Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is really more of a scrub than a mask. The scrubbing sugar granules may be to harsh to use on the face for some. It has a strongly scented fragrance of synthetic sandalwood that lingers on the skin. I have not found this beneficial to the skin when left on as a mask. I really like using this weekly on my hands, makes them super soft and smooth.

on 2/28/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I've tried LOTS of scrubs, masks, etc. and this stuff is amazing!! Has a pleasant low-key smell (neither overtly "chemical" or "natural/medicinal" and it's a steal for the price.

Although it's called a mask, it's like a scrub. It's pleasantly gritty. My skin is pretty sensitive, and I use this once a week. My skin looks and smells nice and clean - not at all raw or irritated.

on 1/31/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product. I use it mostly as a scrub, and sometimes as a mask. My skin feels so clean, soft, and lovely after using it. It's very inexpensive, and most importantly, my skin looks clear and glowing after using. I highly recommend it.

on 6/16/2014 4:32:00 PM

I have become a huge fan of charcoal based products. My skin is light-med. and slightly oily and I have always used tons of scrubs and masks in my skin care beauty past. Though they call this a mask per se, this has the distinct performance and consistency of a thick scrub. I can also actually taste the sugar sometimes when I use it as a mask. Mostly, I use this during my baths and it is a great overall body scrub. My facial skin also really benefits from this in these hot summer months, as charcoal is a great natural product for oil absorption. However, I believe that this scrub would be suitable for all skin types and it really polishes your skin as promised and leaves it looking and feeling soft, smooth, and fresh. LOVE it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This mask exfoliates your skin and has a warming feeling to it. I felt all of the impurities being pulled out my skin. After washing my face, my skin feels so soft and delicate.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Well...The Jury is out on this product...but I couldn't wait to give it a review. Freeman makes an inexpensive product that usually is good quality, in my opinion, but I really didn't see or feel any noticeable change with this mask. I'll use it several more time and take the "wait and see" approach"...but so far..it really made no real difference. That could change with several uses, however. :) The Price is right, so I haven't lost much...that's the worst case. But I'm going to use the entire product and see how it goes. :0)

on 2/18/2014 11:21:00 PM

This stuff looks really awful coming out of the tube (like animal you-know-what), the lid won't close all the way by the conventional means of flipping it closed, it falls off your face when trying to apply it, and goes on blotchy and uneven giving a Rambo-like camouflage look (which, I admit, is kind of fun).

So what's to love then? It's simply a fantastic product! And exactly what I was looking for. And a gem for under 5 bucks!!

I've been looking for a mask to replace the amazing exfoliating cream from Vichy (discontinued, so won't go into that), and my skin's been dry and blotchy and dull - and I've got everything needed in natural and high-end beauty counter skincare, but nothing was helping. I normally do natural oil massages, or pull out my Queen Helen Mint Julep or DHC scrubs, or sugar and oatmeal scrubs, aspirin masks, etc. but nothing was making my skin feel clean enough, was improving the redness or dealing with the dehydration.

I read the reviews for this scrub/mask because I had just tried a single-use pack of Freeman's Cucumber Peel Off Mask (and liked it too). I was so intrigued by what MUA'ers (and my age even) were saying about this product, so I got it today and just tried it.

WoW! This has made my skin cleaner, calmer, and softer than anything else in flipping months! I can tell that another two treatments and the bumps will be gone, and the congestion will clear. I can't wait to use it again - it's so unique.

My Tips for Use: Smooth, then pat the product on your skin to get best coverage; follow directions, then after doing the exfoliating part, touch the backs of your hands on your skin to get the product onto your hands and get an AMAZING hand reflexology and 1-minute manicure by massaging the scrub in. Rinse your hands under water, then wipe the product off your face with a warm cloth; rinse with warm water to remove the rest.

I'm going through a skincare transition and have a few different products I'm rotating through as I try to find how to newly care for my changing skin, so I followed up with a DHC Moisture Fruit Lotion (toner), my fresh homemade vitamin C serum (what a glow that produced after the scrub!), my Clarin's Hydra-quench Serum, and the rest of my Clarin's Vital-Light Night Cream sample (not a bad product).

I love it! My skin feels plump, and looks calm and *super* fresh and clean!

Thanks again to MUA'ers for sharing your stories and saving me $~)

on 7/29/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Just picked this up for a bargain $3 at my local Ocean State Junk Lot and wow!!!!
I am so thoroughly impressed!!! If you are familiar with Remede's Sweep and love it, look no further than this...ok, so it does not have pulverized marble but the black sugar feels just as divine...my skin felt so smooth and silky after cleansing...go get yours now my friends !! xo