CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

CHANEL Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

on 10/29/2004 2:20:00 PM

This was my frist Channel eyeshadow purchase. I fell in love with these colors and they looked like they would suit my neutral ppp to lll coloring and green eyes.

I was so disappointed that when I applied them they had no color depth and read as a pale barely there shimmer. My lids are somewhat dark compared to the rest of my skin so I tried these with a neutral base shadow, with MAC barecanvas paint, and even MAC's Cream Color which never fails to bring out color and nothing worked. I applied them with a brush, a sponge applicator, dry and wet. Applied wet they looked great for about three minutes before they dried to the same powdery shimmered nothingness. The texture was a bit gritty and piling it on just made it worse. All in a very disappointing product.

Lovely.... the BEST colors i have ever had... Love it SO much!!!!

I love Chanel eyeshadows. They are richly pigmented, so you only need a small amount. They are so versatile, use them dry or wet (creates a whole new look when you use MAC mixing medium or similar product).
Nymphea is just as the name suggests; lighter colors perfect for warm weather. The colors are:
JAVA: A gorgeous cocoa brown with shimmering bits of bronze. Not too overpowering. Perfect in the crease.
SEAMIST: A delicate and totally usable soft kiwi with just a touch of gold. This looks beautiful on my pale to tan skin, and awesome on darker skin tones.
CHAMPAGNE: A beautiful and easy-to-blend champagne beige.
BLOSSOM: A vibrant rose packed with gold shimmer.

These high-quality products make it so easy to experiment! Be wild! Also, READILY available on the auction circuit (brand new ones!). Do some careful shopping if $50 is out of your budget for eyeshadow, or if you're like me and collect colors like crazy! :-)

CHAMPAGNE: A beautiful and easy-to-blend champagne beige.
BLOSSOM: A vibrant rose packed with gold shimmer.

on 4/11/2004 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OH my lord. This is the perfect combination of earthy tones combined in one quad pallet! This nymphea quadra comes with the following shades (all shimmer, but not disco crazy "look at me" shimmer): a nice pale beige (base, highlight), a medium pinky-rose, a pale green (so nice and adds a little bit of funk to this quad), and finally, a deep shade of brown (great for creases, outer corners, as well as used wet as an eyeliner). The quality of all CHanel products that i've used so far has never failed me yet, but these e/s could be more pigmented to be even better. However, they are easily blended with one-another, and of course, you don't have to use all four colours unless you really feel like you're in the mood. The four colours are arranged in a square, and are placed in a super sleep black compact WITH A MIRROR!!!! Two sponge tipped applicators come wiht it as well, but i could never not use my make up brushes anymore ;) Just to add a little bit of typical flare to this packaging, it comes with a super nice velvety pouch for the compact! whoa :) (now i can kinda guess where all our money goes...grr ;) Super versatile shades.

on 4/6/2004 12:43:00 PM

It's been good product days for me lately... yet another winner, Chanel Nymphea quad. Beautiful colours - pale beige, minty green (turns pale sage-y when applied), peachy goldish rose and dark chocolate brown, all beautifully shimmery. The colours are sheer and don't seem to be awfully pigmented (compared to MAC e/s) but they are perfect for daytime wear and give that beautiful fairy-like ethereal effect. The shades are subtly shimmery when applied dry and are more intense when applied wet. The rose gold also works as a highlighter on my cheekbones. I am swooning over this product - easy to apply, very blendable, silky and the colours are just perfect for spring. Nymph-like, indeed.

*edit* I am giving this 5 lipstick after wearing it for a few weeks. Today, I found a new way to wear it - champagne all over lightly, a little more on brow bone, dark brown near the lash line (blend well), minty green on crease (blend to mix with the brown) - beautiful slightly smoky eyes with a slight shimmer. Loving this compact more and more every day!

I love the colors of this spring-themed quad. The colors are soft and natural-looking for everyday wear. But the texture of these eyeshadows is rather gritty, and after several hours, you will find the gritty pigment settled into the lines under your eyes. If you really want to splurge on a Chanel quad, try Frissons... The texture is silky, the staying power is amazing, and the colors are nothing short of alluring!

on 3/17/2004 10:22:00 AM

I agree with many of the girls here...I was somewhat intimidated by this quad after I won it on eBay. The colors are not at all what I would pick for myself. I try to stay nuetral since I'm a LOLA and even ventured into the violets after a guy at the Nars counter told me to stop being so boring, but seafoam green?!? The pink, ok, but the green? So 80's! After experimenting with these colors some, I've come to really like them. I have to admit, though, that for the price, the color should last ALL day. I've found that using Lancome's Aquatique as a base really helps, but I don't think I should HAVE to. All in all, I'm pretty happy with this quad, and I love the oohs and ahhs I get from my g'friends when I whip out my Chanel case to reapply.

on 3/11/2004 5:15:00 PM

You want me to wear peach eye shadow – with green highlights? A devotee of innocuous browns and lavenders, I was wary, to say the least, when the makeup artist selected this color combo for me last spring. It reminded me of an '80s beach hotel. But the light, natural look works perfectly with my fair skin, faux blonde hair and blue eyes. I can’t say I’ve stuck with the entire four-color combo (who has time to contour with four colors?), but I love the look and the rich texture of Chanel shadows. And the convenient mirror and incredible packaging are a major plus. My one complaint: I don’t mind paying the full price to buy a new compact each time, but I wish Chanel would make it refillable. It seems awfully wasteful not to.

on 3/4/2004 7:17:00 PM

I received this in a swap and didn't touch it for the longest time because it looked too pretty. I finally tried it and hated it! Looked at it some more and tried it for a 2nd time. Still hated it! Finally after reading the reviews here, I found some great suggestions for how to wear it. Finally! I got the "ethereal" look everyone was talking about and now this baby is staying in my makeup drawer never to be swapped. I will, however, not be repurchasing because it's just too darned expensive.