Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 9/23/2010 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product has been raved about on youtube which is what intially peaked my interest. I was a little hesitant about buying it after the reviews I read were either the reviewer absolutely loved it or absolutely hated it. Personally I have become a convert and have had fantastic results. Just to compare, I am a skincare fanatic and bought a Clarisonic in hopes of making my pores smaller and extra cleansed. If I had bought the Cleanse and Polish first I could have saved myself some money. Ever since I started using the Cleanse and Polish, I don't reach for my Clarisonic anymore. My skin is baby smooth after I use this cleanser and it feels clean, soft, and comfortable. If I use the Clarisonic daily, my skin gets flaky but with this product it feels nicely balanced. I have normal to dry skin and I have been looking for a two in one product where I can take off my makeup (especially my hard to remove mascara/eyeliner) while cleansing my skin so I don't have to do it in two steps anymore. In that vein, this product delivers. I also really enjoy the ritual of massaging the cream onto my face and "polishing" the cream off with the hot cloth, it feels very therapeutic. For acne prone skin I would be a little wary as one of the main ingredients is cocoa butter but I haven't broken out so I can't speak to that directly. I wish I bought the large size as I'm worried about running out!

on 9/3/2010 9:00:00 PM

HG cleanser finally!!

Have used this before and then stopped. But after a terrible Neutrogena experience I have come back to the wise and wonderful ways of Liz Earle.

Only two gripes are:
1 - Is there not a way to change the packaging to let users know when we need to buy more.
2 - Why can't more places stock this??!?!

on 8/2/2010 10:03:00 AM

This is my HG cleanser - the smell is beautiful, I think the performance matches the Eve Lom cleanser (the smell of which I could never get past) and I always get complements on my skintone since I have started using this. I'd recommend this to anyone and have bought as Christmas presents for both my sisters, mum and my cousin - they've all been converted! I would just note on the packaging (for which I deducted one lippie) that the pump is much better than the tube, yet there is still no 200ml pump dispenser. With the large tube you get some excess dried up around the nossle (regardless of how careful I am), while the pump keeps the product airtight and is much cleaner to use / easier to dispense the right amount.

Unfortunatly even though this made me face alot brighter and softer it just made my acne worse.

Excellent product. My skin is deeply cleansed and soft after using it. It removes makeups and even mascaras easily. I like the smell of it as well.

The pump is easy to use and good for travel. The only downside is the price. I will try cold cream from Ponds and Boots own range after this one. They have very good reviews as well. If they don't work for me, I will come back to this one.

Anyway, no single product can satisfy all our needs and desires. Seeking here and there would not fill our desires either, if you are like me, addicted to Makeupalley. Hope you who is reading this review find the true happiness and peace in your life.

on 1/14/2010 6:32:00 PM

i think this is a great cleanser, get everything off and face is left incredibly clean and soft. the only down side is i like to wash my face while i shower. with this i don't like using it before i shower and it involves putting a product onto a cold face and therefore in my head, pores aren't open enough for them to be cleaned properly. therefore i use it after i shower and my face is all hot. don't know what you guys think, just makes my routine more of a hassle, but i suppose the end result is pretty good!!

on 1/6/2010 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Love it! Love it! Love it!

My skin feels so smooth and clean after using this product and it manages to get all my eye makeup off too. You take off the cleanser using a damp pure muslin cloth (included) which acts like a gentle exfoliator. In the past I've tried to switch to other products being that her products can be a bit pricey but within weeks i find myself going back.

I use most of the products in her range and have been for several years now and it's worked wonders on my skin :0)

on 11/24/2009 12:07:00 PM

I've used up countless bottles of this cleanser. It is cheaper than EVE LOM and still has the same effective performance when it comes to cleansing and make up removing. I LOVE IT!! Plus, Liz Earle products are natural based so no chemicals at all which I really like!!

After cleansing with it I feel very refreshed. I am not sure if it's cuz of the cleanser or the use of hot muslin cloth. Feels like a mini spa at home every night.

on 11/12/2009 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely lovely, it smells wonderful and most of all, it does the job (and I wear quite alot of make up).

this review is premature:

i just got this this week and have only used it twice but so far... i love it.
i like that it takes off all my makeup and SS (LRP spf 60) with minimal effort. i don't usually get home til late and often i am too tired to go thru a doubly cleansing with a cleansing oil and then having to wait for my HG md forte II to sit on my face (it works best when you can leave it on for a few minutes), washing it off with my clarisonic and then going thru with my regular routine of eye cream, face serum, face cream, retin-A and eyelash conditioner and then latisse. so this is much easier- you just put it on, let it melt off all the gunk and wipe off with a hot muslin cloth.
the only thing is- i used to break out a lot but not so much now. i only hope that this doesn't break me out because i really do like it so far.