CHANEL CC Cream

CHANEL CC Cream

3.5

on 6/2/2015 12:17:00 AM

This is not like a cc cream as the name says the textures is more like a tinted moisturizer slightly more thick. Gives light coverage. The formula is a little sticky and oily. It applies streaky even with a brush and sponge. It's not long lasting transfers and settles into fine lines, my tiny pitted acne scars and did not blur pores. Doesn't blur my acne hyperpigmentation. I have combination skin this separated under and around the nose where is most oily. I have the shade 20 beige matches perfectly to my mac15-20 skintone. Like the foundation and skincare it has a strong perfume scent that lingers. Sometimes the scent gives me a headache. When I took this off my skin was all dull, slightly red and caused tiny bumps under the skin and eventually tiny breakouts. This is expensive $55 for a cc cream that doesn't do anything. This feels and looks more like drug store makeup nothing special has no skincare benefits unlike the Korean cc creams. This is more like a tinted sunscreen. The only good thing is it contains spf30 mineral Titanium dioxide as the active sunscreen ingredient. Usually it's hard to find anything higher than spf15 with physical base sunscreen in a tinted moisturizer especially in western makeup that has any coverage. Most tinted moisturizers are chemical base spf15 and has barely any coverage no enough sun protection. This would be good for those with normal skin with little to no imperfection to cover just evens out skintone. Dry skin not moisturizing enough oily skin will become more oily. Combination skin horrible dry/oily patchy.

on 5/11/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan unfortunately. I got the 30 shade as it seemed to match in the store (damn those lights! Lol). The packaging is beautiful, of course and functional. Not too hard to squeeze out and not so soft that it squishes out a huge amount. I felt like it "sat" on top of my skin instead of "melding" into it. I felt that it went on a little streaky with a brush so it's probably best applied with a bb sponge. I didn't bother to try because the shade is actually too pink so I will be returning it. I also agree w some of the other reviewers in that it gives a weird grayish tint as well. If anything, that's what killed this product for me. The shade. It's all kinds of wrong on me.
It has the usual chanel fragrance but it disappears after a while. My skin is sensitive, and more combo/oily these days. The fragrance didn't irritate my skin, but this cc cream made it look a little too shiny. For reference, my skin tone is around a nc/c 30-35; yellowy golden olive

I really like Chanel creams and liquid foundations so I thought I would give this a try. I got it in no.40 which is my shade.
I have combination skin and an oily t-zone and this made my nose and forehead look super shiny and greasy. I even tried to set it with some powder but the shine still came through and the cream didnt stay put for long on its own either.
It also made my skin look grey/dark after a few hours.

It does have a high SPF which would be good if the cream lasted longer on my skin!

Definitely expect a better quality product for 40, will not repurchase.

I changed to this CC Cream 2 weeks ago, I was using Bobbi Brown BB cream before this. I have never been so happy with my skin since using this chanel CC Cream. I sufffer from acne breakouts, lately along the jawline. Since I have switched to Chanel CC Cream, my skin has seruously never been so good. I went for No. 30, which suits my skin perfect, blends so well and gives my face a healthy glow, with good coverage(better coverage than Bobbi Brown BB Cream). There is nothing bad I can see about Chanel CC Cream. My main skin concern is breakouts and since using this they are way less and my skin feels so hydrated amd soft. I am so happy I decided to try this CC Cream. Lastly it is expensive, 60euros in Ireland, but I totally think it is worth it. I will repurchase again and again.

on 4/16/2015 3:40:00 PM

I really did not like this product.

The smell was nice and fresh, it looked good on the skin only if mixed with some kind of moisturiser. The consistency was far too thick and the shade was too dark and very pink undertones, I can't imagine anyone having skin that pink. I liked that it had such a high SPF but didn't look too white or luminous, however overall the product was a real disappointment.

For such an expensive product, it is definitely not worth it for me. I would say it does its job as a CC cream as redness was reduced, but fails in every other department.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best cc cream I have used I have to be so careful what I put on my skin because I have oily problem skin I have used other products like this from cheaper price ranges and found they did nothing but add oil to my face I can put this on and feel confident about my skin which is somthing I have trouble doing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I keep looking for alternatives but always come back to this lovely cc. Perfect to cover redness, and it doesnt leave a moist trace :)

on 1/31/2015 6:40:00 AM

This is beautiful and I love it. It gives me gorgeous coverage and I've ended up ditching my Estée Lauder foundation to use this CC cream full-time. It's all I use; out and about, to weddings, nights out, everywhere. It gives me a beautiful glow and I find I don't need highlighters or illuminators. I've already repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 11/17/2014 12:49:00 PM

Love love love this product. I dont know why I have been looking for a BB cream since last year. Something I want to use on weekends or just when I'm out and about so it's not so heavy full on make up when I'm just out for a few hours. I've tried Clarin BB cream (good as well but I didnt find a perfect color match), then went on to Guerlain BB cream, I loved Guerlain too but once I tried the Chanel CC cream, I think I found the color and look that I've been looking for. After the sales lady tried it on me, she gave me sample to take home so I can try it with the powder I'm using and I also want to see how it will stay on my face the whole day and it was perfect, even after 8 hrs at work, when I come home, you can still see the coverage. Love this product and will definitely stick to this... Thanks Chanel for a great CC cream. It's a little pricey but all worth it!

About the smell, there is a scent but it smells good... I dont know why some people say it smells horrible. I guess people are different when it comes to scent but for me, it smells great, just like the other chanel products.

i love this!!! it covers my (big) pores and fine lines and gives me a beautiful glow and a flawless skin. the only negative thing is the shaderange(we just have "beige rose" here in norway) and the price is a bit expensive.