CHANEL CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CHANEL CC Cream

3.3

on 4/16/2015 3:40:00 PM

I really did not like this product.

The smell was nice and fresh, it looked good on the skin only if mixed with some kind of moisturiser. The consistency was far too thick and the shade was too dark and very pink undertones, I can't imagine anyone having skin that pink. I liked that it had such a high SPF but didn't look too white or luminous, however overall the product was a real disappointment.

For such an expensive product, it is definitely not worth it for me. I would say it does its job as a CC cream as redness was reduced, but fails in every other department.

on 1/31/2015 6:40:00 AM

This is beautiful and I love it. It gives me gorgeous coverage and I've ended up ditching my Estée Lauder foundation to use this CC cream full-time. It's all I use; out and about, to weddings, nights out, everywhere. It gives me a beautiful glow and I find I don't need highlighters or illuminators. I've already repurchased and will continue to do so.

I cannot live without this product. I use Beige Rose 32 shade. I wear it everyday. I have combination skin and this super lightweight full cover product has been a lifesaver for me. I wear it on my days off from work when I'm just doing errands and during my work days I apply a tiny bit of CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Vekvet foundation where needed as well as their Lift Lumiere Rose concealer under my eyes. I'm pushing 50 and use only CHANEL skincare but there isn't a day that goes by where strangers don't stop me to ask how I get my skin to look so flawless. This is my secret weapon.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product was recommended to me by a friend and I must say I am totally hooked on this product. I havent got the best skin but after using this my skin looks absolutely fabulous. It really does correct imperfections, it makes my skin look flawless. For me its the best thing I have bought for a long time. Will definately buy again. A bit pricy but it has lasted me ages.

on 6/19/2014 4:39:00 AM

This product smells so good. It's nice on. So here are the pro's and cons

Pros:
- good coverage
- has SPF
- keeps the skin hydrated
- colour was good for my skin tone, I believe there's only one colour

Cons:
- can only purchase in Asia
- makes you oily and leaves creases after a few hours
- there's only one colour

on 6/7/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this cc cream so much -- mostly because it was a splurge buy and I can't return it. According to the Chanel representative, it comes in two undertones, pink and yellow, and it's supposed to adjust to the color of your skin. I have the rose beige, for pink undertones, and it is a good match for my light, pinkish skin, although maybe a little too light. The color is a lot like Dr. Jart Black Label Detox. Not sure it would agree with anyone who has a dark or even medium skintone. The coverage is great, medium-high, and it covers my acne scars well without looking caked on or patchy. My face looked smooth and poreless, really the best it's ever looked. Buildable coverage and blends very well, though too much product comes out at once when you squeeze the tube. The downside: very, very glowy, from the instant you apply it. I guess this would be good for dry skin, although I think the glow/shine factor would be even a little too much for dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I knew it could only get worse, and it did -- very shiny as opposed to glowy in an hour. Since I had to wipe it off after a few hours because it looked like an oil slick, I can't say how it holds up after a full day for normal or dry skin.
It's really a nice product -- it does make your skin look beautiful and it reminds me of Kiehl's but with more coverage -- but I'd suggest that if you have oily skin you might want to pass this one on by given that it's so expensive.

EDIT: Now that the humidity and heat are over come fall, and my skin is much less oily after acne treatment, I've found that this works really well for me. It only gets shiny toward the end of the day, and goes on matte. Lasted a full 8 hours too. Ironically, it's now one of my favorites. The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't make any claims to fade dark spots like a lot of CC creams, which is disappointing, but I could be wrong.

this baby is my HOLY HOLY HOLY GRAIL product.
It's true it does have a scent... but if this doesn't bother you it's just amazing. It's perfect for my skin tone too i got it in 32 beige ros and even that i have yellow undertones it still works perfect.
my favorite foundation combination is benefit that gal and then the chanel cc cream, i get tons of compliments on my skin and people keep asking me what i do and how i manage to get such perfect skin. with this product a dream has come true. despite the ridiculous price you only need a small amount of the product to achieve best results. so for me its wort it. i have no idea whats the color range in other countries but would ask for a sample to test out the color before buying.

foundation references:
MUFE HD - N120
MAC - NC 20
GIVENCHY Photo Perfexion - 3 Perfect Sand

hope this was helpful for you guys.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.

I normally never post reviews however for this product I just had to. This is one of the worst product I have ever used. First the fragrance, I never have had any problems with fragrance in products in the past but this product is horrible! It smells like saliva mixed with old lady perfume! It lingers for a long time and makes me dizzy and sick! Texture wise, it feels really patchy, it doesn't blend easily and transfers really easily. It can be like wiped off... Because I don't personally use powder as I dislike powders, this cream doesn't set by itself... It just sits on top feeling like a heavy mask. Coverage wise, it has very high coverage, it definitely has too much coverage for me. It feels and look really cakey as it very thick. It is definitely high medium coverage. Ingredient wise this product didn't really contain much skin care benefit or very little. Another factor is that I found lots of Paraban in this product I think there was 4. This may be the reason my face looked extremely red after removing the cream and caused irritation to my apple zone. Price wise, this retails about 70 dollars so I wouldn't say it is very expensive and is pretty good value considering the amount you get. However overall this was a horrible product and didn't like it at all. I don't know how Chanel actually would produce this, as such a famous brand. I guess it just didn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was a fail for me it made My skin glow covered my pores and made my skin look even dewy and very radiant but alas that's where my love for this came to a bitter sweet end the color was not a match not even close and it was the lightest shade it goes orange on me I have had this problem with brands like chanel and dior and even clarins running to dark on me so this is a no buy for me:/