Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 6/19/2011 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally very happy with this cleanser. During the first few days it did break me out a little in areas I had never broken out before, but that quickly went away, leaving my skin incredibly smooth, like glass; supple, cool and pore-less. The wondrous property of this product lies in this very fact: How long do these effects normally last? Not very long. Soon after cleansing, dry-skinned people need to moisturize or the complexion starts to feel tight, and oily women's skin starts producing oil again. As I fit in the first category, I can only vouch for this: My skin felt comfortable, without any dryness, forever. And by "forever" I mean a whole 48 hours without any moisturizer or other hydrating creams on (i.e. sunscreen), so it basically remained like this the entire time until the next wash, which in this case was long overdue. I was so very surprised by this fact, but moreover, this has been going on for months now. Meaning, my skin has never felt dry or tight or flaky again. It just seems comfortable, smooth and "independent" of outter factors for its happiness. This is unbelievable. I've tried so much in the past to make my skin feel a little better without constant care, and a cleanser is what finally did it. I bought my usual "loaded" moisturizer a while ago, and I haven't had to open it yet. Instead, I got my hands on a few moisturizer samples for normal/oily skin, and they fit me just fine. My skin is still far from oily, but since the light gels I tried were hydrating enough for the first time ever, that must mean it's turned at least pretty normal. This is a big relief and a wonderful, unexpected bonus from this new purchase. The muslin cloths that come with it deliver just the right amount of roughness and allow you to gently polish your skin every day, so you don't have to rub on harsh exfoliants anymore. At least that's how it's worked for me. I tossed all my abrasive, grainy pastes, and replaced them with this. Overall, nice packaging, very annoying scent. 4 lippies instead of 5 because I still get blemishes like I used to before I got into this one - I expected it to keep them somewhat at bay, and it hasn't, but maybe that's too much of me to ask. So yes, very satisfied with it indeed. Highly recommended.
UPDATE: This winter, as opposed to last year, my skin does feel slightly drier again, probably because it's gotten used to this product now. But to make up for that, this cleanser has now cleared up all my mild acne - it is remarkable how I wake up every morning after I've cleansed with this the previous evening; it just seems like my skin takes huge leaps of recovery each night thanks to this. Let's hope it doesn't get used to that effect too! 5 lippies, wholeheartedly. Will keep purchasing.

on 5/30/2011 7:13:00 AM

I have combination/oily skin and have been trying this product for 1 week.

PROS (so far):
- Beautiful packaging - Looks expensive and pump is useful
- Great for taking off makeup

CONS (so far):
- Leaves a residue on my skin - that for dry/normal skin would be perfect as it feels moisturising, but I am personally uncomfortable with it
- Very inconvenient for those on the go! - It takes a little longer to wash my face with this is the morning and night. It feels like its an extra step. I find having to wash and air dry this regularly is also a pain!
- I have developed a few red spots on my face.

I will continue to use this for a while longer and update this review soon.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am a skincare junkie- i love trying all the new skincare products as i am on the quest to get "flawless skin!" so i decided to try this as i have been hearing so many raves about it- i have only used it about 5 times so far but i LOVE IT, its like a mini facial- the cream is so smooth and just glides on and smells really fresh and clean (i hate major perfumed skin products) after using the Muslin cloth- your skin feels soft and looks brighter. My skin has cleared up alittle and i am sure it will continue to do so after much more regular usage.

Overall, i love this product and i most definatley WILL repurchase !

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Would I buy this product again.... YES! YES! And YES!! Boy o boy did this knock my socks off! I had been using cold cream to cleanse my face and started looking around for a more natural alternative and came across the infamous liz earle cleanse and polish. After reading rave reviews, decide to try it out. Ordered it, received it about 2 weeks later( live in the united states) and ripped open my package like a mad woman with sheer delight! Everything was packaged so perfect and beautifully. You can tell someone took time to make sure I received it in one peace( air mail) and I was NOT disappointed. I went in to this assuming it was like cold cream and boy was I wrong, this just melted off my waterproof mascara, effortlessly, where as the cold cream took some time to "soak" and sink in to remove and was a big mess when it came to waterproof mascara, and would burn if I got it into my eyes. The liz earle dose not! I have also noticed a difference in my skin tone, texture, and clarity. I LOVE this stuff!!!!

