Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub
True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

4.1

on 4/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

I am an exfoliating queen. I have tried a bunch of scrubs, and I haven't come across something that is similar to this yet. It has a clean soap smell. Guys can even use this one and not worry about smelling all girlie (lol). It has shea butter beads that exfoliate as well as moisturize. I found that it takes a little more than a quater size amount to get a good foam out of it. The packaging is simple enough. Just flip the top and squeeze it out. One thing that I didn't care for is that it's hard to wash all of those little beads off my body and my washcloth. Other than that, this is a product that I have bought more than once. As far as price is concerned, there is a travel size that you can get for under $6 to try first, so that you won't be out of $20 if you don't like it.

on 1/9/2008 10:43:00 AM

I did actually repurchase this product once but getting the damn stuff out of the bottle was just too hard and it wasn't moisturising enough or quite scrubby enough. And, although I didn't hate the smell, it's not exactly pampering. It does smell like washing up liquid. All in all, there are worse scrubs out there. But there are also better ones.

This was nice and scrubby and had a clean scent. The only complaint I have is the bottle. It is near impossible to squeeze the product out, you have to have a steel grip to use it.

This is a nice & effective exfoliator that leaves skin lovely & smooth. It has an interesting fragrance - more like a fresh men's/unisex deodorant bar soap. I would've preferred something that smelled, I don't know, like fresh shampoo rather than this,if that makes sense. I like this & would purchase again but it's not HG-calibre.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is some great scrub! My body has breakouts if I use anything that has sugars or excess oils. The smell is very nice, I can understand the words manly from other reviewers, I just throw on some nice perfume to mask the scent, or just go without. I haven't had a negative comment yet so the smell is worth it. Once I start running out of the stuff I just turn it upside down to let gravity work its magic so I can use it without shaking it like crazy. One of my favourite daily shower products.

on 7/26/2007 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really do love this stuff, but I hate the smell. The formula is great and makes my skin so smooth and soft, but the fragrance really bothers me. I do add oils to it and that helps a little. I also thought about mixing it with a little bit of shower gel. It's just way too chemical smelling for me! It is nice to find an effective scrub that's not salt based though.

on 7/7/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I feel bad hating this scrub too (as one reviewer already mentioned), but I don't like anything about it. I usually like the True Blue Spa line - this may be the first product I don't like. I didn't find it to be a good exfoliator for my really dry skin & the smell was nasty. It might be an ok shower gel if it didn't smell like furniture polish, but it needs to be more grainy to be a good exfoliator imo. On the plus side, it didn't dry my skin out at all, so it does have that going for it. Luckily I only purchased the travel size when they were all 2/$5, so I'm not really out much.

on 6/15/2007 9:39:00 PM

It's been forever since I've written a review, but I had to let y'all know about this scrub: it's awesome! Not too long ago I developed some mild breakouts on my back and chest; this has gotten rid of them. It exfoliates well, though not too harshly, and rinses off easilly (a huge problem with other scrubs I've tried). I also use it to help prevent ingrown hairs on my legs after I epilate. I love it! In fact, I'm on my second bottle (by the way, I agree with others who say the packaging could be better). I've never finished another scrub before, let alone purchased it a second time!

on 5/9/2007 10:15:00 PM

Really nice scrub from B&BW. Gives lots of moisture to your skin, not overly scratchey, good scent, and isn't oily.

on 2/18/2007 8:03:00 PM

I love this stuff. I love the smell too. I wish I could find a perfume that smells like this.