GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.6

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

on 6/9/2017 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I don't think I've ever written a review after trying a product for only two times. But I've also never seen more immediate and obvious results of a skincare product!
First time I tried it in the morning, while having one of the worst hormonal breakouts in a long time. I applied a thin layer over my entire face and left it on for about 30 minutes. My skin felt very soft and smooth right after washing it off (but that's a normal momentary reaction of my skin after majority of masks I try) AND the breakout looked considerably diminished (redness reduced, smallest bumps almost completely dried out and gone, pores visibly blurred out). My make-up applied like a charm and looked seriously better than even on the days when I don't have any skin problems! I almost could not believe this effect and was extra attentive when using Supermud the second time. I evaluated my skin condition carefully and applied the mask on my T-zone and directly on a few spots on my cheeks only. Very visible positive results again! And on my skin, it's not just a momentary effect - the mud works as a treatment, the blemishes and spots that were diminished with the help of this product did not reappear a day later.

I want to bath in this Supermud everyday! :) But oh well... I guess I'll stick to T-zone and spot treatment only since it is soooo expensive.

This mask falls somewhere in between Vichy's purifying clay mask and Boscia's luminizing black mask. I found it more drying than Vichy's clay mask with the pore purifying strength of Boscia's charcoal mask without the long wait time. But my biggest pet peeve with clay masks is how dry my skin feels after. This mask left my skin red and irritated. I felt like my pores were over vacuumed from this mask. I would not re-purchase this. I do love Glam Glow's thirsty mud, definitely worth the buy.

on 5/27/2017 7:47:00 PM

I'll say straight up: this product is crazy expensive and you can get similar results with much, much cheaper products. But, nothing can clean my pores out like this. It's some kind of a miracle worker.

PROS:
* My skin felt really clean after this. Like, really clean. And it looked amazing. It's never been as clear pretty much.
* My pores looked much smaller and they were visibly cleared out.
* Your skin feels so soft once you remove it.
* It didn't dry my skin out as much as other clearing masks do.
* You can see the gunk and oil coming out of your skin which is really disgusting and really satisfying at the same time.

CONS:
* the smell is so bad. It reeks of tea, not in a good way.
* the price!
* it has weird chunks of... stuff in it. I couldn't figure out what they were.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Echoing all the reviews. It does seem to have some acne preventing properties. I wouldn't say I have seen a reduction in my pores but for the price I expected more. For reference, I have super oily, sensitive and acne prone skin. I have better results with Aztec Clay sold at Whole Foods for 7 bucks. Just my 2 cents.

on 5/15/2017 2:47:00 AM

I got this mask in a Christmas set that I purchased a year ago, it came with a full size Thirstymud and a travel size of this. I tried this on my full face at first and didn't like it - it was far too drying, but I found that when I used it on just my t-zone it really helped to clear the gunk out of my pores (you can actually see the dark grey spots where the oil is absorbed, oddly satisfying). The salicylic acid also helped to calm down any breakouts in the area.

While I enjoyed using my travel size, I wouldn't repurchase because it is way too expensive for what it is. I much prefer my cheap Queen Helene mint julep mask for drawing out impurities, plus I can comfortably use that one all over my face. I think it might be worth a try if you've got an oily-combo or acne prone skin type, but there are definitely better options out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this and HATED IT! For the record, I'm not a sensitive type, my skin is rather thick and oily, plus acne-prone. I never had a problem with any product before, and any cleanser/mask that is supposed to deliver a "tingling sensation" has no such effect on me. But this mask stings like a mother, so much actually that it quickly became completely unbearable and I had to rinse it off. There are plenty of clearing and detoxifying mask that will work without hurting you: clay (Cattier), charcoal (Origins), mud (Madara), take your pick. Also, the texture of this mask is very unpleasant and weird. Will never purchase.

on 4/15/2017 10:44:00 AM

A great product to splurge on, but not sure if i'd repurchase again!

Background info: oily combo, acne/blemish prone, sensitive skin user.

Recently i had a very bad breakout, and had huge zits under my chin area. Desperately wanted them to go away because normal acne medication I purchased at my pharmacy didn't work as fast as I wanted it to be! I needed a new mask to try out too, so I succumbed to purchasing this.

Pros:
+ it really does the job
+ contains AHAs and BHAs to exfoliate (helps to reduce pores)
+ a thin layer goes a long way
+ pores did get significantly reduced

Cons:
- the packaging, there are so many great ingredients but it will deteriorate once exposed to air!
- the price!!!!!!!!! (costs $105 in my country, i live outside of US)
- didn't come with a travel sized version

Overall I think it does a good job. As mentioned, the huge zit on my chin completely reduced after one application. ONE!!! I was quite amazed by the results.

