit of powder on top, but without the additional makeup I wouldn't need any powder at all. I don't think I've said that about ANY sunscreen or primer before!

The only negatives are the price and the cheap-looking packaging, however this product performs so well that I feel the price is worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted this to work for me but in the end it did not agree with my oily skin.
It made me more shiny and made my makeup slip around more.
The light tint does not offer coverage.
My skin felt like it could not breath.
Only gave 2 lippies because it has ingredients that are good for skin and of course SPF.
I did not notice any improvement in skin using this and in the end my complexion looked weighed down, tired, and dull.

on 7/28/2015 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow. This is an exceptional physical sunscreen - for all skin types. There is no shine or white cast, it's not drying, and it's non irritating and hasn't caused any breakouts. Oh, and when I use this, the redness and discolouration on my face is less evident (even when I remove it I mean). This does have a tint, but not enough to provide any real colour. If anything, it functions like an extremely lightweight tinted moisturiser. I like to wear it with alone or under makeup, as it makes no difference to the finish or longevity of my makeup. This does have an odd smell, kind of like liquorice... but not sweet. I can't say I'm fond of it, but it doesn't hinder the quality of the product, and the scent dissipates once I've finished applying it. I really can't say enough good things about this. I was previously using Shiseido city block spf30, which was great, but it still left a slight sheen and the alcohol content worried me.

I really wanted to love this sunscreen, and I did for a while, but whenever I use this consistently I get tiny bumps all over my skin. It's great for oily skin because it dries to a matte finish, and it would have been a holy grail for me.

I've tried it on several different occasion but always get the stubborn little bumps that take a few weeks to resolve- I'm thinking I must have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Still on the hunt for a good sunscreen for oily skin.

Fast-forward a year....I need to change this review. It was another Paula's Choice product that destroyed my skin--Resist Barrier Repair containing Retinol. The Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 is a wonderful product for normal to oily skin or combination skin. I use it on my nose, which is my only oily part. It melts right in and improves the look of the skin on my nose. It looks matte and smooth. I will repurchase it and use it only on my nose from now on. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it isn't moisturizing enough for the rest of my face, so I have to purchase two different daytime moisturizers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this would be suitable for a daily sunscreen with light moisture for my combo skin in the spring and summer, but this stuff was a terrible disaster for my skin! I usually have trouble-free skin, but when I switched to Paula's Choice my skin got destroyed. Bumps, flaking like crazy, and small red spots. I almost wondered if I had developed rosacea.

on 6/19/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my HG for winter
it.s just perfect for my oily/combination, acne prone , sensitive skin
to bad it.s just spf 30
the only problem i have with it it.s that tint kinda shows on my fair face but i use powder foundation over it and it.s ok
i.m using it as a sunscreen only so i have to put another serum or cream under it because it.s to dry for me in the winter.

I have super oily skin and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this sunscreen!! I prefer mineral sunscreens because they are way less irritating, but they are usually pretty shiny. But this is matte! How did they do that?! It does have a slight tint to it but won't give you any coverage, though I like to mix a little creme foundation into it and it looks great (foundation+sunscreen+antioxidants= hell yes!). I think the tint might be apparent on people who are really pale or really dark, but for most people it's fine. I've gone through like 4 bottles and just got 2 more.

on 5/8/2015 9:23:00 AM

I'm quite surprised that so many people with various skin types like this because in my experience this is only suitable for people with oily skin. Physical sunscreens suck out the moisture from my skin, and in this case there is nothing to counteract the drying effect. I couldn't wait to wash it down in the evening, it was so drying, although I used it with the Skin Recovery moisturizer without SPF.
The texture is quite runny, but it solidifies quickly after the application, forming a kind of mask that has to be bombed down with a good make-up remover at the end of the day. It has a slight tint, which is a nice color, unnoticeable, if you use a small amount, but when I applied it liberally, I could see the border of the product by my ears and my neck, because it was too dark. It is extremely mattifying, which must be a huge plus for people with very oily skin, but it looked unnatural on me.
To sum it up, I think it's a good product, but only for people with oily skin. If you have dry skin, try the Cellular Defense from the Resist line, if your skin is normal or combination, I recommend Clinique's City Block SPF 25.

Edited to add: For my normal/dry skin I can use it with Paula's Oil Booster. It works fine this way.

on 5/17/2015 11:40:00 PM

Ugh. I used this about a year ago. Not a pleasant memory. It was soooo drying for my skin. Like kind of greasy looking at first but then it somehow sucked all the moisture out of my skin. And it settled into fine lines where I didn't know I had fine lines. And the "tint" was way too dark for me and I thought it was for all skintones. I applied moisturizer under this, couldn't even help with the dryness. I had bought 2 bottles of this thinking it would be great but I ended up not using the second bottle-or even finishing the first one...I gave it a good effort though. Im giving it a 2 instead of a 1 only because it didn't do any damage to my face...it just looked awful when it was on. Frowny face