Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

I just tried this for the first time. Bought the tube at Big Lots for $3.50. Only used a small amount, but the particles tore my skin apart, and irritated the rosacea on my cheeks. The scent is also very strong. It's odd though. I've used the Apple Cider Vinegar Scrub with pumice frequently but never had any problems with my skin flaring up. My cheeks feel like they have been slapped or stung by bees.... I'm tempted to try it again, to see if it is a fluke, but for now, I would not repurchase.

on 2/25/2018 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I am recently on a quest for better skin..menopause is kicking me while I am down...wrinkles and pimples do NOT mix. I got this at the local drugstore for a teeny price tag..how I use it is after I wash my face..i damp dry with washcloth and put this on...go about my bath and let it just sit. When I am ready to rinse off I rinse this last..get my hands wet again with warm water and kinda massage it in as it rinses away...and I have been pimple free since..except when I stray from this bargain...it will ALWAYS be in my bathroom from now on!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a bomb-ass sugar scrub/mask! I’ve been using it for almost a year, and I still have a lot left. I got it for $3-4 at the dollar store, and it’s a really great product for the price. My skin always feels so soft and clean when I use this! I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but my face feels kinda warm in a weird way when I apply this, but there’s never any kind of allergic reaction. It’s a bit odd, but not concerning enough for me to discontinue using this. I actually got my best friend addicted to this mask, and she has really sensitive skin that is irritated by most products. Hands down my favourite scrub, and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 2/11/2018 7:39:00 AM

Left my skin completelly dry after 1 use :(
It took me days to get it back to normal

on 1/21/2018 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Superb scrub. It takes away all the dry patches and makes my skin feel very soft. I am not sure the mask does anything but it sure polishes. I will repurchase.

on 1/7/2018 2:14:00 PM

I use this as a body exfoliant and prior to shaving because this is a very abrasive mixture. The sugar particles are large and sharp, and it feels like it cuts my face when I use this on my face. I used this on my chest and I had dozens of small scratches all over my decolletage from where this scratched me, and the scratches remained after I got out of the shower but did fade away several minutes after that. This does leave your skin quite soft afterwards and I imagine it’s because it literally scrubs some off. It’s perfect for preshaving so I’ll finish this bottle up on my legs, but will not repurchase.

on 12/30/2017 11:24:00 PM

love!! I have sensitive,acne prone, combo dry (flakey) in the winter and kind oily in the summer. I usually leave this on as instructed but maybe a tad longer, and use a lot of water to slowly scrub it off. pros: no gross perfume smell exfoliates nicely(don't scrub rough) price! ($4-$5) non irritating cons: can be harsh if not careful don't use this if you currently have a lot of active spots. I find crubs only irritate then further.

on 11/3/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought the mask because I was just looking for a mask and i was like, this one looks good. the mask smells really nice. i love the fact that it doesnt dry ut your skin. during the scrubbing phase, my skin was a little bit red, it felt really good. it rinsed off easily. the mask didnt feel warm on my face. i like the way the mask felt on my face i could smile easily, it didnt dry out my skin. after rinsing my face was baby butt smooth and my skin looked prettier. i stared at myself in the mirror and i kept smiling at my reflection, it worked so well. i dont know if the product lasts all day, i do my face routines at night.

on 10/19/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing mask/scrub to use 1-3 times a week. If you have very sensitive skin I would avoid this scrub as the sugar crystals are very coarse and might lead to excessive redness and irritation.

I've been using the mask for about two weeks now and my skin has gotten noticeably smoother and stubborn blackheads on my chin have gone away.

When I use this scrub I usually do leave it on as a "gel mask" for five minutes while I shave/shower and then scrub it off before washing my hair. The sugar and charcoal do not stick to the floor or sides of my shower which is a big plus.

After using the scrub I apply a witch hazel toner prior to using either aveeno daily cream moisturizer with spf during the day, or at night use Clinique' moisture surge and Josie Maran's argan oil under my eyes.

I really love this mask/scrub and you get a lot of product for your money. I paid under $4 at Walmart.

on 10/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not particularly loyal to any scrub (loves me some options) but mamajama's review convinced me I needed to get this one. (Thanks, MJ!) And of course, she's right -- it's great stuff. For reference, my 37-year-old skin is normal with hormonal acne and the occasional congested pore...I have fading acne scars but not much else. I use this scrub almost exclusively in the shower, because the extra water allows the sugar granules to dissolve as I scrub up, and it leaves the charcoal mask behind. I leave the mask on a little while in the shower (while shaving or soaping up), and then rinse off. Voila: baby-butt skin! I follow with my regular Alpha Hydrox glycolic night lotion and my skin is just so happy. I haven't had issues with this scrub, but if you're very sensitive, be aware this scrub is scented: I really love the fresh-sweet smell though! The huge tube of this has lasted me months with 2x per week use, and I would totally buy it again. (Btw, I had to get mine on Amazon but the more well-stocked drugstores probably carry it.)