GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.6

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

on 11/26/2016 1:37:00 AM

Yeeesh! My skin isn't particularly sensitive, but a day after using this, it's still red and tender. No doubt this is due to the eucalyptus, which is great for clearing out your sinuses, but terrible for your skin. Got as a free sample, which I won't even be finishing. Save your money and get a clay mask without the skin-damaging irritants.

on 11/21/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did nothing whatsoever for my skin. It didn't have any effect on the clogged pores on my nose. It didn't refine my skin. Nothing. I got the set of five single use packets and used them all over the course of around two weeks, leaving each on for the suggested twenty minutes. Nothing.

on 11/20/2016 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This came in a huge box but the actual product is a tiny little jar. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed the packaging because the amount of trickery that went on made me extra disappointed with the amount of product I got.

With regards to the actual product, it does do its job. After I wash off my face does feel smoother and looks more clean. However, I have sensitive skin and THIS THING BURNED THE LIVING F--- OUT OF MY FACE. I don't know how I had the courage to actually leave it on for 10 minutes because the burn did not go away. After I washed it off, my face actually turned red because of the irritation. I don't understand how anyone else can love the so-called "tingle," maybe their skin is less sensitive or maybe they are tricking themselves into believing that this is the cleansing process.

This is normally 69 dollars but I got it when they had a BOGO sale. I still don't think it's worth even when it's BOGO though. Back to 5 dollar clay mask I go.

on 11/18/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this mask successfully a few times before I stumbled across Beautypedia's one-star review, which was unusually negative. I agree that there are some cons. It's overpriced for the amount you get. It looks awful while it sits on my face. I look like a swamp monster. But Supermud is better than other clay masks I've tried, and it's one of the few things I've found over-the-counter that clears acne fast.

I'm well past my teens and I don't see the number of breakouts I did in high school. However, once in a blue moon I get a zit and Glamglow Supermud is a very effective spot treatment for me. It shrinks the blemish and speeds up healing. It also clears stubborn blackheads.

I have sensitive skin, and I am the first one to point out that fragrance and certain plant oils can be irritating. If you try it and it's too harsh, please return it. However, Supermud doesn't tingle or burn when I use it. I don't experience any redness. Yet Clinique's charcoal mask was much too irritating for me.

I bought a small box of single use packets of Supermud for $22 rather than the $69 jar. Other than prescription topical antibiotics, I haven't found anything that clears up a zit quite like this. I don't think it's a perfect product. But recently I had a red, sore bump that was threatening to become a pimple. I applied Supermud, let it fully dry, washed it off. The bump never fully erupted and was gone within a day. This product has some drawbacks, but it works for me.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora site:

-ACNECIDIC-6™ 4.4%: A proprietary six-acid blend of AHA and BHA acids perfectly PH balanced to deal with damaged skin, de-clog, and minimize pores, pigmentation, scaring, and breakouts.
-Activated-X Charcoal: An extreme absorption carbon, attracting toxic substances into its mass up to 500 times its volume from all skin types.
-K17-Clay™: Extracts and encapsulates excess sebum oils, bacteria, and toxins in a controlled stasis state.
-TEAOXI™: Delivers daily fresh natural eucalyptol, natural-linalool oil, and powerful flavonoids direct into the formula from real pieces of eucalyptus leaf.

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Tartaric Acid.

on 11/3/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this mask three times in three weeks and I am absolutely not a fan. For one, it's extremely expensive for what you get. And also, it just doesn't do anything for my skin. I have a $5 clay mask that makes my skin look better after one use than this $69 mask! I guess I wouldn't mind spending that much money if it actually worked well for me, but it just doesn't. I do not recommend this product, but I have heard great things about the glowing mask from GLAMGLOW, so I will try that one and hope it works better than this one.

on 10/28/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wouldn’t use this product more than once a month (spa day), only because the product is so strong. But for those of you who have extremely bad skin try not exceed two times a week.
The product works very well, it cleaned all of my pores and when I applied it over a breakout, the breakout would shrink! So, this is definitely a product worth having in your arsenal, but just proceed with caution if you have sensitive skin like me!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love how this mask feels minty when you apply it on your skin and i love how clean my skin feels after i wash it off. At first it looks dark grey but as it dries, it turns light grey, almost lavender.

However, i do not see any outstanding results, and I also do not understand why the full size jar of Supermud is SMALLER than the other Glamglow masks but at the same price???

on 10/12/2016 9:03:00 AM

Ugh, this mask is atrociously priced - like, why? I think the company would make so much more money if it was in the $40 range, which is still pricey but still.

Regardless, I've been testing out a deluxe sample and I do totally love it. It has all the best properties of a standard mud mask with a variety of acids thrown in there, which my skin LOVES. So it clears out pore gunk and refines texture, which is why it works so well for me. It's also pleasant to use. You only need a thin layer, it dries quickly, and it's not a Herculean task to remove (looking at you, Aztec clay mask). It doesn't even smell bad. It's just HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

Side note, I just realized I've been rating price wrong on here I think! Like, this mask would get 5 lippies because the price is wicked high, not 1 because it's too much and I hate it. Oh well.

on 10/11/2016 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My face broke out. I have oily skin. Glad I got sample only. I threw away after using twice .

on 10/9/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

This is some overpriced mask. I let myself get suck into the hype of this product and for what it does I don't even would pay 20$ for it.

First, for the size of it, it's almost like I'm paying for a sample size with a gold price. I didn't even use it 10 times and I'm already about to finish it.

I don't really know if it's normal, but my package came with some dry pieces, which for the type of mask I'm sure that it can happen very easily, so they should've created a better package to preserve the product.

For what it claims to do, I sometimes used it for a longer time than recommended, just to see if I get better results, but nothing major.
I think it does a reasonable job drying out the skin from the extra oils, cleansing the pores from white and blackheads, it can also be used as spot treatment to blemishes.

I'll give a 3* for what it claims to do.
But I don't see any improvement on my skin by using this.
And I think for the same end results, I already used some 10/15$ masks that did the same job. It's just not worth the price. And I mean, If saw that it did something slightly better than the rest of the masks out there did, I'd kind overlook the price... but nothing what's so ever!

Recommendations: I wouldn't recommended it to anyone, for this price you can buy about 3 different reasonable size masks that would do the same job. Try the GLAMGLOW supercleanse Daily Clearing instead, I also reviewed this.