Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

literally the best. i had a big pimple smack dab right in the middle of my forehead and after using this it was gone the next morning. can't wait to try the others!

on 10/14/2016 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This does exactly what it says it will. While it's more the consistency of a scrub than a mask, once you wipe it off with a warm cloth your face is left feeling clean and smooth. Despite the rough texture it didn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin and unlike a scrub it didn't leave my face feeling tight. I only use it once a week on my face and neck. While it didn't do much for my pores it left my face feeling refreshed cleaned and "polished".
I hate the fact that by the time the tube is half empty you can't close it anymore. But I have recommended it to my friends and family members that wear make up and encourage them all to use it once a week.
UPDATE: I wear make up an average of twice a week but one week I had worn it about 5 days straight. I used this 3 days in a row and had a slight break out. I used my acne scrub and once my skin cleared I went back to using this once a week and was fine. It's too harsh of a mask to be used daily in my opinion

on 10/1/2016 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this mask/scrub once a week. It has charcoal, like an Origins mask that I use sometimes. Plus...it is also a sugar scrub (Fresh makes one). I use most of the mask for the body, but my face also gets a gentle exfoliation and detox. This is a great product for a great price!

on 9/30/2016 10:42:00 PM

Outstanding exfoliator! I use a generous amount since it's pretty cheap and apply all over my face and neck once a week. It's wonderfully purifying and my skin is left soft and smooth. I rarely get cystic zits anymore but the last time I had a gnarly one that refused to come to a head, this scrub/mask helped bring it up in just one use. I was able to do the extraction with no scarring. Fan for life, although I also want to try the mud mask version.

$3.69 for a 6 ounce squeeze tube at Rite Aid.

on 9/14/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got some samples of these at my local Walmart. Very cheap and a lot comes in the little package. Right now my skin is being good to me, but looked a little dull so I tried this sugar scrub. Using my hands I massages this into my skin especially my nose where I have a bunch of tiny clogged pores or filaments whatever. Anyway my skin felt sooo smooth afterwards no lie. Can't wait to see what tomorrow morning looks like . Btw it did nothing for my clogged nose pores but my skin does feel
Good

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Summarized review:

• Pros- great exfoliating product!
Has a warming sensation
Smells good

• Cons- isn't exactly mask type consistency
Can scrub face too hard
Worse of all... BROKE ME OUT VERY BADLY

Detailed review: Quick description of my skin: not very sensitive, normal/combination, rarely ever have breakouts/blemishes except for the occasional spot right before my mestrual cycle. So I found this in my local Meijer (similar to Walmart) for around $6 so I think it's very reasonably priced. I've used it three times so far (in somewhat three different ways). I washed my face then applied the mask to my skin while damp. It had a slight warming sensation. Smells slightly of green tea (which I love). The directions says to leave the mask on for 5-7 min but I will be honest and say that I left it on for about 20 (not sure if it makes any difference). I scrubbed it around my skin before rinsing it off. My skin felt super smooth and clean. I applied coconut oil as a moisturizer. The next day I noticed that my skin was "rough/bumpy" all over and I had some small white heads. One or two days later I used it in the shower. I applied it, left it on for a couple minutes only, scrubbed then rinsed off. Again finishing with coconut oil as moisturizer. Next day even more white heads. Third time using it, I used it as a quick facial cleanser/scrub and rinsed off immediately, again finished with coconut oil. I have never had so many white heads on my face in my life. Iam "hoping" that my skin is just purging but I have a bad feeling that my skin just does not like this stuff. My skin has never reacted this strongly to any product (I tried Argan oil which broke me out also, but not this much). I've noticed that my skin doesn't really like coconut oil that much either. So Iam going back to my cetaphil mositurizer. Iam going to give this mask/scrub a few more times with my usual moisturizer to give it a fair review. Also I haven't had any issues with closing the tube as others have stated. Will update later

I have been using this regularly for months, and I love it. It's abrasive enough to provide good exfoliation without irritating my skin. And the price is right!

on 6/29/2016 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this!! I need to stock up! I use it as a scrub and my skin immediately clears right up and keeps it clear. Not irritating. Not drying. Skin is soft and glows. I use it a few times a week now. I am not crazy about the packaging. The lid becomes difficult to close but the product itself more than makes up for it.

on 6/17/2016 6:47:00 PM

I finished this scrub but won't repurchase because:
1. The tube cap won't close anymore after the first use
2. If you have a pimple this scrub will burn it, make it red and take forever to heal.
It does exfoliate but I think my microfiber cloth does a better job :)

Amazing product!!!!

First I used it as an scrub, but its worth to used it as a mask. (I used twice a week, for 20 minutes). It really exfoliates my skin without irritation and leave it really soft.
I love the hot sense it has, and it smells delicious.

The thing I don't like, is the packaging. Once you opened it, it won't close it correctly again. Im traveling to Canadá in a week, and Im sad. I cannot take this mask with me cause Im afraid it could mess up everything.