GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.6

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought the travel size of this just to try it out, and I was a little disappointed. I have cystic acne, and I was hoping this would help my situation more than it did. I don't plan on buying the full size cause it's just too expensive. While it helped with the inflammation, my acne would still be pretty painful. I wouldn't spend this amount of money on a product like this again because the small size was $24, which I think is still way up there in price. Overall, this mask didn't do that much for me and I wouldn't bother buying it again.

I was originally afraid to purchase this because at $69 (now $59) for the Full size, considering I had no clue if I would like it or if it would live Up to its name. I was happy to see that Sephora offered a $24 sample size, still pricey for the size (only .5oz), but nothing near the $69 for the full size product.
The first time I used this mask I was really excited for the pore matrix thing and that was pretty cool to see it work. But more importantly, and to my surprise, the mask really did vanish my blackheads on my nose & make my pores appear smaller immediately. I will continue to repurchase despite the high price tag that thankfully recently decreased by $10 for the full size.
The only thing I’m not a Fan of is the black licorice scent and the obvious higher price tag for a relatively small amount of product (1.7oz). That being said, the 1.7 oz really does last a very long time especially with Supermud because I usually don’t apply it to my entire face.
I would recommend this mask for anyone with combo oily, oily or acne prone skin!

on 2/18/2018 5:47:00 AM

Very expensive in the UK, I think it was £44 a jar which is 50ml! That makes it the most highest priced little item in my beauty cabinet. That being said, I love what this mask does. I have oily skin that is prone to regular monthly breakouts and this really seems to help dry my skin a little and unclog my pores. At first I used a thick layer of the mask, until I learned that you only need a very thin layer that almost just about covers your skin. A 50ml jar will last about 30 uses for me.

on 2/11/2018 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Overall Impression:
1) It really cleans out pores, especially around the nose
2) It will dry the crap out of your skin, so spot treatments are the way to go
3) It is overpriced for what it is
4) My sample in a tube had solid chunks of mud that would block the opening and then trigger mud splatter all over the bathroom

on 1/30/2018 4:57:00 PM

“Mom, why is your face green like the Incredible Hulk??” Well hun I’m not sure.

Yea, idk if this does anything. If it does I haven’t noticed

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Terribly expensive, and it doesn't work; my blemish-prone skin just feels irritated and raw.

on 1/5/2018 2:02:00 PM

I don't mind this as a mask, but I LOVE it as a spot-treatment. It shrinks regular pimples overnight and brings those pesky, painful cysts to a head after a few days, without drying my skin out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a mini size of this mask as a gift and having dry skin, I wasn't particularly excited about it in first place. Clay masks dry me out like no other, so I thought I would have zero use for it.

That was until I learned that this mask has got a mix of wonderful, skin-clearing/exfoliating acids, which I often use in my serums anyway. I figured it would make a good spot-treatment and was so happy to discover that it did a great job at calming down my hormonal breakouts. I would never use it all over my face, but just here and there when there is a need - why not? I have more thoughts on how to use this mask here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/12/12/Sephora-Favourites-December-2017) but other than that I believe it is a good product, just a bit overpriced compared to what you can find on the market.

on 12/14/2017 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this mask, and I definitely can feel it working. That being said, it is questionably expensive for what boils down to a regular mud mask. I bought the miniature size, and have been using it on my nose and chin once a week or so, and I do think there is a difference after using it. It dries quickly, which I like, and you can see the dots of oil on the dried clay. Kind of gross, kind of satisfying. I have been following the mask up with a pore strip (I know they are questionable) on my nose to really get all of the gunk out, and it is impressive how clean my pores look afterwards. The mask itself has a kind of strong smell when wet, sort of herbal, but I don't mind it. It definitely tingles going on and while drying. I wouldn't suggest using it all over your face, especially if you have drier areas (for example, I wouldn't use it on my cheeks). It also helps stretch the mask out longer. I like the little pot, it's heavier than you would expect, which makes it feel luxurious. All in all, it's a good mask, but I don't think it is good enough or different enough to warrant buying it again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I can home from 4 days at a music festival with a congested face of blackheads, which is unusual for me. This cleared them and generally cleaned out my pores. I like that it has active chemical exfoliants as well as the usual clay. I probably wouldn't buy it again just it's expensive and I can make it myself.