Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

This is my all time favourite cleanser. I've spent the last six months trying out Estee Lauder's cleanser and I've started to get spots - at 36!!! Not sexy. I've tried all kinds of elimination as to what could be causing it - and narrowed it down to my new(ish) cleanser. So i went back to my Cleanse and Polish and within 2 weeks my skin was so grateful, the spots were almost gone and I was back to 'normal'. Cleanse and Polish just works for my skin and has done so for the past 8 years or so. I have combination skin and it's never too heavy with the cocoa butter. I can't say my skin would be the same if it was really greasy and can understand the reviews saying it doesn't work for them, but it just works for me. It loves the dry patches and doesn't make the oily patches worse. My skin feels totally cleansed after using the muslin cloth and I can use just a light moisturiser. And it's the ONLY cleanser on the planet that doesn't sting my eyes (and v good at removing waterproof mascara). Girls with sensitive or stingy eyes who loves their eye make-up should give this a try. Oh Cleanse and Polish how I've missed you!

on 3/30/2012 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I live in the UK and have been using the C&P for years. It is the best cleansing product I have ever used. It really takes off all my makeup thoroughly although as I use waterproof mascara I use a separate eye makeup remover, only because I don't like the cloths getting so dirty. Otherwise the cleanser also removes all waterproof mascara.

on 3/13/2012 1:24:00 PM

I love this so much, my skin has really improved in the last few months. For a few days I tried using other products and broke out instantly. If I use this twice a day with the cloth my skin is glowing and healthy again. I no longer suffer from acne. I use this in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide from the acne.org range, the Liz Earle toner and jojoba oil. I've never looked better and I'm convinced this cleanser has made all the difference.
It is lovely and creamy and smells like eucalyptus. I smooth on a blob and wash it off with a muslin. If I have a lot of makeup on I need to use the toner as well as it won't get everything off. I still need a separate eye makeup remover but I don't mind.
The price is not bad, about 23 I think for a large 200ml tube which lasts about 2 months. Even if it was twice as much I would probably buy it as I don't think I could do without it now!
If you order directly from them you get mini sizes as free samples too.
I'm so happy I tried this!

I cannot go outside without this cleanser. I've been using it on and off for the past 10 years and I always come back to it and regret trying other things. It balances my skin (I'm prone to acne), makes my face feel clean and is very soothing if I get sore breakouts. This also stops dry patches appearing and gives a nice gentle exfoliation each day. I always use heavy waterproof liquid eyeliner and waterproof mascara and it has no problem in tackling this with no extra rubbing needed to remove it. Well worth the investment as it is a little pricey though does last a long time.

I've been using this product for two months now so I feel just about qualified to write a full review on it!

Personally, I'm really impressed by this cleanser. Here's why;

It's excellent for those who like to cleanse thoroughly but gently, so the skin remains balanced and not 'stripped'. I also really like the polish idea. The muslin cloth is perfect for exfoliating regularly but again, very gently - which in my opinion is the by far the best way to exfoliate if you've got oily skin. The harsher the 'scrub', the more oil your skin produces to make up for it. Same thing goes for excessively dry skin. It also removes makeup extremely well. Even double wear foundation!

For me, it's the perfect cleanser for winter, as my skin is normally more oily in the summer, but with all the heating in the winter it can get dry and flaky - making any foundation I put on look like a caked-on mess!

The down side is I'm not sure it would be quite so wonderful for anyone that suffers with excessively oily skin or active acne - because a number of the main ingredients (coco butter for example) are a bit heavy. If this helps anyone, when my skin was excessively oily and acne-prone I used Avene extremely gentle cleanser (which I still really like). It's similar, but without all the excess oils. Hope this is helpful to someone!

This product changed my skin. It looks the best is has looked in years. The Shea butter is moisturizing, and the product itself smells great. It is everything I could ask for in a cleanser, and it is great for removing makeup and dirt after a long day. I cant find enough good things to say about this. It seems to work for all ages and skin types as well, because I am 18 with dry skin, and my grandma is 74 with oily skin, and we both use this and love it!! :)

on 1/6/2012 11:49:00 AM

Absolutley delighted with this cleanser. I got it as a generous sized free gift when I ordered the new Sheer Tint from Liz Earle's website. I have only used it a few times so far, but my skin looks absolutely amazing! I am lucky to have pretty clear skin anyway, but when I have used this I look like I have foundation on, my skin looks perfect! I am definatley buying the full size product when the sample has ran out. Highly reccomended.

on 12/27/2011 10:42:00 AM

I've been using the Liz Earle range for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely love it! Previously I had been using the Clinique skincare, which did really bad things for my skin. I was always breaking out and getting dry/flaky patches. With this though my skin has improved so much! I still get the occasional spots (few and far between) but my face never feels irritated after I use it. I'm in love with the smell of their products aswell, it's so relaxing and pampering! Along with the muslin cloth, which does a good job of taking the product off and gently exfoliates making my skin silky smooth and glowy. I would definitely recommend trying this out. Oh I also love that they give you complimentary gifts with your orders! Such a treat <3

Love, love, love this. Nothing comes close. Skin is in best condition ever. Definitely HG status!

on 11/17/2011 12:36:00 AM

hands down best cleanser i've used.
used morning and night
cleared some of my acne scarring up lovely and prevented any breakouts.
didn't last me as long as i'd hoped, about 2 months-10 weeks.
will DEFINITELY repurchase though