I have sensitive skin, so when i applied for the first time, i had an uncomfortable tingling sensation. Its not a burning kind, but the tingling only lasted about a min or two and it will be gone as the mask starts to dry. Just a point to take note since everyone's skin is different and results can vary.

The mask also dries fast once its on your face, so be quick and make sure that the jar is kept tight as well. Its not necessary to use for the entire face. Its possible to use as spot treatment as well (since its so expensive!!!!), and i use it mainly on the red areas and the redness or the bump will go down by almost 50% the next day.

I was bummed out because initially I had wanted to purchase this in a travel sized version to see if this stuff really works. Turns out, they had travel sized versions for every other glamglow mask EXCEPT FOR THIS!!!! Ps my sephora don't give out samples so the only choice left is to purchase it.

I would appreciate if they came out with a travel sized version as an option, and also switch the packaging without changing the formula! With that much great ingredients in this stuff i'd want the product efficiency to last longer!!!

Overall, I just don't know if its worth spending another $105 in the long run. However I will say this is the only one product that truly works and you can see instant results on your skin. Just for the price and the packaging alone, I'd put "no" for repurchase and I will try to find something better.

The only time i'd see myself repurchasing, is if they came out a travel sized version for this particular product, just because i don't think its a product that you put on everyday or you use regularly.

Hope this helps!

it's like witchcraft or something honestly. it works so well, when i start breaking out i put this on and my skin goes right back to normal which is great. it works super quickly and makes my skin honestly amazing.

I received a sample of this from a friend so I have to give the disclaimer that I have not used this over a long period of time. I had enough to use it 3 times. And I don't like it at all. I had high hopes by looking at the list of ingredients. It looked pretty promising. It has Kaolin, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, and Salicylic Acid: all things that usually work well with my skin and I have no problems with. So seeing that, I thought I was going to have a very expensive new must have product. But I don't like it (wallet, you're welcome). The first thing I noticed was that there are actual mud particles in the product. They remind me of pieces of leaves. I don't like a rough consistency in a mask. The pieces also stick to your skin while you are trying to rinse it off which I feel makes you scrub harder, in effect, irritating your skin more. Speaking of irritation, they added "Parfum" and Peppermint Oil which are skin irritants. I LOVE Peppermint Oil for aromatherapy but I don't want it in my skin care products. I'm sure they added that to try to mask the smell of it which I could stand if it worked well but the smell reminds me of some kind of fluid you would put in your car. On top of that, I noticed no difference in my skin. Since I started this review stating that I haven't used it for a long period of time, maybe with continued use, I would see a difference. But no thanks. I will stick with my ride or die Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask that is a fraction of the cost and works better for my skin.

on 2/7/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am the type of person who doesn't see the long-term benefit of using face masks, and most of the time I think they are kind of gimmicky and pointless. THIS however, is the only face mask I really feel makes both an immediate and a long-term difference to my skin. I find it works best if you use it every 3-4 days on a consistent basis. Initially It can cause some under-the-surface pimples to come to a head, so don't use this the night before a big event. Either use it the day-of (it has an instant brightening effect), or the week leading up to your event (to give your skin time to heal). After the initial 1-2 treatments of this mask, it stops purging your skin and just generally keeps it clear.

Before trying this I read a few reviews suggesting 'dupes' or alternate masks that works the same... but I have to say this is a very unique mask. It can't really compare to any other 'mud' mask I've ever used... because this isn't just a standard mud-mask. It contains AHAs and BHAs to exfoliate (Mandelic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, etc).

All that being said, this IS very pricy for a mask, and not really much of a bargain. Although all Glamglow masks (full sized) are the same price, this particular one (Supermud), contains only 1.2oz of product - compared with 1.7oz for most of their other masks. So you are getting 1/2 once less than all their other masks, but paying the same price, which kind of sucks. I have tried a few of their other masks, and none of them are as impressive as this one, so maybe the ingredients are just more expensive, and thus you get less product. You can stretch this out by using it only as a spot treatment or only on your t-zone/areas you experience breakouts. I personally use it all over my face in a thin layer.

I'm on my second tub of this and will continue to repurchase. I think it's a great way to incorporate BHAs/AHAs into your skincare routine, without over irritating the skin. Overall, this mask has made a big difference in the condition of my acne-prone skin.