GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.6

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After a long thought process and weighing the pros and the cons I've decided that this product is truly not worth it. It is a gimmicky product because it claims to do so much but the results don't show it, as it dries its supposed to suck up all the oil and the dots on your face represent that but even after I wash my face my face continues to be oily. The packaging is such a waste, so much paper and so unnecessarily bulky. I've used 70% of it and don't notice a difference in my face, my acne doesn't clear up as better than using other masks that are 1/5 of the price. This is definitely a hyped up product, that doesn't live up to the claims. Save your money, save the earth and save yourself the regret of buying this product.

I actually am really mad about how much I liked this product, because I cannot justify spending $70 on a mask (although I'll splurge on a mini if I have accumulated some Sephora points to use towards it for my yearly trip in to the store).
This was another product that I originally was exposed to through a subscription box. I got the Tinglexfoliation through the Bunny Meyer curated Beautycon, and I emailed in to Glamglow regarding the Supermud and was able to get a tester for it as well. I ended up forgetting about it for a little bit, but then a new foundation made me break out badly on my chin and nose, and I had tried all of my usual products without getting fast enough results.
The sample had enough for about two uses, three since I only used it on my nose and chin, and that was all it took- within three days my breakout was visibly lessened, my skin was less red and irritated, and even the dark patches that I was afraid would become mild acne scarring were less noticeable. I've never had something work so well and so quickly, and it even seemed to make my pores look and feel cleaner, and made them a lot less noticeable- something I've been struggling with for a while!
The smell isn't exactly pleasant by any means- it smells a bit like licorice root mixed with something damp and gross, and that was definitely a drawback, but for the results that I achieved I honestly wasn't too concerned by the scent.
I had to take off a lippie for the packaging and price- it's $70, but most of what you're paying for is the jar, which doesn't hold NEARLY as much product as you would think it does by looking at it. If you want to buy this mask, please go to Sephora and actually look at the physical container so that you are aware of the amount of mask you're paying that much for- it's not a pretty realization, and is why I've limited myself to occasionally buying the mini rather than stockpiling the full size like I would normally do with a product I like this much.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

One word -amazing. I love how my skin looks after using this mask. I cleanse my face, apply this mask for 5 minutes then clean. It has a slight tingle feel if you leave it on longer than 5 minutes. It also reduces the size of my pore.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It was interesting to see the oil and dirt drawn out from your skin right in front of your eyes and the immediate result after taking it off made my skin feel smooth, clean and flawless.

HOWEVER - the next day I saw myself having a one of two pimples breaking out and thought that was the after effects of using the product. Fast forward to maybe one or two days later, my whole face is breaking out like mad! Not like whiteheads or cystic acne, but the ones that are in-between... the annoying red ones with puss inside and leave horrid scars after they go away! I was not happy after spending AUD98 on a full sized one and then to leave such a nasty aftermath!

Thank god for Lush's Cosmetic Warrior and a huge stash of Chanel's Le Blanc, my homemade vitamin C serum at 15% and Estee Lauder's Advanced Night repair serum stacker a week later all the break outs that was caused by trying on this mask, is almost gone - the pigmentation is still there, but it is slowly fading away.

So I will never repurchase this again after what happened to my skin! At one of my friend's was super happy to receive an almost full GlamGlow Mask for free so yeah. Grrr.

on 9/9/2016 6:02:00 PM

I have repurchased this several times. I have now however found another product that does the same but is cheaper and not as rough on the skin. I would recommend you try Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask (3 times the amount of product for a slightly smaller pricetag.)

The glamglow brand has excellent products but the packaging is excessive and the actual tub is tiny. I also have noticed that a lot of product dries up in and around the lid. Simply unacceptable when you think about the price per milliliter.

on 9/3/2016 1:14:00 PM

I have never bought a large size, because I do not think that the quality and effectiveness of this product justifies the steep price. I have gotten plenty of sample sized tubes over the last few years to form an opinion. Although I like this treatment, it is hardly any more effective, than any other clay mask. This grey clay goes on wet and dries pretty fast on the skin, tightening and hardening in the process. You will definitely not be able to talk, eat, or drink while wearing this mask without cracking it. As the mask dries, you will definitely see the dark dots over your pores, which hopefully indicates that the mask is pulling out the impurities out of your pores. It definitely requires a washcloth or a wet paper towel to take this mask off, I have tried several times to just use my hands and it takes three times as long to get everything off. The mask leaves the skin very smooth and soft. I have combination to oily skin, and this mask definitely leaves me dry, so I have to put the moisturizer on right away. Bottom line, although it is a nice treatment, there are other more cost effective products out there that essentially do the same thing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

if you are suffering from severe cystic acne (or any type of acne) look no further from this.
my acne is hormonal, and i notice that they get really really bad when i am facing a big test. i just finished my As levels last June and my face had never been worse until today. i tried everything from Murad (which cost me around130$ (converted from IDR (for the face wash and lotion only), Innisfree to Skinfood, but none of them gave visible result. but Glamglow shrunk 60% of my acne overnight. it visibly reduces the redness and reduces my humongous pores. what kind of disappoints me is the packaging. it dries very easily if you do not close it properly, and once it dries it is no longer convenient to use it. i dont know if it is purely Glamglow's magic because i mixed the treatment with SKII facial treatment essence, but if you are tired of having acne, try mixing these two holy grail products.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Last night is the very first time I use this product, and can't wait any longer to write the review. I get it on sample sachet size.
I have sensitive skin and actually was worried this will burn on my face, like most people said. But with me NO, not a single bite of tingling sensation I felt. I wondered do I get it right? But as the mask dried, I can see the gunks and toxins it absorbed from my face. When I wash it off, I swear never once in my life I felt my pores this clean!! Whiteheads were all gone. Blackheads gone some, but I tolerate it since blackheads are real badass. I've tried sooooo many pore treatment product but this one is the only thing that actually work I can say.
I had two pimples on my forehead and under nose. It didn't heal right away but it did get better. I guess with 1-2 more times spot application it will go away. Pores got a bit smaller. Hope it will get smaller and smaller as I frequently use the mask.
I took one lippie because the price is super expensive. But I wouldn't mind spending it to get such result. At least until I find a same result product with cheaper price.

Will update the review again later~

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I gave Glamglow's Youthmud a 1 lippie review, and with good reasoning. Glamglow in my opinion is overhyped & overpriced for what their products are.

Now, the reason I'm awarding more lippies to this one in particular is because it actually has actives in it. Lactic acid & mandelic acid are both alpha hydroxy acids. Meaning they will slough off dead skin cells, exfoliating the skin to have a clearer/younger appearance. This mask definitely offers more results than the Youthmud option in the black jar.

Supermud Clearing Treatment also offers a beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) which cleans the inside of pores. The charcoal and clay in this should help additionally draw out impurities.

With all that being said, I still would not repurchase. It's not just about the steep price on dirt cheap ingredients. I'm mainly annoyed by the fact they still shove a ton of fragrance in this, particularly linalool. Another issue I have is the peppermint oil. Both are disastrous for rosacea-prone/sensitive skin like mine. The tingling sensation is often just irritation, not a sign that it's working.

If you have tough skin & don't mind that there's cheaper equivalents on the market, go for it. But if you're like me, you're probably better off avoiding a tomato face reaction.

on 8/16/2016 12:32:00 PM

This mask is amazing! I have very large pores and I wear make up every day. At the end of the day I would do my normal skin care routine, and I would still find my pores clogged. I use this mask once a week, my pores can finally breathe and my skin looks amazing.