3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

The best cc cream I have tried. Actually, the only one I've used that I've been genuinely satisfied with. With concealer, it gives me a level of coverage I'm comfortable with and I'm very happy with the fact that the spf in this product is so high. Ideal for day-wear, particularly during summer. I prefer this to most foundations, which I never thought I would say about a cc cream. I used the shade beige 03 during the summer. I imagine the paler shades might run a bit yellow, as I often find with Chanel bases, but when my skin tone is slightly warmer this works very well.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

I first bought this several months ago and I was super disappointed with it. I didn't have the heart to throw it away though so I just put it aside for about 4-5 months. A few days ago I decided to give it another go and I was actually surprised with how well it worked on my skin. The difference between nowadays and a few months ago is basically my skin. I think that using a lot less products in my skin care routine has helped. My sensitive rosacea barely flares up and the texture of my skin is much better. I guess less is more, huh? So basically the way the product works depends on the temporary condition of your skin. PROS: A little goes a long way Smells divine but goes away quickly (I hate fragrance in makeup but this is nice and it doesn't irritate me) Very smooth application Medium coverage Not too matte not too dewy Doesn't look like you're wearing any foundation Comes in a tube Reapplication is easy (doesn't make the skin look cakey) CONS: Doesn't last too long (3-4 hours) Used to irritate my skin for the first few minutes (not anymore though!)

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

7 months ago

I got a generous sample of the 20 beige after an assistant on the Chanel counter of my nearest department store applied some for me. I am 58 with normal/dry skin. This CC cream sat on my skin and stayed clammy to the touch until I removed it over 4 hours later. It settled into every single line and crease and made me look around 10 years older. It also oxidised quite a bit too. Coverage is very good for a CC cream and I like the fact it has factor 50 sunscreen but there’s no way I would buy this product. It’s £48 here in the UK and is one of the most unpleasant creams I’ve ever tried. The only plus point was how lovely it was to get home and take it off. I’m going to get another tube of the Clarins BB detox fluid that I’m coming to the end of. It feels dry and silky straight away and doesn’t collect in every pore and wrinkle,

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

9 months ago

For me at my age (64), this just doesn't work. It used to but, like others have said, it is all silicone. And sits in every.single.line. I used a Chanel foundation brush, buffed lightly...and ended up with wallpaper paste. And though it says it has a high spf, I was red after a 15-minute walk. So what is the point? Chanel foundation colors can be a tough match for fair skins, too. Deep sigh. Try before you buy, that's for sure. And wear it around for at least an hour.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

a year ago

Love it! A little bit of this gem goes a long way! This is the perfect light makeup for people that just want to put one product on their face and run out the door. This has heavier coverage than Laura Mercier’s TM but is a touch lighter than Chanel’s lightest coverage makeup. Has that classic Chanel floral scent. I’m so glad I bought this - I would definitely try it at Chanel because the shade range is limited- but I got lucky and am very happy with it!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

a year ago

*Going off a sample.* Meh. It’s decent, don’t think it’s worth the price really. I will add the caveat that I did apply it with a beauty blender over a cheapo sunscreen (after it had absorbed) and no primer which may have affected its performance. I found it to be somewhat dewy, which I didn’t care for and found it to look a bit cakey around my forehead. After a couple of hours it also settled into the base of my nose which looked kind of bad. However, it didn’t oxidize which was really nice.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

Silly me! I once tried a sample of this and loved the sheer coverage and good color match so I decided to go out and buy the full size. If only I had looked at the ingredients list first! They have changed it to a much more silicone-heavy base (it's now the first 3 ingredients!) so if like me you don't tolerate silicones very well then this is not going to agree with you! Going straight back to the store for a refund unfortunately. Have emailed Chanel CS to find out if any of the old formula available and where I might be able to find it, I'm hoping somewhere still has it. Really wish I'd grabbed a few tubes of it before they changed the formula... Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3.0

a year ago

Disappointing! I'm not sure why CHANEL keeps changing the CC Cream formula, it was perfect the first time around. At least the color range has been expanded and now has a high SPF. It's recommended to be worn under powder foundation, however I wore it under liquid foundation as I have done in the past with this product. I found it looked somewhat drying on the skin (my skin is combination). Sadly I returned it!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair

HairSilver

a year ago

While this product has a excellent finish, doesn't transfer, lasts a long time (seven months daily use), and covers redness well, it has removed every trace of moisture from my skin and shows disastrous crepey crinkles and lines not seen prior to use. This of course could be the aging process, however, after I apply this CC cream, my skin is tight and hurts to move or smile, even when used with Dermalogica Super Rich Repair sealed in with a thin layer of Aquafor. Astonishing. It will take at least one year to repair my skin to baseline after discontinuation of use. I will not repurchase and do not recommend. Update 12/07/2019: I just looked over this review again; its been exactly one year and my skin has finally recovered. I no longer look like Cher after her 25th facelift when I smile. Been using Aveno Baby Eczema Care Moisturizing cream and after one week my redness is manageable, no more tightness ( remarkable cause its winter), and no irritation. My skin looks bright when I smile now :)

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

In one word=pasty; two words=thick, overscented; four words: what was I thinking? I am 65(ouch, it really really smarts to write that)I have a beautiful complexion, smooth, soft and even toned(albeit a bit sallow these days)and I thought this would be perfect for me. I have the La Prairie Caviar foundation, which is exquisite, but I'm just not into foundations lately, so I figured CC was the way to go. However, if this is at all indicative of what a CC cream feels like, count me out and gone. This bondo, oops I meant cream, has so little movement to it that I thought I might need a palette knife to spread it on my face, now onto the 'look', this made my pores look so large that I could single-handedly eliminate the housing shortage as a family of six could move into each pore and have room for a carryout dinner. The scent is something else to behold, as in "whoa Nelly and head for the unscented hills". I love the scent of Joues Contraste(if cocaine smelled like JC, I would have moved to Peru by now)unfortunately the scent on this paste, oops I meant cream, has the perfume of a thousand single note chemically altered roses(from Neptune). Honestly and truly I love Chanel cosmetics and am hooked on the stunning packaging, but boy-oh-boy this is very possibly one of the worst cosmetics I have ever beheld and I am a former professional/commercial makeup artist.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral