Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 6/29/2009 10:27:00 AM

Very nice creamy texture that you can use on the eye area. It was gentle enough for me. The muslin cloth is the secret ingredient as it give a mild exfoliation when you wipe the product off. Skin feels smooth and soft afterwards, whereas other face washes leave my skin feeling tight. Would definately buy again when I can afford. The price is a bit prohibitive.

on 6/18/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product, and for all skin types it is not! I have oily acne prone skin and this made my problem 10 times worse. Also I never felt as if it cleansed my skin deeply enough, I always had a feeling of residue left afterwards. It quite sad really, it took me ages to get this product and I was really exited about it, but I can honestly say that I am glad I am back to my normal foaming cleansers. At least with them I can feel really clean..

on 6/18/2009 9:09:00 AM

HG cleanser. Best one on the market. Have used Eve Lom and I think this is better. I use the tonic spray after which is lovely. Recommend 110%!!!

love how easily make up glides off with this cleanser. however, after reading some reviews i realised it contains cocoa butter...no wonder my pores are clogged! :( good for dry skin though

I first used this product when I was 16 and thought I was a grown up lady (as you do). I used it with the skin tonic and moisturiser and hated it so much, it felt like there was no cleansing and after about a month I just gave up. Also, the skin tonic used to sting my cheeks so I was very put off by that.
I then recently returned to this in February as I had just come back from New York and my skin was very dry so I needed a cream cleanser. I did not buy the skin tonic or the moisturiser this time, just the cleanser. I have to admit, I was pretty darn impressed. After my first use, my skin felt very smooth, was not as dry and overall felt very fresh. I then continued to use it for a month until I was satisfied with my skin's condition. I like the fact that you use this on a dry face, you can really see it lift off dirt and I love the muslin cloth removal method. Using hand hot water on a cloth is like a (very) mini steam facial every morning and I do like it and have to say it did make a difference as I love using very cold water when washing my face which is perhaps why my skin is dry but hey.
So overall, I'd say this is a great cleanser for dry or normal skin but definetely not oily skin because it will make your complexion oilier. Otherwise, it also makes skin beautifully soft and I felt as if I didn't need as much moisturiser which is great.
Don't feel forced to use the skin tonic and moisturiser, as I don't think they help at all. But the cleanser does work a treat- especially if after winter your skin is dry. Using Liz Earle muslin cloths (as opposed to 'normal' muslin cloths) also makes a huge difference as they do gently exfoliate and the quality is far better.

on 2/26/2009 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this when it first came out, back then it had pink packaging. I decided to try it again as my skin had become very dry and sensitive but this time it was a disaster. It made my skin burn and it was very red for hours after use. I tried using it for a week but I couldn't take it. I know people who rate this as the HG cleanser but it wasn't for me.

on 2/24/2009 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this product - use it every night and use a cleansing milk in morning.

I find that my face feels lovely and clean after using this product.

The muslin cloth is awesome as its like a gentle exfoliator.

The pump bottle is fine but wish you could see through the bottle and if you get it in the tube then when you think you have finished it cut the top off and squeese out the rest!

on 2/24/2009 7:33:00 AM

I really can't decide about this product. It contains ingredients that I wonder should be in a cleanser although for a while I was really pleased with the results. I enjoy the creamy texture and using the cloth (evenings only) but have started getting small bumps on my skin. Having read the reviews i am wondering if this is causing them.

other plus - helps my acne prone areas
other neg- dries out my skin if I use it more than once.
I have combination skin with mild rosacea and other than the bumps have had no other reactions.
I find you do have to follow with the skin tonic for your skin to feel 'normal' which makes cleansing very expensive.
I might stop it for a while and see if the bumps go away. will update.
Update: was definitely this. caused more bumps like insect bites and dry skin around. At least I can sell it on ebay now.
won't repurchase from this range again

on 1/30/2009 1:18:00 AM

Simply the best cleanser I have ever tried, leaves my skin soft, spot free and clean. I took one lippie off for the dispenser however, which stops working when you just know there is still some in the bottle! I believe it now comes in a tube which I would like better - at least you can cut the tube when it is coming to the end.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is my HG product. The foundation of a beauty routine has to start with good cleansing and this product is helping me to achieve this. This actually makes me want to take my makeup off at night. Leaves my skin clean fresh and glowing. Love the whole experience of cleansing my face with this product which starts with the wonderful aroma of eucalyptus as i apply it. I just wish it was a little cheaper but I cannot afford to run out of this product.

Popular Face Skincare Products