Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The best cleanser by far! Removes absolutely all traces of make up!

This is a great product. I'm already on my fourth bottle of this creamy face cleanser, so rest assured I definitely recommend this product.

The consistency of the cleanser is luxurious, and it's effectiveness is incredible. It will remove a full face of make-up including waterproof mascara, and it leaves my skin feeling calm and non-aggravated.

Only downside is the packaging - I like to see how much product I have left in a bottle. I don't like to be caught out by surprise when I reach for this product and alas! Don't have any left.

on 2/4/2014 4:43:00 PM

I tried this product by itself, and with the muslin cloth included. I used it every single day for a week, exactly as instructed on the packaging. I don't understand what the fuss is about! As a cleanser on its own, I didn't find it to be effective at all. I've read claims that it gets rid of all traces of makeup, including eye makeup, and that couldn't be any more inaccurate. I was left with a lovely set of raccoon eyes and a greasy film on my skin. Blech! When used with the muslin cloth it manages to leave less of a film, and a streakier version of raccoon eyes. Oh...added bonus is that it made me break out on my cheeks! I haven't broken out on my cheeks since I was a teenager!
I'm going to stick with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple.

on 1/21/2014 10:01:00 AM

I got this as a sample and I wanted to love it, especially after reading all of the wonderful reviews about it. I loved the process and how my skin felt after....until I started getting small red pimples on my cheeks (where I never get spots) after the second or third use. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine, so this is the culprit. Not for me.

I thought this was a well priced and effective product. Really theres no excuses for dirty faces anymore!
I love the texture- its so much easier to use than the Eve Lom cleansers when you live in a really cold country. And the packaging is really practical. Beats a huge clutzy tub hands down.
My face feels soft and more hydrated after I have used it, and I need less moisturiser.

The only but BIG problem for me is I intensely dislike the sickly menthol smell. It reminds me of my dad's chinese medicine oil... and the ..... inital notes in Tuberose Criminalle. urrghhh gag gag gag, and that is why I will not repurchase.

on 11/5/2013 10:55:00 AM

This is without a doubt the best cleanser I have ever used, I really loved Elemis Pro-Radiance Cleanser but it is very overpriced!

This is lovely, rich, creamy yet very refreshing and stimulating. I use this alongside my Clarisonic and it works really well. This, along with Instant Boost Skin Tonic, has improved my skin tone and I have people in the street commenting on my skin.

I would massively recommend this product to anyone.

on 10/26/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best purchase I ever made and never used anything since. Others tell me my skin looks fantastic and I know its down to cleanse and polish and instant boost skin tonic. I use another brand of serum and moisturiser followed by a primer from Avon. My skin doesn't react to any make up and I get no break outs. My desert island product!

on 10/18/2013 5:52:00 PM

I've been using this for over a year and I keep buying it as it really suits my skin. Not everything works for everyone but I find that it keeps my skin from drying out and I managed to get through the whole of last years harsh winter without developing any of the dry patches of skin that I usually get. Even my beautician commented that I had lovely clear skin. I buy it when Liz Earle has special offers or as part of their monthly deals to keep the cost down.

Not for sensitive/combo skin like mine. I used it a while back when my skin wasn't so sensitive and it got me hooked on hot cloth cleansers - of which I currently use Elemis Pro Radiance and my Gatineau Soothing cleanser I now also use with a hot cloth - but Liz Earle always used to leave a residue and I sometimes felt it was clogging my pores slightly. The smell, though lovely, I feel is a little too indulgent for everyday use. I used it again recently while travelling and my skin just didn't like it. Probably suits normal to dry skin more.

on 8/5/2013 3:20:00 AM

I have used thus product for 8 years and nothing comes close! It balances the skin and removes all make up - even stubborn mascara. I cannot go without it and always have one at home ready to replace.

Popular Face Skincare Products