Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

on 9/1/2003 4:28:00 AM

I love this so much!! It is incredibly pretty and versatile. I wear it in many combinations - either more elaborate ones, or just one or two colors. They all go very well with each other. Qualitywise they are excellent, but a little sheerer than you'd think from just looking at them. As always, Chanel shadows can be used wet as well, for more intensity.

on 9/1/2003 3:09:00 AM

So Chanel is sort of the epitome of all makeup... especially the eyeshadow since it's triple-milled and really high on the pigmentation. I bought this because it was just so gorgeous and I needed to own it... plus there's that cache when you whip out the compact with the two C's... anyways, as much as I adore it, I came up with a drugstore equivalent for when I'm going to see people who aren't worthy of my Chanel... the drugstore version is three Cover Girls (how hard have they been working to revamp their image? I love it!) and one Maybelline. Still, the Chanel version is so springy and beautiful... buy this for when it's raining outside, it'll make you brave the elements!

on 6/30/2003 7:44:00 PM

Excellent and very practical colors. The powder is soft and fine, easy to apply.

on 6/9/2003 12:22:00 AM

You know, I've had this quad for a LONG time, and when I realized the other day that it was getting low, I RAN to Chanel to buy another one. I realized I better review it, so everyone else can know how FABULOUS it is. I use the green shadow wet, and I LOVE it on my lid. The brownish color is the one I find myself using the least... mostly just in the crease. As a side note-- this quad is REALLY nice to use with Chanel's creme shadow "Atlantis" -- FABULOUS!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was a little puzzled about how to wear the colors in this gorgeous quad but I loved them so I bought it anyway! Thanks to the girls on MUA, I now have "instructions" on where to put each color!! MUA is the BEST for this kind of stuff!! And this quad is gorgeous - a fun splurge if you're in the mood for something a little different!

on 5/29/2003 12:33:00 PM

I love all of Chanel's shadows & the Quads are no exception. I love how they take the guess work out of applying & coordinating e/s. They are highly pigmented so you can build on them quite well or use just a little for a softer look.

Nymphea comes with four shimmering shades:
dark bronze brown,
light champagne beige,
medium rosy-peach,
medium-light sage/chartreuse.

It doesn't look like you get a lot for the price, but it will last a very long time.

This compact comes with four small shadows (pink/gold, brown, moss green, and cream). All are shimmery and I like them very much. They apply very sheer and are quite easy to blend. I would buy more Chanel eyeshadows.

on 5/2/2003 7:05:00 PM

Oh how lucky i am. Seriously. First i find this gorgeous eye quad on ebay for $10 after wanting FOREVER, then victoriaf and sleepy tell me exactly how to wear it. Mua rules. And now i'm going to post what they wrote for your benefit.

vf: pale beige gold on the lid, up to the brow, pink in the crease, green in the center of the lid & a bit under the brow. Brown to line. You can also blend it lightly into the crease. You can place beige gold into the inner corners and use it to line underneath your lower lashes.
I also use a little bit of brown on the inside of the lower lid.

Sleepyone:

the SA suggested this.

Lightest color all over.

Green color on lid.

Coral color in crease.

Brown blended in crease and outer corners.

Brown wet to line.

Wearing it w/ Mango Glace Chanel INfrarouge lipstick. Ah bliss.

on 12/12/2002 6:57:00 AM

So, so beautiful. My favourite Chanel eyeshadow quad to date. The colours are so elegant, and yet incredibly unique and pretty. I love the shimmery texture, and the beautiful contrast between copper-coral and sage green. I feel like a true nymph when I wear this. ;)

on 2/8/2003 9:22:00 PM

This is a really great e/s quad. I wanted to try other quads...but the shades looked too warm or too dramatic for my skintone.

This quad comes in 4 shades, all shimmery...my fav is the green and the champagne...it gives me eyes a really neutral look. I like to use the brown as a brow color as well. As for the peachy shade, it reminds me a lot of MAC's paradisco..except that this one is more shimmery.

My only complaint with Chanel quad are the applicators that come with it..they just don't work!