Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 5/1/2012 4:39:00 PM

Ok. Let's start with the positives; I liked the pump packaging (clean, hygienic & easy to use), liked the smell, the skin feel & the natural ethic of the product.

The bad. It was incompatible with my skin type and clogged me up / broke me out due to its richness after about a month of use (despite being marketed at oily/spot prone skin). I carried on, gave it the benefit of the doubt, but no, just kept clogging. It was only then that I read the moisturising ingredients listed and realised why. Yes, they are lovely and nourishing but farrrrrr too much for skin that is sensitive & prone to congestion.

I kept the cloth part of the routine but just switched to a less creamy cleanser.

on 4/25/2012 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This has a lot of hype. But it just doesn't work for me. The past few times when I've used this, it's made me very red and blotchy. Attractive. Not. It smells nice, however and feels very gentle on the skin. I find using the muslin cloths a bit rough though. I can see how some people love this, but for me, it just doesn't make the cut I'm afraid. Not for me, Liz Earle.

on 3/30/2012 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I live in the UK and have been using the C&P for years. It is the best cleansing product I have ever used. It really takes off all my makeup thoroughly although as I use waterproof mascara I use a separate eye makeup remover, only because I don't like the cloths getting so dirty. Otherwise the cleanser also removes all waterproof mascara.

on 3/13/2012 1:24:00 PM

I love this so much, my skin has really improved in the last few months. For a few days I tried using other products and broke out instantly. If I use this twice a day with the cloth my skin is glowing and healthy again. I no longer suffer from acne. I use this in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide from the acne.org range, the Liz Earle toner and jojoba oil. I've never looked better and I'm convinced this cleanser has made all the difference.
It is lovely and creamy and smells like eucalyptus. I smooth on a blob and wash it off with a muslin. If I have a lot of makeup on I need to use the toner as well as it won't get everything off. I still need a separate eye makeup remover but I don't mind.
The price is not bad, about £23 I think for a large 200ml tube which lasts about 2 months. Even if it was twice as much I would probably buy it as I don't think I could do without it now!
If you order directly from them you get mini sizes as free samples too.
I'm so happy I tried this!

on 1/28/2012 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'd heard a lot of good reviews about this, people raving in how this is their HG cleanser so i just had to try and i was so so excited (also because many other famous cleansers had failed me: dermalogica, vichy normadem, skii, la roche posay...). But then i was completely disappointed. After cleansing and wiping with the hot cloth, my skin just felt... weird. Not smooth, not moisturized, just... feels like there's still some product left on my skin. It was not a good feeling.

Definitely not for me. After this disappointment, fortunately i finally found my HG cleanser which is Clarins gentle foaming with shea butter :X

on 12/14/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried this for about three weeks, and it broke me out horribly. Large cystic spots. I have slight rosacea, not sure if this was a factor.

on 11/17/2011 12:36:00 AM

hands down best cleanser i've used.
used morning and night
cleared some of my acne scarring up lovely and prevented any breakouts.
didn't last me as long as i'd hoped, about 2 months-10 weeks.
will DEFINITELY repurchase though

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For those with sensitive skin, beware. This product is not for people with rosacea, despite the claims on the website saying that this works even for sensitive skin as long as you don't use the muslin to scrub or hot water. I did not use either but still ended up with an instantaneous severe rosacea flare-up that lasted well into the next day. I should have known the second I smelled that familiar Noxema smell. I don't understand why they include eucalyptus oil knowing it's an irritant with no real benefits. And if they're going to include it, why would they say it's OK for people with sensitive skin? Ugh. Now I have to decide if I want to spend the money to mail it back to the U.K.

I watch a lot of UK beauty bloggers who always rave about this. It is a wonderful product that totally deserves the hype surrounding it. It's a lovely, creamy, thick consistency with a great herbal smell. This product is the cornerstone of my skincare and has really helped me to achieve a great luminosity and smoothness to my skin. I have no complaints whatsoever. I just wish that I could buy this locally instead of ordering from the UK.

I also totally appreciate and dig the ethos as well as social and environmental responsibility of the Liz Earle company. Hope they don't eventually get bought by a larger parent corporation as happened with Aveda.

this is def the best cleanser i have ever tried! its so gentle, u can even rub it over your eyes does not sting in the slightest, but it removes all traces of make up and leaves your skin feeling lovely, clean and soft!
the way it works is you rub it all over your face while the make up is still on, and over your eyes. then u use the cloth that comes with it, you wet the cloth and wipe it over your face repeating the process till all the make up is gone. the product has a lovely creamy consistency and the cloth gently exfoliates your skin without being too abrasive as some exfoliators can be. the cloths are high quality as well , u can use them time and time again and they even go in the washing machine without being ruined!
whereas other cleansers can be too oily and never seem to remove all my make up, and when i tone my skin afterwards, the cotton pad still has traces of make up on it, this product really removes everything, leaving you with soft, clean and healthy skin!

Popular Face Skincare Products