Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 12/10/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have oily acne prone skin that is now acting a bit differently than it used to due to the medications I have been prescribed by my dermatologist.
I now have to add peeling and sensitive to the equation. I cant use my normal cleansers because they are too harsh and make me peel like crazy, so I looked for a cleanser that would work without stripping my face and actually help take off my makeup.
While I like cetaphil (derm recc.) I only like it for my morning wash when I dont really have anything on my face already.
At night I have been using liz earle's 3 step process (hot cloth cleanser, instant boost toner, and light moisturizer) for the past month. I have to say I really like it! I take off my eye makeup first with a cotton pad and makeup remover (either bliss or bioderma) and then I use the three steps. My favorites are the cleanser and tonic, moisturizer is just ok.
They dont irritate my skin (which it seems almost everything does these days) and it cleans my skin without leaving me feeling stripped. Soft and supple! I would recc. keeping the muslin cloths clean, and I just throw them in the wash with my other towels every week, and they have turned out just fine. I will repurchase the cleanser and toner for sure.
This comes in a really nice pump bottle which love for hygienic reasons, and it smells primarily like eucalyptus and rosemary, although it is not an overwhelming smell to me (not like vicks vapo rub). It is a thick white cream that comes out, and I only use one pump all over my dry face, gently working in circles for about 30 seconds or so, while letting the water get warm for the muslin cloth. I really dont think it takes that long, and the results of smooth clean skin are worth it to me.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily skin, which was looking dull until I tried this product. I'm on my second week and love it. Very easy to use. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I do take my eye make up before using cleanse and polish. It removes my foundation amazingly! It smells amazing, if you like a more natural smelling product. The eucalyptus and rosemary really come through :)
I purchased the smallest tube just to try, I've just bought a full size pump bottle. I'm very happy!!

on 10/23/2012 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I used to love this cleanser when I was a teenager 15 years ago! It removed all my heavy eye makeup and kept my oil and spots under control my mum used to treat me to it every month but when I left home I couldn't afford to keep it going so went to high street brands. I recently saw this on qvc and it bought back so many good memories ( sounds like my Elizabeth Arden review lol) and yes this went downhill to! They've taken the almond milk out and added the evil pore clogging cocoa butter into It!!. The application of it felt more difficult to massage in and there was not much slippage to it like there used to be. The muslin cloth removal was nice as it was but it didn't remove my mascara like it used to it was very poor!. I could forgive that but after using 2 pump bottles I have a face full of spots and my skin is the greasiest it's ever been!. It's back to normal after reverting back to my usual products. Liz should not say this is suitable for everyone when she should no what cocoa butter can do to already congested skin. Was really disappointed.

on 10/14/2012 5:51:00 AM

I do like this cleanser a lot. But be forewarned, I don't use this as my primary cleanser. It's place in my beauty regimen is more of a makeup remover/pore-opener. Other makeup removers usually take too long to use, are too harsh, or are too oily for my skin. Using this hot cloth cleanser by Liz Earle is the perfect 1st cleanse before I go in with my Ren clay cleanser. Sounds a bit excessive, I know. But it's honestly done wonders for my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

I would love to use it as my primary cleanser, but my skin is just way too oily and too acne-prone to go with this alone. It's very gentle upon application and feels slightly luxurious while I'm massaging all the oil, dirt, and makeup away. It's even gentle enough to gently smooth over my eyes to remove eye makeup. Following it up with a muslin cloth under hot water (making the cloth WARM--NOT HOT) is a great approach to daily exfoliation. I'm already looking into other gentle cream cleansers (Pai, I've got my eyes on you!) since this has just made my skin very, very happy. No more forehead/nose/cheek/chin breakouts for me!

I can't recommend anything regarding this cleanser since everyone's skin is very, very different. I just hope that my experience helps some of you.

This is not a bad cleanser, but it's pretty much average. I surely cannot see what all the hype is about. It feels fresh upon application and a little while after you wipe it off, but it certainly does not remove 100% of makeup. I have not seen a noticeable change in my skin's glow or texture like others have reported. I have combination, acne prone skin and this cleanser does not clog my pores, which I find is very positive considering it is a creamy product, however, I do not feel it cleanses well enough and I have not seen the benefits that are attributed to it. Sadly underwhelmed.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I work for a large cosmetics company and it's my job to showcase my make up meaning I have to wear a lot of it. This means finding a cleanser that removes EVERYTHING quickly and leaves my skin looking clean and glowing is important to me. When I use this cleanser at night time, my skin STILL feels fresh in the morning, and I've never experienced this with any other cleanser. It's so quick and efficient to use - the hot cloth is relaxing and does a good job at lightly exfoliating my skin. The smell is divine and I love the natural ingredients. I've tried a lot of products and this is second to none. It's a beautiful product.

on 9/1/2012 5:32:00 PM

hot cloth cleanse and polish makes my skin break and left me with red patches and flaky skin for the first few weeks. However i dont want to waste my money so i decided to keep on using it but only during the night (i clean my face in the morning with clerasil in order to keep the acne at bay) and also I only use half a pump of the hot polish instead of full pump because i feel that a full pump is just too much cocoa butter for my oily acne prone skin. After 'customising' my beauty routine I can see the benefit of using this product. I like the idea that you use muslin cloth to clean your face. So if you have bought this product and experience the same problem as I have, try 'customising' it and see weather it works for you or not.

on 7/16/2012 4:48:00 PM

This product for me was a life-changer.
After all the rave reviews I was finally swayed to try C+P and I'm so glad I did. I'm not usually one to put in a lot of effort with makeup removal (I know, I know) but with this I've found myself looking forward to taking my makeup off at the end of the day.
My t-zone gets fairly oily, but C+P has helped to mattify my skin, as well as evening out skin tone and reducing pores.
I also love the muslin cloth, I feel my face constantly needs exfoliated due to nasty working environments etc so massaging with the muslin cloth lets me exfoliate without damaging my skin.
C+P is also safe to use in the eye area - I have fairly delicate eyes and usually can't handle product being near them, but with C+P I can smother my whole face and feel absolutely fine.
I use this in conjunction with with Liz Earle toner, and together they are my abolsute miracle workers.

My one tip for the C+P would be to make sure you splash your face with cold water after polishing, as it helps to remove the last traces of product, helps reduce pores and is really invigorating.

I love how it leaves my skin fealing clean and comfortable and not the slightest bit stripped. I ended up using the muslin cloth too vigorously the first time I used it, but once I figured out the right level of pressure, I've not had any problems with this.

I've been using this most evenings for the past few weeks, and my partner and I have both noticed an improvement in my skin. I don't know if it's the Cleanse and Polish or the Alpha-H Liquid Gold, but I'll definitely keep on using the combination for as long as it works!

on 5/2/2012 1:31:00 PM

I loved this when I first started using it but 2 months later I was left with redness, bumps and a broken capillary I now cannot get rid of. So many people rave about it but sadly it's not for me

Popular Face Skincare Products