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Due to all the hype around this product I really really wanted to like it but this has to be one of the worst cleansers I have ever used!
Initially it made my skin oily and greasier than usual but I was prepared to put up with that due to the price I paid for this product. However within a month I started to develop several large CYSTIC pimples (that refused to go away) which I had NEVER had in my life until now. I changed my diet, started taking anti acne pills and stopped using other skincare products to see if that would help but nothing worked until one week when I ran out of clean muslin cloths and out of sheer laziness decided to try a sample of another cleanser to clean my face. This trial lasted 3 weeks and all the cystic pimples/black and whiteheads have gone which can only mean that just like some other people, Liz Earle made me breakout terribly!!! It actually hurts me to say this because their customer service is just excellent and their packaging is superb however I will NEVER purchase this cleanser again!

on 5/19/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Now i said "no" to buying this cleanser again and I have been having a love/hate relationship with it for years! I have bought it a few times and it does last super long.

Does it remover your make up? Hell yes it does! Its non irritating and smells lovely and still is a natural product. What I do dislike it the fact when you rub it into your skin is adsorbs so you can't really massage your make up off . But it is a wonder on eyeliner and mascara and foundation.

But why is it a love/hate relationship? Well where as it is a miracle for your make up, its not so much for a problem skin. I was using it for like a year and i realised my skin is clean but its not clear. So why am I paying £20 odd for a make up remover only? So at the moment im using olive oil as a make up remover (check my review :) ) and liz earle as face wash/general cleanser - well its going ok but not great my skin is kind of radiant but still not super clear.

So alas the hunt continues! But where to turn I don't know as there is a product I haven't tried : (

on 5/18/2011 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

So after being sucked into all the hype about Liz Earle products I decided to give this a go. At first I initially liked it, it removed my makeup nicely and didn't leave me with this "tight" feeling on my face. I use the muslin cloth quite gently on my face, and granted it does leave my skin very soft and smooth.....but also in some areas quite red and a bit sore (and no i wasnt scrubbing the life out of my skin!). It didn't really do much for problematic areas of my skin either. Also, I didnt think constantly washing the muslin cloth would be a problem.....but after a while constantly washing the cloth really does begin to annoy you. Although, I'm not one to use a facial cloth when using cleansers so this is just a personal preference.

In summary, after using it for a month or so....it is now sitting in my bathroom drawer. Sadly, I bought this because it was being hyped up everywhere as this amazing product, however I think its ok at best nothing amazing and I definately won't be repurchasing.

on 5/13/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use cheap face wipes to remove my face make-up and add a bit of lancome cleanser ( a one i got in a free gift, think it is this ---Galatéis Douceur gentle softening cleansing fluid ).
I will never return to that form or make-up removing again.

After hearing so many youtube reviews on this I decided to buy the 100ml starter kit. It easily and gently removes every trace of make-up leaving my skin feeling cleansed and refreshed. The product smells lovely.
I will re-buy this forever.

on 5/9/2011 10:42:00 AM

there are just too many steps just to wash my face. first you need to massage the cream onto your skin, then you need to wipe it off with the cloth..and then you have to rinse your face again with warm water..then you need to dry your face..then you have to rinse the cloth..then every once in a while you need to wash the cloth to keep it clean..

its just too much for me. i'd rather use a simple one step cleanser.

however, i do like the texture and smell of this product.

on 4/7/2011 8:17:00 AM

I've been using this for a week now, and have a pimple under my eye, and one on the side of my nose bridge. I've never had spots in these areas ever, and this is the only new product I've been using in that time.

I have very dry/dehydrated skin which is on the sensitive side. Even going gently with the cloth, my skin is now tight after waking up, and the pores on my cheeks are bigger - it seems to have dried me up and given me pimples, so the worst of both worlds for me, I'm afraid.

Popular Face Skincare Products