CHANEL CC Cream

CHANEL CC Cream

3.3

on 12/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

CG 3-in1 foundation is a Dupe! Extremely similar texture and finish but higher coverage. This one has a tin foil shine to it. Its alright but not worth the price tag and heavy fragrance. Also caused a few bumps after a few uses. much prefer the CG! Wont repurchase (xmas gift). Also it dries really quicky. Those with dryish skin this might emphasize flakes. The silicone formula does however fill up pores. Be sure to oil cleane with this.

This is my everyday go to foundation because its very natural looking and covers a lot without looking cakey and thats saying a lot because i have larger than normal pores and ugly red acne scars all over the sides of my cheeks. Because this has hyaluronic acid in it to moisturize it does tend to make my face look oily pretty quickly however thats no real problem i just blot it off and I'm good to go. It's really easy to apply with a wet sponge. The color is very pale so I would only recommend this to those in the fair range.It works for me cause I'm fairly pale and the color really adjusts. I also have sensitive acne prone skin and this doesn't seem to worsen it. So all in all I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking for a quick all in one coverage, has fair skin, and wants a beautiful natural glow!

on 10/29/2013 3:03:00 AM

I was skeptical about buying this after reading all the reviews. But still, I'm pretty curious, so I bought it last week.
When I first use it, I have to admit it was quite difficult to apply cos it gets absorb rather fast. It has a mild scent that disappears almost after you have blended it in to the skin.
A little CC cream does the job on the coverage. It made my face looks natural & it feels light. For the past few days it has been really hot & I perspired more than usual, the make up is still in tact.
No outbreak for me. *fingercross*.

*Update: I am not sure if its the CC Cream or my eye liner...cos my face starts to get oil around noon and the mascara or eye liner will start to smudge. I am done once I finish the remaining of the CC cream.

on 8/28/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So like all Chanel this is definitely a splurge item IMO.

I swatched this in the store and couldn't wait to pick it up.

It's funny one of the biggest criticisms of this CC cream is that it comes in one shade.-- I think that one shade is "beige"-- but yeah, it's a little bizarre.

I find myself really difficult to match-- I am nc15, very warm and a lot of yellow in my skin. I would wear sand in bobbi brown and buff in revlon CS. I feel like *most* foundation brands really neglect my skin tone which is a super light yellow olive that borders on fair. Most foundations have light shades that pull too pink.

So astonishingly, this one shade of chanel CC cream happens to match my skin perfectly. I took that as a sign that we just needed to be together.

The pros:

--SPF 35 and the sunscreen is a physical sunscreen. I believe titanium dioxide. (This was one of the bigger motivators for me to switch from smashbox was that I wanted just a physical ss)

--perfect color match (for me). Will match you if you wear CS buff, are nc15-20, ELDW bone, bobbi brown sand, MUFE HD 117, etc...

--really decent coverage for a CC cream (when you first put it on you're basically flawless)

- blends well
- did not seem to irritate my skin

Now on to the Cons:
- expensive. I don't feel like quality justified the cost. This is another product where I felt like I was paying for the name "chanel". JMO

- does not last on skin. I used a setting powder and still only got about 4-5 hours of wear before my hyper pigmentation marks were almost totally visible. For me it's average coverage-- I think it wore as well as Smashbox. Wore longer than Nars TM and much much longer than Tarte BB, which is *not* long lasting at allll (on me)

- biggest CON of all *and* the reason I returned the product. THE SMELL!! OMG this product smells terrible. I can't explain it-- it's almost like a chemical strawberry or watermelon scent. But it's so artificial it almost has a BO quality to it.

I don't like fragrance in my products. I don't mind a sunscreen or paint smell that is often found in foundations/BB/etc-- that I don't care about, but I really can't stand perfumed facial products.

First off, fragrance tends to be a big irritant for me-- especially putting it near my eyes. This fragrance didnt cause any physical irritation-- but it was pretty relentless. I kept waiting for the smell to dissipate or at least lessen and it never ever did.

I walked around smelling like BO and watermelon for what seemed like forever.

It was very offensive to the point of it being a chore to wear, so at that price I couldn't justify keeping it :(

Can't stress enough- if you're pale and yellow like me it is a *great* color match though.

Oh well

on 8/16/2013 7:10:00 PM

This cc cream is perfect for my light skin. It is super hydrating, and I don't need to wear a moisturizer underneath, I just use clinique step 2 to tone. It looks great on, like my natural skin, but better.