Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 7/2/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I would have been absolutely thrilled with this product 10 years ago when my skin was extremely oily. However I now have combination skin with an oily t-zone only and quite dry on cheeks. This was recommended for oily combination and normal skin but it is not very moisturising so I think it's best for more oily types. I cannot wear this under my double wear foundation as the two together are too drying however this is not an issue for me in the summer months as I like to wear a tinted moisturiser then. However I love this product for what it has done for my skin. My skin looks radiant and the brown spots that were plaguing me since having my son are starting to fade. It acts as a great base for my tinted moisturiser helping it to last all day long. The only reason I took a star off is the lack of any moisture, I have to wear a serum under this but overall I'm happy and will repurchase again and again.

UPDATE: I am back to trying some more products because over time I feel this dries my skin out - it dries to a matte finish, making my foundation look dry and highlighting rough patches. It's still a good product, and I may come back to it...but it's not as perfect as I thought it was.

OLD REVIEW:
I cannot sing this sunscreen's praises enough - love it! I have been on the search for the perfect zinc oxide sunscreen for years. I have literally tried everything under the sun. I was about to give up because most zinc oxide sunscreens are either too white, too greasy, or too drying. Not this one.
It's ever so slightly tinted so that it's not white upon application. However, the tint is not orange or too dark like many sunscreens, and once it's applied it does not rub off on clothes, phones, etc. I had several tinted sunscreen that ruined some clothes, but this one doesn't have that problem.
It applies beautifully and it serves as a perfect base for makeup. It doesn't slide around after a few hours of wear like may z.o. sunscreens do.
And it's not greasy at all!
It doesn't clog my pores or break me out, either.
And finally it provides good UVA coverage with 13% zinc oxide. I wouldn't wear it for a day on the beach, but for everday wear, it's perfect.
This is the first Paula's Choice product I've really liked - most don't work for me. Glad finally something does as the ingredients are good and her line is affordable.

on 6/29/2014 11:53:00 AM

After trying several "physical sunscreens" and thinking I would never find one that I liked I found myself on Paula's website and purchased this. I love it. My skin is normal and I've had no dryness problems with this It has a very slight tint to it. It's moisturizing and my make up goes on very smoothly over this. It is higher priced than what's at the drugstore, but Paula has sales frequently and I recently found it for less on dermstore web site.

9/13/2014 after using for several months I'm not liking this as much as I did initially. It does look kind of "masky" toward the end of the day. I think if you don't need foundation on top you might have better luck than I did with this. I've started using Andalou Naturals All In One Beauty Balm which is also a physical sunscreen/moisturizer and have been very pleased with the results.

on 6/29/2014 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Dried out my skin completely. Stay away if u have sensitive dehydrated skin. Broke me out in small red bumps. Horrible!!!!!

on 6/26/2014 3:32:00 PM

UPDATE 2015: I like to wear this over a chemical moisturizing sunscreen. The PC goes well over the over base. Easy to blend. On it own, the PC can be drying and I must be careful to blend the tint.

2015 I am not sure if I will be ordering this again.
********************************************************************************************
This is perfect for my skin; looks pretty all day instead of greasy.

Full name is is Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Product Ingredients:

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent).

From the website June 2014

I got samples (at $1.00 each) to try first. Absolutely loved this and I have tried dozens of sunscreens.

Light tint - appropriate for my fair skin. Be sure to blend well. I use a cosmetic sponge.

Satiny finish; slightly mat and compatible with my other makeup

Feels light; not greasy. Stays on and no need for frequent blotting.

I always order from PC and place a large enough order to qualify for free shipping. As I am in Canada; I pay $5.00 for brokerage fees. No other shipping charges. Never charged duty or surprise custom fees.

All PC products are not animal tested.

on 6/24/2014 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is by far the best facial sunscreen I have tried. I have very oily skin and most sunscreens leave me feeling like an oil slick, but not this one. I love that it is 13% zinc, which is quite high compared to other facial sunscreens on the market, but it doesn't leave any white caste like other zinc sunscreens I have tried. My only gripe is the price and small size. $27 dollars for a tiny 60ml tube is a bit much - however I will re-purchase as having a good sunscreen for your face that you actually like to use is so important.

This left my skin with a nice matte finish, but it made me break out every time I tried it. I tried it three separate times with breaks in between and I broke out following each time. If you're not acne prone I'm sure it would work well for you.

on 6/12/2014 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a foundation with sheer coverage. The color is light to medium and may look chalky on darker skin tones. This is very emollient and best suited for dry skin. Although it may be suitable for combination skin as well.The zinc oxide offers broad spectrum sun protection.

on 6/9/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Love this sunscreen - Love how sheer it is and feels like nothing on. Perfect amount of moisture and oil-control for my very oily skin. Don't need another moisturizer with this one and doesn't make me shiny after a short time like other sunscreens. Love that it is a physical sunblock as opposed to a chemical sunblock.

on 6/6/2014 5:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

i really like this sunscreen. I have oily/combo skin and i don't need another moisturizer with this and I am less oily later in the day. Love that it is all mineral sunscreen, but not chalky, and evens out my fair skin well enough i don't need as much foundation, which is great in summer. I am not sure how it would work for someone who is not fair.