Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

3.1

on 12/3/2013 5:32:00 AM

Body:

I LOVED this self tanner!
First I put a decent amount of hydratation cream on my ankles, knees, elbows, wrists.
Then I will apply the MDT.
It gives me a natural tanned skin without any dark spots (like on your knees or ankles).
But you have to take your time to apply it correctly!
Also, the smell is quite decent. There is no 'self-tanner'-smell (I hate the DHA smell!)
Definity would repurchase this.

Face:

I wasn't fond of the face cream. I got some pimples and blackheads. But I did get a decent color out of it. The smell was ok (coconut).
Wouldn't repurchase this.

on 11/30/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this and also the extreme face tanner because it was so highly recommended on YouTube. I am light-medium and I didn't get any more color from this than I would have from an average drug store self tanner. Also, I almost never experience breakouts and the facial tanner made my face breakout from just one use. I would not recommend this and it is also quite pricey.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE million Dollar Tan but the lotion just didnt cut it for me. I just COULD NOT get it even and no matter how much I scrubbed my hands they turned orange! Get their Tan Icon instead!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Um... Am I missing something here with this product?! I purchased the Cabana Tan Extreme Lotion as I wanted the darkest one. I have a light medium Caucasian complexion. I've been a avid user of Sun Labs lotion (which is great), but I heard such great things about this million dollar tan lotion and saw such rave reviews about it on YouTube, I had to get my hands on it and give it a try. A self tan lotion with no smell? No color guard? Safe to wear out in public with no detection? Won't stain clothes or sheets? Applies and looks like regular lotion? Paraben and chemical free? ...Develops in 6-8 hours or 12 hours max for bronzed brown beautiful color? STOP RIGHT THERE... There's the problem. This stuff seemed to good to be true, because it is to good to be true. This so called "Extreme" lotion doesn't give off any more color than a gradual self tanner. I could prob get more color from a Jergens gradual glow bottle. I am very disappointed about this being that I purchased a two 8oz set for $70 from their site and that it didn't deliver the results I was falsely advertised it would. It can't just be my skin tone, as my skin tone is pretty much the same as all the gurus youtubers that raved about it. All the beauty gurus have deals with Million Dollar Tan and are supposed to commercialize their products like that, that's why there's always a "discount code" from them and why we are told "this is the way product I've ever used" or the "only thing I use"! Well it's all a marketing scam. If your a girl with a bit of a pale complexion just simply looking for a product to give you a great sun kissed tan overnight in the comfort of your home... your going to need to get a different product. Unfortunately as I said before, this doesn't deliver any more results than a gradual self tanner from cvs. And I got the so called "darkest formula". I'd hate to see how much color pay off the regular cabana tan lotion offers. If i am spending this kind of money on a self tan lotion, i want to look like i just came from the beach. i guess ill be going back to my SunLabs dark sunsation lotion. Now thats a lotion that will make you brown! Sorry Million Dollar Tan, I really wanted to love you, but I can't.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I live in Florida, so want to LOOK tan, but avoid all that harm and aging that the sun gives me. This stuff is wonderful! It really is a bronzed, tan color and no orange. It lasts for days and doesn't rub off on sheets, clothing, etc. This is it for me, no more experimentation! It is not cheap, but I am going to look around on the internet and see if I can do better. ;-)

on 7/10/2013 12:33:00 AM

I haven't left a review in a million years but I had to for this st. I HATE the smell of self tanners and I'm pretty pale but have sworn off tanning beds and laying out just takes too long. Thought I was gonna be stuck being pasty. I ordered this and the extreme spray (which I haven't tried yet) and I love this stuff. At least 3 people have told me I look tan. And the best part is you can seriously put it on after a shower in the am and be normal all day with no smell!! It dries super fast and the tan looks really good. Customer service/shipping was awesome and fast. I got it in 2 days with the regular shipping. I've already ordered the bigger bottle. I guess the only cons I can think of is maybe price? At least compared to ds tanners. And you really have to rub it in well, but that just kinda makes sure your getting it on evenly. Also, I went with the extreme and I'm pretty fair, I think it looks good and def not too tan or orange at all. Has lasted about a week for me. Takes at least 6- 8 hours to develop, and I think the manufacturer said it maxes out at 12hrs? It does seem to get darker the longer you leave it. There's always coupons for 20% off on YouTube and Instagram too.

