Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 12/8/2013 5:47:00 PM

This is the best cleanser I have ever tried for my sensitive combo skin. It has a really fresh botanical fragrance, a lovely creamy texture, and it completely gets rid of all make up with such ease. Using this cleanser daily for the last year has really improved the appearance of my skin and helped control my breakouts. It completely converted me to the Liz Earle brand and most of my skin care is now Liz Earle! The only cleanser I have ever enjoyed using so much is the Eve Lom cleanser, and this is a snip of the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have dry/sensitive skin and using other cleansers just dry out and tighten my face even more. I tried this cleanse and Polish because it came as a sample in my Birchbox. Verdict? I absolutely LOVE it! It got every little bit of makeup off my face, including, mascara! It left my face feeling so clean, smooth and hydrated, for ONCE! I just ordered my BF and I the complete 3-step regime. Definitely will be repurchasing!

I thought this was a well priced and effective product. Really theres no excuses for dirty faces anymore!
I love the texture- its so much easier to use than the Eve Lom cleansers when you live in a really cold country. And the packaging is really practical. Beats a huge clutzy tub hands down.
My face feels soft and more hydrated after I have used it, and I need less moisturiser.

The only but BIG problem for me is I intensely dislike the sickly menthol smell. It reminds me of my dad's chinese medicine oil... and the ..... inital notes in Tuberose Criminalle. urrghhh gag gag gag, and that is why I will not repurchase.

on 11/22/2013 3:33:00 PM

This is the only product I have used that actually brightens and cleanses my skin. I am prone to break outs, but this keeps my skin under control. It's really gentle and leaves my skin feeling really soft. I try to use it twice a day, morning and night, as directed- it really does give the best results. I tend to put it on and then brush my teeth before taking it off, just giving it a few minutes to soak in. It smells really nice and I recommend using it with the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic and the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser.

on 11/22/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not worth the hype for me anyway. I have quite oily breakout prone skin, so I wanted to try this as it's supposed to be all natural and good at taking all makeup off. It had a really nice smell and texture and felt very luxurious on the skin; but other than that didn't really do much. My breakouts were a lot worse when using this and I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. Overall the product was a bit over hyped for me. I liked the fact it's natural but was a standard cleanser nothing special, just well marketed.

Amazing! This is my second tube of the cleanser now and I absolutely love it. Without a doubt the best cleanser I've ever used and I will be buying this when it runs out again. I have quite dry skin especially at winter time and this seriously keeps the dryness at bay. I also have a lot of breakouts constantly which turns into red patches. Using this cleanser in the morning and evening makes my skin so soft and it calms down the redness to the point I can't even see it. Of course this cleanser may not work for everyone but I would definitely recommend getting a small sample of this stuff and trying it out because It is on the pricier side, but who wouldn't pay that money for great skin!

on 11/5/2013 10:55:00 AM

This is without a doubt the best cleanser I have ever used, I really loved Elemis Pro-Radiance Cleanser but it is very overpriced!

This is lovely, rich, creamy yet very refreshing and stimulating. I use this alongside my Clarisonic and it works really well. This, along with Instant Boost Skin Tonic, has improved my skin tone and I have people in the street commenting on my skin.

I would massively recommend this product to anyone.

on 10/26/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best purchase I ever made and never used anything since. Others tell me my skin looks fantastic and I know its down to cleanse and polish and instant boost skin tonic. I use another brand of serum and moisturiser followed by a primer from Avon. My skin doesn't react to any make up and I get no break outs. My desert island product!

on 10/18/2013 5:52:00 PM

I've been using this for over a year and I keep buying it as it really suits my skin. Not everything works for everyone but I find that it keeps my skin from drying out and I managed to get through the whole of last years harsh winter without developing any of the dry patches of skin that I usually get. Even my beautician commented that I had lovely clear skin. I buy it when Liz Earle has special offers or as part of their monthly deals to keep the cost down.

on 10/6/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this was one the original muslin cloth cleansers but I've done it the wrong way round and tried Eve Lom, Elemis and many other oil cloth wash off cleansers first. This is by FAR the best for my skin. I'm still in my 20s and my skin can't take the creamier ones so maybe that's why - it's less heavy than the others, I love how well it gets my eye make up off, I love the smell but most of all I love my great my skin looks when I use this on a regular basis.