Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

I was excited when the Beige Rose 32 color came out, and rushed to the Chanel counter to try it. It really melted into my skin, so I decided to buy it, even though I have like 20 other foundations/BB-CC creams in my rotation. For reference, I wear Bobbi Brown Cool Beige, and the Beige Rose 32 CC cream was a perfect match.

Strong points are the full-spectrum sunscreen of SPF25, portable and sanitary squeeze tube, and the lovely skin-like finish. This is less thick than, say, the DiorSnow BB cream, but still gives good coverage. It also photographs well in daylight (have not tried it with flash, but I imagine that you would get some bounceback due to the titanium dioxide.)

Weak points are the oil control (I have combo skin and very oily nose), and this is also very heavily scented (as most Chanel products are) -- so if you have a sensitive nose or your skin is reactive to fragrance, beware. Also, since it is only available in a few shades, darker skintones will not be able to find a match.

Overall, a very good product and one that I am happy with. Will definitely repurchase! continued >>

on 6/19/2014 4:39:00 AM

This product smells so good. It's nice on. So here are the pro's and cons

Pros:
- good coverage
- has SPF
- keeps the skin hydrated
- colour was good for my skin tone, I believe there's only one colour

Cons:
- can only purchase in Asia
- makes you oily and leaves creases after a few hours
- there's only one colour

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.

on 8/5/2013 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love this CC cream. Besides it gives fairer complexion, this cc cream also moistures my skin perfectly. But I'm not recomend this product to all people skin tone. In my opinion, this is suitable to people who have medium into fair skin tone. The smell is almost the same with other Chanel products. This is a good product but not highly recommended .

on 10/26/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this because I love the ease of BB and CC creams--they're one step. I have two other Chanel foundations(new to my collection that I love) so I thought this would be a homerun. I bought no 20 since I am that color in the foundations but it is a little light. It does oxidize some with wear. It covers way more that the Chanel foundations, both offer sheer to medium coverage, and this gives light to medium coverage because it has zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and octinoxinate as the sunscreen. It adds a luminous look. All good but here's the weird thing. After about 3 hours I checked my face to see how it was wearing and I had white streaks on my face: on my chin, forehead, down my cheeks. I had not worked out or walked in the rain. I had been watching TV. Nothing strenuous. I had used my fingers to apply. I don't know if this was an aberration but I will try again before I give up on it.

on 9/20/2017 9:48:00 AM

It doesn't help you if you have an oily skin because it doesn't have matte finish at all. But for the dry skin team, it's for you guys because it makes your face looks so glowing but not so oily.. but the colour range is not too many, i think that's not suitable for the medium & darker skin person..

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't break me out which is good. I find that it doesn't blend well into the skin, looks like a film of product on the face. Makes my skin looks streaky as well, lines were enhanced for some reason. I will not buy again, there are many better products out there.

on 3/4/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It has the strongest scent out of any of the Chanel foundations. And don't let the name CC Cream fool you. This is medium to full coverage foundation. It's very thick going on and the smell is overpowering. It looks nice in natural light, like you have nice makeup, not nice skin. I'd rather my foundation make me look like I have great skin naturally. It's very expensive but it does have a good spf 50. Not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again.

I've only tried the new version with SPF50, so I can't make a comparison to the old formula. Overall, this does quite a nice job in evening out my skin tone, feels comfortable on my face and is not cakey or oily. This takes a while to set on the skin tho, when applied, it initially leaves a white cast on my face. Took like 1 minute or so to be properly absorbed. The coverage isn't great tho, something like that of a tinted moisturizer, so I do apply a thin layer of liquid foundation over this CC cream for a better coverage. Word of caution, this will crease when applied over the eyelids. I'm feeling kinda "meh" about this product, it's ok, but not something that would substitute regular sunblock then foundation routine. I'm not repurchasing.

on 7/19/2015 3:43:00 PM

I truly believe this is one of the best CC cream on the Western market, but is it worth 59CAD$? Not for me and it makes me cry to spend so much money for a 30ml tube. You could buy a 50ml Korean BB/CC cream for 20$ and you would get the same results. It may sound a little silly, but I can almost compare this product to the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream in terms of functions:
- Light-medium to buildable coverage
- Long lasting
- Light weight
- SPF30/PA++
- A little goes a long way
- Gives natural dewy finish.
This is an excellent product if you are looking for all these characteristics. Even if it seems to work beautifully, the cons are mostly in the ingredients. Some people have noticed irritation after using this product and I'm slightly concerned about the skin caring of this CC. (For more informations about the ingredients: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_b0a498156.html).
Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream offers more benefits (anti-wrinkle, non-greasy, brightening, whitening etc.) and like other Asian BB creams, is more focused on skin care.
The product was first released in Asia and the shade range is very poor since it was made for Asian skin tones (or I'd rather say, Asian beauty standard...). There are only 2 shades available: Beige 20 and Beige Rose 32. Even if the second shade says ''rose'', they are both light to medium and warmed toned. The sales lady recommended me Beige Rose 32, which seemed like a great match, but when I got home and tried it on my face, it was a little too dark (but I'm able to correct it with a lighter powder). Unlike other Western CC creams, this can be worn on its own. The sales assistant said that this could be used as a base... To be honest,I don't feel the need to go with a foundation over because it delivers enough coverage.
The packaging is okay. The fact that it's a tube doesn't make it as hygienic as a pump, but since the hole is quite small, it's not a big issue for me.

Finally, think twice before buying this product because like I said, it only contains 30ml... Fortunately, you need a small amount to cover your entire face, but I still wouldn't use this product everyday because of the price. 59CAD$ is insane when you know there are less expensive BBs/CCs out there doing the exact same thing as this (and have more benefits).
(Some people are very fond of Chanel products and will probably always stick to this brand, and I can't blame them. But for people who are suspicious about getting it, this is simply a friendly reminder that there are other alternatives you could eventually try. Don't forget that you can always ask for samples too!)
Good luck!