Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 7/20/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I understand why this is so popular. It's the one cleanser I repeatedly come back to. Gentle, effective and a really lovely consistency. I didn't notice a difference in my skin when I started using it but when I stopped I found my skin was less balanced and more prone to the odd break out and dry patches. I use it at least once a day, sometimes choosing to oil cleanse at night or use an AHA cleanser in the mornings. Overall this is simply an absolute pleasure to use. The muslin cloths are also great, I do sometimes use a cotton wash cloth or micro fibre cloth but I think the Liz Earle cloths are pretty good and I usually stock up with a couple when I repurchase.

on 7/15/2013 12:38:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I didn't even used to wash my face - I hate the soaps that sting your eyes and dry out your skin. I dislike foam cleansers because it seems like the foaming is just a side-show to pretend the soap is cleaning your skin - like washing your face with bubble bath. yuck.

anyways, I tried the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and will never be without it (or another cream cleanser). It was weird to apply the cleanser to a dry face, but it works. Sometimes I just let it sit on my face for a minute or two to allow it to break down my makeup and soak in.

When I rinse it off (with a warm, wet washcloth or muslin cloth), I can literally see the makeup (and eye makeup - mascara too!) on the cloth - along with all the other yuckies your face picks up throughout the day.

After washing my face with the liz earle, my skin feels soft and soo clean. Not stripped of all it's oils and suppleness, but just clean and refreshed. I look forward to washing my face now that I have this product. Wonderful!

The pump is nice - I used one pump and just washed my face in the evening. I think next time I'll buy the tube (cost savings). One pump is about the size of a red grape or small olive.

This stuff is awsome! Altho hav only used it twice so far but it did a fab job at cleaning my face.
The smell reminds me of Airwaves gum (if ur from the UK u will know what i mean!) ...a very sweet mentholy.. kinda smell... like liqorice almost.
The texture was very diffrnt compared to what iv used in the past. Like a cream foam so to speak. But a thick texture. Something like what comes out frm a mans shave foam gel can! ;p
It felt luxurious to use... and i felt like inwas in a salon ;)
Wud definatly re purchase this again. I will update again after a weeks continued use so watch this space ;);)

on 5/17/2013 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately I didn't have much luck with this cleanser. Using this in conjunction with the muslin cloths wasn't particularly a good idea for my acne prone skin, it was counteractive, and irritated my spots even more. Once I took the cloth aspect out of it I noticed I started developing more congestion around my cheeks, my skin looked tried and dull. I love how moisturizing this cleanser is, it cleanses gently without stripping or drying out the skin, unfortunately it seems too moisturizing for my skin to use alone.

I love the cleanse and hot cloth combination/idea and Liz Earle has always been good on my skin however I'm not bowled over by it. You could use the muslin cloths with any cleansing wash and I'm sorry to say they've lost my custom simply because when ordering on line it takes 5-6 days to arrive and costs £3.50 postage. If you want regular 1st class (which I think should be standard) it costs £5. There are very few places that sell this without parking in the town centre and incurring the same car parking charges so unfortunately I'm not using this anymore.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I thought I would try this product as one of my friends suggested it, and I'm so glad she did! It takes of all my makeup, and it's fine to rub into the eye area, without stinging. The cloth is beautiful, and really helps to give that fresh glow to the skin when removing the product. The best thing about this product is it cleared my skin! I had a really bad reaction to a foundation, I had a bad breakout for months, and the this product cleared my skin! So now my skin is back to normal, and liz Earle had gain another fan. If you not sure about it, go to a free standing store and get a sample with a cloth for £5.50 or something like that. Try it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I honestly don't understand the hype. I like the product and the cloth technique but it doesn't wow me.
When I bought it (in summer) I didn't like the buttery texture but I find that it works a lot better during winter when my skin turns from combination-oily to dry. It feels moisturising and doesn't strip the oil out of my face but leave it quite clean.
I do like the subtle fragrance of it and although it does a poor job with my waterproof mascara it doesn't irritate at all my skin or eyes.
I think I might try other Liz Earle products but I wound't repurchase as I'm sure I can find something similar and cheaper. Having said that I don't think the product is expensive as it lasts a while and the packaging is quite nice.

on 1/18/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I didn't like this when i first bought it but I realize it's an excellent cleanser in the colder weather when my skin is dryer and needs to keep its moisture. I have combo skin that only really gets dry in the winter.
In my LE order I also bought the oil which wasn't as good for my skin and definitely broke me out but once I tried this again in the colder weather i was VERY happy with it. It doesn't dry out my skin like my usual cetaphil. I've been using cetaphil exclusively for the last couple of years. Cleanse and Polish is the first I've deviated. One 200ml tube has lasted me a quite a long time. Will likely buy it again.

on 1/17/2013 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I use more so as a make up remover rather than a cleanser simply because it removes EVERYTHING! There is not one tiny little trace of makeup at all left on my face after I cleanse with .

I don't use it just as a cleanser because i like having lots of water and cleansers that lather up or have exfoliating beads on my face.

I don't bother with the Liz Earl muslin cloths because you can purchase a 10 pack of muslin cloths from a local supermarket for cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My grandma swears by Cleanse and Polish, so she bought the massive 200ml tube for me for chirstmas. Boy am I glad she did! I use a make-up wipe to remove my mascara as it can get a bit messy, but it removes my face make-up like a dream! As i have oily skin, my face looked a bit dull but this really feels like its de-slicking my face without being stripping gives it a lovely glow. I've been having a few break out due to pigging out over the Christmas period and its definitely helping them go away faster. Id say this is great for all skin types, as i said my Grandma uses it and she has mature, dry and very sensitive skin and she loves it! Well done Liz :)

Popular Face Skincare Products