Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have a friend who raves about this product so I decided to give it a go.
Unfortunately this did not agree with me at all and my face ended up red raw and I had to stop using and go back to my Decleor for sensitive range. I dont use heavy eye make up but I didnt find it any good at removing.

WOW!! I honestly love this product! To be honest, when I buy highly rated products I usually end up being dissappointed. I have good skin naturally but saying that I love to wear makeup. I've never had any problems with keeping my skin nice and clean.
But the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish shows how clean your skin can actually be!!
You apply the product dry and massage it on to the skin (even suitable for eyelids!!) Then you wet the muslin cloth with hot water and wipe away all the product off your face, including mascara. IT TAKES OFF EVERY SPEC OFF MAKEUP!!!
My skin has never looked and felt sooo clean! It's a little pricey (approx. £13), but its a product that I would definatley purchase again. 10/10!

on 3/12/2011 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I use one pump morning and one pump in the evening. If I have makeup on, I remove that before I use this. I massage it on dry skin. This feels really refreshing and soothing on the skin. I feel my skin becoming all relaxed and it calms my acne prone skin. Also I love the smell. After massaging on skin for about 30 seconds or so. I rinse the muslin cloth under hand hot water, wring it out and remover the cleanser with that using gentle circular motions. Then I finish off by splashing my face with tepid water to really get that clean refreshing feeling and then follow up with the Liz earle instant boost skin tonic which I also love...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I found out about Liz Earle on a beauty blog (http://www.beautyscribbler.com/ which is fantastic and I am not being paid to promote it). I had tried Clarisonic and the Shiseido brush, and both just destroyed my skin. I wanted to add a gentle exfoliating step to my daily routine but didn't want to add harsh exfoliators.

I bought the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and muslin cloth. The cleanser is thicker than DHC oil but spreads easily. I use it at night about 4-5X a week. I use a pea-pearl size drop of cleanser, rub it thoroughly on dry skin. I then soak a muslin cloth in hot water and apply it to my skin for a few minutes to get get the steaming effect. I then massage my skin with the muslin cloth twice and then rinse.

I have used it for three weeks, and my very sensitive and acne-prone skin is in love. I look brighter and wide awake afterwards, and my skin feels very clean. The muslin cloth is very gentle and I don't apply a lot of pressure, just gentle circular motions.

This definitely removes all the dirt and grime from my face. If I am wearing make-up, I will remove it first with DHC cleansing oil and then use Liz Earle.

found my hg cleanser. it's so effective, yet so gentle...more so than my clarisonic mia. it really deep cleanses, the muslin cloth that comes w/ the cleanser work so well in exfoliating my skin. i go through this cleanser a lot faster than any other cleanser because you need about 3 times more than a cleanser that you work w/ water. this cleanser is massaged into dry face. i see no trace of makeup or dirt when i go over my face w/ a toner on cotton pad after i cleanse w/ this. it's such a nice, clean refreshing feeling! i love it.
the only negative experience i have in using this product is dealing w/ shipping. i order it from liz earle website and it takes super long...like 3 4 weeks long. my previous order came incomplete. only partial order arrived and they don't have ways to track it...not good!

Hands down, one of the best cleansers of all time! A true HG product! The product is great for removing a full face of makeup without making your skin feel tight and dry afterwards (compared to face wipes). The muslin cloth allows for gentle exfoliation and never irritates the skin (I have dry-combination skin). Also, all traces of mascara, eyeliner and foundation are removed so you don't have to worry about panda eyes in the morning or streaks on the pillowcase. The hot cloth and cleanser allows your pores to open to help remove dirt from BELOW the top layer, which some other cleansers claim to do but don't. So you can rest assure that your skin is completely clean at night. The smell is mild and very nice - not too overpowering. The consistency is thick and easy to smoothe around the face. Reasonably priced at £13 for the Starter Kit (100ml tube w/ two cloths) and I will ALWAYS repurchase this product

on 11/28/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

LOVE this cleanser, creamy and hydrating! No harsh feeling or dryness after use, smells divine! My only beef is the price tag! Why oh why Liz are all of your products so expensive! Thank goodness for QVC easy pay! I am about to try Soap and Glory's Fab Pore hot cloth cleanser which is supposed to be just as good and i've heard a little more hydrating!!?? Only £9.99 at boots!!! Whereas C&P is around £13-£15 depending where you get it! CREAM CLEANSERS ARE A MUST FOR WINTER!!! try it!! x

on 11/14/2010 5:45:00 PM

I like this cleanser very much and have used it for some time. The polishing cloth is a very good idea as it helps exfoliate and if you wring it out in cold water you do not need to tone at the end of your cleansing routine. However, I took 1 lippie off as it is supposed to clean off eye makeup and I find the eucalyptus oil in it stings my eyes, so I have to use a seperate eye makeup remover. Also the pump action container stops working even though you know there is some cleanser left and you can't get at it. I understand though that this problem has been addressed and that it now comes in a tube as well. All in all though an excellent cleanser for oily/combination skin.

on 11/2/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG for cleansers. The Eve Lom version led to acne. This gets rid of all my makeup and the muslin cloth is fantastic for exfoliation. I tried other cleansers when I ran out and I immediately regretted it. There is no other cleanser in the world that make my face and neck feel so clean!

Overall, I'm pretty neutral about this product. My skin isn't terrible--it's usually clear, minus the odd week my hormones are all out of whack, and then I'm prone to minor breakouts. My skintone is a little uneven also. I was hoping to tone down the breakouts and hopefully even out my skintone a bit with this product.

First of all, it is a great cleanser, and it made washing my face a rather pleasant experience. I went through a few bottles/cans of this stuff and didn't really notice any improvement though. At the most, it didn't irritate my skin. But it didn't really do anything else either. So while it is enjoyable to use, I've since moved on.

Popular Face Skincare Products