Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.1

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

on 3/16/2014 7:54:00 PM

I am finishing up my second bottle of this wonderful foundation. Boots No. 7 Lift and Luminate Foundation. How do I love it? Let me count the ways...First, it comes in a pump dispenser. Much more sanitary than some foundations that you have to dispense into you hand, wasting and contaminating the bottle when the product is exposed to the air and bacteria. The color choices are beautiful. Rarely have I had a foundation match my skin so perfectly. I was a fan of Estee Lauder Doublewear Light for years, but I prefer this at half the price. When applied, the foundation has a silky feel, it wears well, but doesn't feel heavy or cakey. I'm able to get it at Target, instead of having to travel to the mall. It feels like a high end product, and a drugstore price.

on 2/18/2014 11:48:00 AM

I don't ordinarily wear foundation, but I have been looking for one for several months because I'm getting married in spring. I normally just dot concealer (with an acne-controlling ingredient) on blemishes, redness, and on my usually shiny nose, and then dust with Neutrogena Skin Clearing powder. That's usually all it takes, and my skin looks great. But I was thinking for the wedding, with a long day ahead & photographs, that I probaby should consider something more. That, and the fact that this winter has actually been brutal on my ordinaily-oily skin, has caused me to look for something not as drying as my usual routine. This product sounded like the kind that would give me that bridal-skin glow with a little extra coverage, without making me look weird as someone who normally doesn't wear foundation. Unfortunately, I did not really like this. I still only use it in spots "as needed," and it offered me little to no coverage over even mild redness or shine. The quantity you get is HUGE for a very competitive price, but I think the product comes out of the pump entirely too fast! I just need the smallest little dab to blend in an area, and then another little dab for another area, and so on...this pump gives way too much no matter how careful I try to be. Apparently they think people are going to wear this in QUANTITY. Being that it didn't seem to cover or otherwise improve the overall look of my skin, WHY would i wear this in quantity? At least it did not break me out. I also was impressed with the color choices (I bought the cool ivory and it's a good match). But I will not repurchase and I definitely need to keep looking for a foundation.
**UPDATE**: I have not used this once since the week I bought it. I just never reach for it because I have so many other products that offer much better coverage and illumination. Dropping rating by one lippie.

on 2/3/2014 4:37:00 PM

Color I picked matched perfectly. Loved the color payoff and finish. Unfortunately, it broke out the whole left side of my cheek/jaw area. This is the only item that was different in my makeup routine. Its going back sadly.

I hate to be the one to bust the 100% Would Buy Again record, but I must. It seemed like a great makeup based on the reviews. Coverage sounded good but not masky. I tried it, color was a little off but knew that could be tweaked with an exchange. But then....what was wrong with my face? Oh! The thousand and one pores that all became totally visible! I touched up with some MUFE HD Powder (HG, btw), and it improved the appearance somewhat, but later the pores were all lined up, standing at attention, staring at me the next time I checked. Ugh. :( It's going back.

on 1/2/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My sister sent me this and I love it. I have been using MUFE Face and Body for years and I do still love that too. This is a bit more coverage than the MUFE and it wears like a dream. I have very dry skin and this does not cling to dry patches nor does it create them. I hope it continues to wear well during the hot humid summer months.

on 12/30/2013 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm another one of those people who can't seem to find a foundation they're completely happy with and stick with it - even taking into account the fact that on different days your skin may have different needs.
I'm amazed, this one may fit the bill at last. My skin only needs a bit of evening out, so I can't judge whether it would be sufficient for high coverage needs. In my experience, it's medium coverage while remaining invisible, which I find incredibly good.
It's very smooth and creamy without feeling greasy. It leaves a beautiful glow and does not cling to any dry patches. It seems to have everything!
I bought the shade Warm Ivory after getting colour-matched at Boots with their special gadget (for reference, I'm NC 20 to NC15). The match is fantastic, so I suppose the gadget works!
I'm very impressed and it's all thanks to MUA once again (I never buy without consulting our reviews).
I thoroughly suggest you try it, unless you're oily.

on 12/18/2013 4:06:00 PM

After testing what seems like a 100 foundations over the past few months I've finally settled with and purchases this in cool vanilla, I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with a foundation because of my problem skin but this one doesn't cling to my dry patches or make my t-zone oily and it hasn't broke me out so far and the anti ageing benefits it claims to have can't hurt! For a drugstore foundation I did find the price a little expensive there are others in the no7 range that are cheaper, the packaging is the usual bottle with a pump to dispense the foundation it's nice not cheap looking. All in all its a good foundation with moisturising and anti ageing qualities with build able coverage

on 12/3/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am always on the lookout for a good-coverage foundation that looks natural but lasts all day. I purchased the Beautifully Matte foundation by this company because of the great reviews online, and I did enjoy the product...but it was a little too dry-looking on my skin even though I really liked the coverage (I used it with a primer.) The LIft & Luminate line also got great reviews, so when I got a little low on foundation I headed to Target and purchased this one. While I like shading and the way it smoothed over my skin, the coverage was minimal. The next day I tried it without primer, but it was still very light coverage (not sheer, but very light.) So now my routine is to use this line all over my face (without primer) and to use the Beautifully Matte line on my nose and around my eyes. The two shades (Cool Vanilla for me in both lines) mesh very well, and it gives me light coverage most everywhere but more coverage where I have more discoloration. Still, $25-$30 is a lot of money to pay for a foundation (the initial investment if you're buying both lines, but then again I'm no longer paying for primer) and I'm not sure I would have done it had I known ahead of time, but I'm happy enough that I bought another Beautifully Matte to replace the one that had originally been running out instead of returning the Lift & Luminate. (BTW--according to the product containers, the Protect & Perfect line is a light coverage, the Lift & Luminate line is light to medium coverage, and if memory serves the Beautifully Matte is medium coverage.)

UPDATE: After trying Healthy Mix foundation (which I liked but reminded me a lot of this foundation, AND you have to order the Healthy Mix since it's not available in stores around me) I'm back to this foundation. I actually LOVE this stuff now that I "bake" it on--it lasts much longer and I get much better coverage patting it on with a make-up wedge than applying with my fingers like I was a month ago. (See my review on Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder for "baking" and my new make-up routine, which I LOVE!) My only wish is that this foundation came a little lighter (or maybe my Target doesn't carry the lighter version?) I use Cool Ivory (I'm NC20) and it works, but I could go a tad lighter if it was an option.

on 11/20/2013 3:57:00 PM

WEAR:
* Light to medium coverage
* I have mixed feelings about this. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it settles into my pores in an obvious way. I don't know if it's me, the brush I apply it with, or the product. I find I have better results if I blend it in with my fingers.

ACNE:
I read that this was recommended by dermatologists... and I believe it! This has not caused me acne at all... and I say this as someone with highly sensitive, acne-prone skin that will break-out at the drop of a hat.

PACKAGING:
* Chic, elegant-looking, CLEAN!
* Plastic bottle, sturdy, well-made
* Pump. The pump works well, no clogging

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Holy moly! Where do I even start. I have dry, like really dry skin with tons of redness. It's so hard to find a hydrating foundation with good coverage. This goes on great with one layer, but builds nicely too. It's not watery like some foundation for dry skin- it has nice body. The color cool beige is a perfect match for my skin, which in MAC F&B is a C3.
This stuff is only 14.99 for 30ml which is great, and it has a pump! One pump is like the perfect amount for your whole face at a medium to full coverage.
It says it has anti aging properties, but that remains to be seen. It stays all day without going uber matte, cakey, or flaking.