Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

This is the best sunscreen I've ever used! I've been using it for 4 months now. I have fair combination skin with an occasional or hormonal breakout. I'm on tretinoin so my skin is extra sensitive, and this sunscreen doesn't burn my face at all! This stuff pretty much feels weightless on my skin and controls any oil in my t-zone throughout the day. It works excellent as a makeup primer as well and helps my makeup last all day, unlike other sunscreens that I've used. It also has a slight tint that looks nice on my skin and slightly blurs minor imperfections. I'm really wanting to try Paula's spf 50 fluid for the hot and humid summers here. I really love all Paula's Choice products I've ever used and her products along with skincare advice, and beautypedia, have really changed my skin in the best way possible.

During the day time I use Cerave foaming facewash, Paula' Choice Hydralight toner, Clinique dramatically different moisturizing GEL mixed with 2-3 drops of Paula's Choice Vitamin C serum, this Paula's Choice Resist spf 30, let it dry 5 minutes then foundation and the rest of my makeup routine and my skin hasn't been better!!! At night I like to actually use Paula's Choice for Men night cream with Retinol (good stuff!) or Clinique Moisture surge after my cleansing routing and applying Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting liquid with 2%Bha...the nights I'm not using my tretinoin. On those nights I wait 20min after applying tretinoin then use Clinique moisture surge on top. Love that stuff!

I'm new to this site and hope I can find another great sunscreen and line of products to try! I'm always looking to try something new even though I would definitely repurchase this sunscreen again. I already have 2 extra backups since it's so hard for me to find sunscreen that works well for my skin.

on 4/14/2016 12:03:00 PM

pricey but it works!

i use pc's bha gel at night, so i have to use a sunscreen throughout the day.

this is the only one that i'll use on my face. i like the tint, i have some redness in my skin - but after applying this, i can skip foundation. i have been using this for over two years now. never caused any problems. it is rather drying, which works for me - i don't get shiny or oily by the end of the day or after a strenous bike ride in hot weather.

it has a little bit of a smell, not unpleasant but distinct. this goes away after a few moments.

one tube lasts me about 9 months (but i only apply on days i have to leave the house and be outside a lot.)

on 3/14/2016 5:24:00 AM

This is one of the best SPFs I have tried (and I've tried more than I would like to admit).

A background on my skin: I had chemotherapy at the age of 24 (I am 26 now) which destroyed my skin. I now have extremely sensitive, red, acne prone skin that reacts to anything and everything. Hence why I try to use mineral sunscreens over chemical and all products I use are for the most sensitive of skin. On top of this, I have combination skin (yay)

The tint is perfect and is just enough to neutralise my redness. It has physical sunscreen which is perfect for my sensitive skin and its not heavy or oily. I don't feel like Im wearing sunscreen at all. It does smell a bit like paint but the smell disappears quite quickly. I don't breakout, I don't get itchy and it doesn't sit on top of my skin but rather blends in perfectly. Its really great for my combination (very sensitive) skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After starting on Retin A last summer my face became ultra sensitive to chemical based sunscreens so I thought I'd give this a try. It goes on very smoothly and does not irritate my skin at all. There is a slight tint but its barely noticeable. Somedays I skip foundation and my face looks fresh. This may be due to the product or that Retin A is working too. Anyway the combination is working for me. I put it on over CeraVe moisturising lotion, I'm on my third bottle and always have a spare one as I don't want to be without it! I have been using Paula's choice products for several years now and the price of her products is certainly going up and bottles are getting smaller but still great products and more cost effective and better performing than some higher end products.

Disclaimer: I am writing this review after only purchasing the sample size of this product.

For reference, I have dehydrated skin that gets very oily throughout the day. I used this product once and it not only made my skin feel tight and dry, but it definitely accentuated dry patches on my skin. I really wanted to love this product because the tint looked really great, but it was just too drying for me to purchase the full size! If you have very oily skin, I think this would work great for you; stay away if you have any dryness, though!

on 2/18/2016 6:19:00 PM

Luckily I only bought a couple of samples of this because I hated it. I did not realize this was tinted, which I do not like at all. It's a sheer neutral "beige" color. I don't use foundation, only concealer for spot coverage, so adding color all over my face just felt gross. The formula is light and silky. However, despite having success in keeping my acne prone skin clear for ages now, after using this, I developed 2 huge red zits and several smaller ones. This product was the only change that I made, so I'm pretty sure this is what caused the flare up. What a shame, because this looked so promising on the website. If you don't have issues with acne and like tinted products, you might like this, it just wasn't for me. Paula's products are hit or miss for me, and this one is a huge miss. :(

on 2/3/2016 9:51:00 PM

Works like no other sunscreen I've used. I have combo skin and this works perfectly under foundation helping to keep my t-zone shine free. Highly recommend. Always come back to this after trying other sun protection products.

on 2/3/2016 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am required to use a sunscreen as noted by my physician because I use Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Clindamycin (and birth control) to control my adult hormonal acne from hell. I hate sunscreen because none of them that I've tried does a good job at protecting my skin and they feel horribly sticky/oily. This is the only sunscreen I can use that does not burn the hell out of my skin (due to chemical sunscreen) or turn me white as a ghost (due to physical sunscreen) or make my skin feel sticky/oily. The tint used to reduce the white cast from the zinc oxide provide enough color to do the job well and I have cafe au lait colored skin. It goes on like a cream and mattifies very quickly to make your skin feel dry. I use this consistently, daily and have noticed my sun spots fading (thank you Retin-A as well). It also has antioxidants that are supposed to fight free radical damage to the skin; I'm still not sold on this so I don't care much about the antioxidant ingredients, as long as they don't make me break out (which they don't). My only wish is that they included Titanium Dioxide along with the Zinc Oxide to provide a better full spectrum physical sunscreen that can repel the rays from a supernova. Until that time, I will continue to use this product cause it gives me life.

on 1/31/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I guess this is a BB cream as it has some tint and provides a bit of coverage & blurring for me. I've been using it since summer and found it keeps the oil at bay. It is a bit drying during the winter months, so I blend it about 50/50 with Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. It works great by itself or beneath a light layer of mineral powder foundation. It is the best sunscreen option I have found when trying to wear make-up, so it's worth the price to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the only foundation that I have found to be light enough for my fair skin. Love the sheer coverage, moisturizer and sunscreen.