Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

Not tested on animals

on 11/22/2013 3:33:00 PM

This is the only product I have used that actually brightens and cleanses my skin. I am prone to break outs, but this keeps my skin under control. It's really gentle and leaves my skin feeling really soft. I try to use it twice a day, morning and night, as directed- it really does give the best results. I tend to put it on and then brush my teeth before taking it off, just giving it a few minutes to soak in. It smells really nice and I recommend using it with the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic and the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser.

I absolutely love this stuff!!! I'm quite surprised it only has a rating of 3.8.

I have used this for two years now and am completely addicted to it. When I use this my skin is left feeling clean, fresh and soft (down to the chamomile and cocoa butter I suspect). This is a cream which has a thick, luxurious texture and is applied to dry skin. It's very gentle and contains nothing harsh e.g. alcohol or sulfates (hence it doesn't lather). For such a soft cleanser this does a very good job of removing makeup, even heavy. However, I tend to remove makeup with wipes prior to using this to get the full cleansing benefits (FYI my skin type is combo).

I love using the muslin cloths with my cleanse and polish but I've recently started using it with my clarisonic. I massage it well into dry skin, wet my clarisonic a little so it glides more easily and then cleanse away! Finally I rinse what's left off my face and follow with my Instant Boost Tonic which is also super. Quick tip!!! When washing your cloths avoid using fabric softener which makes them too soft. This keeps them nice and firm which works better to exfoliate the skin.

I definitely prefer the 200ml tube over the 100ml airless pump. When the tube appears empty I cut the top open to reveal another 3 days supply which is why I think the pump is wasteful.

For those who feel their skin is not clean, perhaps they are not rinsing the muslin cloths well enough, therefore just smearing the cleanser around their face instead of removing it altogether.

Overall, I highly recommend this cleanser, you should give it go!

Love this cleanser. Great for taking off eye makeup at the same time at facial - before I would end up removing eye makeup first but no need with this cleanser. I do wonder whether part of its success is the muslin cloth though. I'm going to try less expensive cleansers with a muslin cloth and see if they work any better. Overall though - great product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited to try this product after my friend and a fellow make-up fanatic found that this worked wonders for her.
Personally, I'm finding it doesn't actually do anything to my skin.

I wanted to give this cleanser a fair review and seeing as the bottle is almost empty now, I reckon I've given it a fair shot!
When I first starting using this product, it brought my face out in a horrible rash. My cheeks were covered in loads and loads of red bumps and it looked awful! I put it down to the muslin cloth as my skin is quite sensitive and I think the circular motion of the cloth may have irritated my skin. So, I kept using the cleanser but was a lot more gentle with it. On a positive note, I do like how good it is at getting off make-up, you feel clean afterwards but not necessarily polished.

I now use this just for taking make-up off and I use a different cleanser in the morning. I am not seeing the hype of this product or even any worthwhile good effects that would make me repurchase.

I have given it 2 lippies because I like it as a make-up remover and it smells nice. Won't repurchase.

EDIT: Forgot to add, this has also left me with 3 facial cysts that I've never had before and they won't go!

Nice cleanser, gentle, hydrating but difficult to get outside the uk.
Skin looks amazing after using it!
Need to wash the cloth offten to maintain hygene.

I purchased C+P after reading about it on some makeup blogs. I was so excited to try it after all the great reviews I've read and I am so happy I did! I've been using it for about a month now - my skin feels so smooth. Like many of you have said, I also look forward to washing my makeup off ... never thought I'd say that! Something about the soothing smell and the cool creaminess on your face?! It is bliss to gently exfoliate with a hot muslin cloth! Sounds crazy but you gotta try it! I also use toner afterwards (I put my favorite toner in a spray bottle & spritz a few times over my face) and it's just the perfect regime for me. Try it!

I got this and the toner because of the good reviews on the internet..but first time when i used it...i woke up with lots of spots..and then i decided to give it a go for more days..i used it for a week and left my face imflamed and sore..so many spots..and LOTS OF CLOGGED UP PORES!yeah,is nice after u wipe wth the hot cloth on..skin feels clean..but then is like..feels so greasy afterwards and clogged up.i really wanted to work out for me.ill never buy anything from this brand..the toner is not good either.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This has become my HG cleanser - been using it since Christmas 2010. I have dry/sensitive skin but no real problems, I just sometimes suffr a break-out if I use a product my skin doesn't like. I was given a gift set with this, the exfoliator and the Skin Repair moisturiser and I haven't looked back! Prior to that I was using Soap & Glory Deep Pore cleanser and whilst that is also a decent cleanser (I still keep a tube of it for a back-up), Liz Earle just blows it - and every other cleanser I've tried - out of the water! My skin feels lovely and soft after using it, like I don't even need to moisturise (although I still do), and I rarely suffer dry patches or break-outs. In fact, I don't think I've even had a break-out since using it! There is no feeling of dryness at all and the combination of this with the moisturiser has helped me to achieve near-perfect skin. I will continue to use this cleanser, it's not hugely expensive and the pump dispenser (as opposed to the tube) is brilliant at dispensing just the right amount that you need. The only downside is that I have to order from the website when I'm running out instead of nipping out to the shops!

on 9/27/2011 11:04:00 AM

I really wanted to love this and join the rest of the Cleanse & Polish fans but unfortunately this cleanser irritated my sensitive skin and I just couldn't use it. It obviously works well for a lot of people and I've read many reviews from happy customers with sensitive skin but personally I found the eucalyptus oil overwhelming and tingly - an unnecessary effect in any skincare product, if you ask me. I would strongly recommend getting a sample before trying this.

on 9/26/2011 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really love this product.. my combination skin feels *fully* cleansed without being dried out or clogging pores and is left soft to the touch and actually radiant. I find lots of products claim to 'create radiance' but this is one of the only products I've found that truely does. The only downside is that is doesn't stop my breakouts, but I seem to get less spots and it definitely gets rid of the spots that do come out, much quicker than usual. Overall my skin is left in such a lovely condition (both in touch and appearance) it's definitely worth the money, despite the odd spots still being there.

Popular Face Skincare Products