I typically get airbrushed by someone and use a home self-tanner in-between. IMO, this is better than the St. Tropez mousse, Lancome, Clarins or any other self-tanner out there right now. It's not as expensive if you get a good deal on Hautelook, but at full price it's about the same as St. Tropez. I got the 'Extreme' lotion, which is a little laborious to work in, but it ends up looking natural, even toned and with no terrible hand/feet mistakes (be careful around the wrists since you wash your hands/palms and can end up washing too far up). I loved how easy it was to get a nice result and I highly recommend trying it if you are an experienced self-tanner. I will repurchase for sure!

on 5/28/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I decided to start using self tanners again this summer after not having used them for several years. I was an avid STer before and had tried out soooo many different kinds, but I decided I wanted to try something I hadn't used before. When I saw some videos of one of my favorite youtube gurus, melphs, raving about this one, I thought I'd give it a go. (I'm in no way affiliated with her or her blog.) I first tried the original formula (she uses Extreme) and thought it was really nice, but it really is very light. I started out extremely fair (MAC NC10-15, NARS Gobi) and I had to apply two nights in a row to achieve a nice light tan. I was so impressed with the product and it's lasting power though that I decided I'd give it another try and order the Extreme version. I only want to have to apply once a week, and I want that one application to give me a light/medium tan. Dark tans are great but can be so much harder to maintain than lighter ones!

This one, like the original version, is a white/clear lotion, is organically made, fragrance-free (totally unscented), and paraben-free. I really love that because heavily fragranced lotions can irritate my skin and the sickly sweet smell of most sunless tanners really bothers me, and as someone who has had many family members get cancer (including both parents), parabens are definitely something I think about and try to avoid. I also love that it's a clear lotion because it won't stain my sheets! I noticed that this one was a little thicker than the original version and took a bit more time to completely blend in. It wasn't TOO long though; I do my tanning before bed and I do NOT want to have to spend a lot of time on it, and I definitely didn't feel this took too long. The great thing about this lotion is that even though it's white, it STAYS white until you've got it all blended in. So in a sense, it's basically a temporary white color guide! It really helps apply the product evenly. Another great thing is that this lotion dries VERY quickly. I always start with my legs, and by the time I finish my upper body my legs are completely dry. I only have to wait about 5 more minutes for my upper body to dry, and I'm done. I can put my pajamas on and feel nice and dry! With the Extreme version, full developing time for me is more like 12-24 hours but I definitely have a very nice tan going right when I wake up in the morning. DHA developing smell is VERY minimal compared to other sunless tanners I've used and it all goes away after I shower in the morning.

Also, just like the original version, this tan lasts a full week on me! (And that's with shaving my legs every other day!) And when it begins to fade, it fades SO evenly and naturally, just like a real tan. Absolutely no streaks, blotches, or lizard skin. It's amazing. While it's still a bit lighter than I would expect an "Extreme" sunless tanner to be, it's just right for me. I can apply it just one night of the week and have the tan I want for the rest of that week. My natural skin tone is very fair, but with warm golden/slightly olive undertones. So when I get a "real" tan, I naturally turn very deep golden/brown/olive. When I get super dark I get so golden that I almost look a bit orange. So sunless tanners usually give me a more brown tan, which is nice. This one definitely gives me a nice golden/brown/bronzey glowy tan.

The only slightly negative thing I've found about this product is that it doesn't work very well on my face. For whatever reason it just doesn't give me very much color there and it makes me a little itchy, but it didn't cause any breakouts. I also have a bottle of Bare Escentuals Faux Tan and that one works much better on my face. I think I'm going to buy the MDT Face Extreme and give that a try. Apparently it contains more DHA and skin-friendly ingredients so that might work better for me.

I've ordered their Tan Icon Extreme Dark Sunless Tanning Spray and am super excited to try that out, too. I really love this line of sunless tanners and can see myself continuing to use them for a long, long time! (I would just like to add that I exfoliate and also use body lotion on my feet, ankles, knees, elbows, around my under arms, and my hands prior to tanning. I use a loofah with bodywash everyday in the shower and always make sure to keep my skin moisturized thoughout the week. I apply with latex or vinyl gloves to avoid staining my palms.)