Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

4.1

on 12/31/2008 6:32:00 AM

too much money for such a small quantity. i used up the beige e/s in a month because pigmentation wasn't that great either. nothing too exciting about the colours too- at that price you can get the same colours at MAC with more quantity and pigmentation.

No reason to buy quad from Chanel again

on 6/27/2008 10:43:00 AM

I like this pallette because the color combos are endless. It's not just a neutral pallette. You can use them all together, or even incorporate other e/s in with it. I just love the look of Chanel.

i love their eyeshadow palette as the colours are very versatile and it takes me from day to night.
there are many ways to mix the colours around,just have to experiment.
but i find the lighter colours are not very pigmented though.

I have a bit of a problem with Chanel eyeshadow. Its just not as pigmented as i would like. Maybe i'm spoiled with using too many MAC and UD products along the way but for the price, you'd expect quality - and quantity. This could have been the first in a long line of quads but it stopped here. I only liked two colours and was surprised to find a block of wood more than twice the thickness of th actual shadow. I believe in value for money and with Chanel supposedly priding themselves on this concept, i expected more. I really feel you're paying for the packaging, here and am more than a little disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Chanel shadows. This palette is so soft and pretty. The colors look so pretty together. I put a little green right over my pupil and it makes my eyes pop. Chanel's shadows have a great texture and consistency. They wear all day. I wouldn't rebuy... only because I think this palette will last my lifetime.

on 4/30/2008 8:04:00 AM

I would like to add that I've since become a MU Artist & the trick is blending the peach and green shade over the brown for a cool copper effect and highlighting the brow bone with the lighter shade...you can use any combination of blends ..this is a staple in my train case!!!
I love these shadows. You can apply wet for a more intense look. I used to think Chanel was all hype and over priced... I don't find pricing any different then the Christian Dior quads I used to buy..Anyway, I was wrong these are the prettiest shadows I have ever owned and I will be trying more chanel quads for a variety of looks.

on 3/4/2008 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eye shadow, best one I used so far... And it works very well with the Chanel eyeshadow blending brush! I couldn't believe that a great brush could make such a big difference... it's a whole new eyeshadow I got now...The colors are great and eventhough I barely used any during the day, this one I bravely use as my everyday work makeup!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I own a few quads from Chanel & this is my favorite. The colours work beautifully together or alternately in pairs of 2. My preferred look is with the creamy beige & the dark brown, a really nice day look. I find, unlike most of the other reviewers that these shadows are very long wearing but it does take a few strokes to build the intensity ( I should mention here I am EXTREMELY PPP, so perhaps this is why they show up well on my skin). I forgo the applicators included & just use my finger, its quicker & more effective. I think its the best way to get the intensity, if like me, you are lazy & cannot be bothered with wetting eyeshadows. I said re-purchase but I'd rather just have the brown & cream shades as they're the ones I use the most, but Chanel doesnt seem to offer these exact shades on their own or as a duo.

i receive this as a gift and i like the colours of this palatte.very versatile.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for the swatches.

The java shade is a shimmery chocolate brown with no red undertones on me - love this. Blossom is the pink shade that has a hint of gold and sea mist is the beautiful shimmery pale minty green. These two shades go well together to my surprise with a beautiful golden sheen! The champagne shade gives a satin finish, which imo is less shimmery than the other 3 shades, and it serves well as highlighting. Actually, all of them are very blendable.

For reference, I own the Euro version. The pigmentation is okay but I find it hard to get the colour show up with my dry brush. I have to use my finger to get the powder on my lids and blend with the brush, or to use these shadows "wet". I use this over LM's eye basics in linen. I guess it's better to use this over a base for better colour payoff. Note that this may not be the thing you want if you like very strong and bold colours.

As for staying power, it's not particular impressive for this price. It's better if the e/s is worn wet. I just wish it can stay longer on me. It lasted on me better with the LM eye basics. No problem on creasing on me though this generally isn't a problem for me. I will be repurchasing as I love the golden sheen created! :)

continued >>