Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.2

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 12/15/2015 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this in Diffused Light!... it gives your skin such a subtle natural glow... I'm very pale and I got the Dim Light that everyone talks about in a palette, but it was way too orangey and dark.. it showed up patchy on my chin..... this is fantastic for all over, it looks so dewy. I use it lastly in my make up routine with a light feathery brush :-)

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ive had this powder since summertime and I really do like it as an undereye setting powder or dusted all over my face as a finishing powder, it gives a nice soft look. However I feel that the price for a simple yellow tinted powder really isn't worth it. Gives a nice blurring effect but it isn't miraculous to me.

So... This is my favorite of all the ambient lighting powders. For reference, I am Filipina with medium skin tone. I am 3W1 (Tawny) in Estée Lauder Double wear and Cut as a bunny Honey in Benefit.

I also own the ambient trio (Radiant, Incandescent and Dim). I initially used the palette as finishing powder, highlighter and bronzer. However, the colors oxidized later during the day and my face looked much darker and shinier. Also, my face looked really aged in photos!

Anyway, back to Diffused Light. This is the perfect finishing powder because it is almost clear and does not impart shine. However, it still blurs out my imperfections and brightens my skin tone without changing the color of my foundation.

on 11/7/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ahhhh I'm a sucker for Hourglass ambients after trying the Dim Infusion blush which was just stunning. SO finely milled, velvety, and luminescent, this powder just gives my skin such a natural finish. I'm mega pale so I actually use this almost like a finishing or setting powder - it really does seem to just blur out imperfections and gives such a stunning natural look - no glitter, no shine. My skin is super dry and I've been pleased that this does not come off chalky on my skin, nor do I look oily as the day goes on, however I have noticed that I need to apply strategically on particularly humid days as it can come off just a little too "glowy" in those circumstances.

As I said in my review for Dim Infusion, I do have a couple of (purely aesthetic) qualms:
Packaging - I'm not wild about it. It looks sleek, the clasp is secure, but it's plastic and (to me) it feels a bit light and cheap... I'd expect the packaging to somewhat reflect the price, and I don't feel like it does. Also, I don't like how the powder is deeply recessed into the pan - I feel like when I get close to finishing it off it's going to be a pain to use...
Price wise, it's not cheap, but not extortionate when you consider that you don't actually need to use much at a time - I can see this lasting me quite a while even with daily use. Overall I absolutely love this powder though, and will definitely repurchase!

on 11/5/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Finally, a pressed powder that actually makes older skin glowy. The shade is a pale yellow neutral, but you won't look like a taxi cab. The glowy part is really nice, with no sparkles or glitter. This sets makeup and is buildable. You don't look dry, chalky, or cakey. The texture is light and gossamer. It doesn't feel sandy or gritty. The factor that steps this up to HG? The glow lasts and lasts. Ten hours later I still look luminous.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a truly lovely powder. It imparts a subtle glow and I found it buildable without being cakey. No glitter chunks here, just a slight pearly shimmer that looks natural and pretty. The powder is very fine and velvety, and a little goes a long way. Under strong direct light or sun, I can see the shimmer particles, though they are very small and not at all apt to make me look like I've escaped the set of an 80's music video.

The light yellow shade is perfect for my very pale, warm-toned skin, and it looks warm without being too golden or ghostly. I can't see even a hint of pink or orange in this powder, and the dewy look it gives isn't chalky or even particularly powdery looking.

My sensitive skin doesn't have any complaints about this product after several weeks of almost-daily use. It's too sheer to provide any real color correction, but I do find that it provides an extra little boost toward neutralizing my rosacea redness, which is always a good thing.

For me, the only drawback to this powder (other than the price, which makes it a beauty splurge) is that it can end up making even the oilier areas of my combo skin look dry if I'm layering it for extra glow. The line between giving myself a youthful dewiness or looking fragile and aged beyond my years is a very fine one ideed with this product, so I'm limited to using a light hand when applying. Since it has such a hefty price tag, that's probably a good thing.

I love how glowy Diffused Light makes my skin. It really does give a diffused soft-focus finish, like you're sitting under fairy lights that have been swathed in tulle, exactly as it promises. Who doesn't like kept promises? I bought mine over a month ago and I've hardly made a dent in it despite using it most days for finishing and touchups, so that's a plus.

I'm happy to say that this product has earned a permanent spot in my makeup kit, I'll definitely purchase this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is like magic. It perfectly blurs and reflects light the way a powder should. A little goes a long way. Too much and it runs the risk of chalky. But the texture when applied in small does is gorgeous. It reflects light without obvious glitter-bomb. The color is slightly off yellow, making it suitable for a range of fair/light skinned people. It really is lovely.

on 9/17/2015 12:17:00 PM

Absolutely in love. Am planning to stock up on heaps of it in case they ever discontinue this glorious powder.

I usually use this powder with Rimmel's Match Perfection and thought the result was great, but I just purchased NARS Sheer Glow and WOWZER - my skin looks flawless with Ambient Lighting on top the Sheer Glow! So, so impressed.

My face does look a bit cakey though (this didn't happen with the Match Perfection) but I just ordered Fix+ online today, so hopefully this will get rid of the cakey look.

I don't use a primer as I find my foundation doesn't apply/stay as well - so I just moisturise my face, apply my foundation & concealer, then using a small Real Techniques brush I press this powder under and around my eyes, then with a bigger Real Techniques brush I press the powder into the rest of my face. Takes any shine or dewiness completely off, but my face doesn't look too matte - ugh! I just love it.

Ambient Lighting is pretty expensive (I think I paid $70 in Australia), but you do get a lot of product and it is worth it for the result it gives. I want to try all the other powders in the range!

LOVE LOVE LOVE - highly recommended!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Tried this to see what the buzz was about. Buffed on with a brush over foundation, this gives me a very light pearly finish to my skin. I prefer not to do my t zone, but over the cheeks it's very pretty. I think it puts back what time took away!
10/26/16 still loving this although I think guerlain meteorites is brighter.

the hype got me! diffused is a very useful ambient lighting powder. im nc 20 after much reading i decided to buy it as an all over finishing powder(so that i get the most use for the price) and i love it! it is finely milled at first i couldnt see a difference but after a couple of uses i do see the difference- a more diffused, blurred imperfections. it is very subtle but i do see a GLOW.
if u are around nc 20-25 try this out for a few days if u dont see a differnce just return it