Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

Not for sensitive/combo skin like mine. I used it a while back when my skin wasn't so sensitive and it got me hooked on hot cloth cleansers - of which I currently use Elemis Pro Radiance and my Gatineau Soothing cleanser I now also use with a hot cloth - but Liz Earle always used to leave a residue and I sometimes felt it was clogging my pores slightly. The smell, though lovely, I feel is a little too indulgent for everyday use. I used it again recently while travelling and my skin just didn't like it. Probably suits normal to dry skin more.

on 8/31/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG cleanser. The pump makes the product last well & I only use at night. In the mornings I just use the cloth & water. I love the texture & everything about this- I have been using it for a few years and it suits my sensitive skin so well. I have tried the lavender limited edition & it was ok but I prefer the original. I hope they leave the formula for this alone- it's perfect as it is

on 8/5/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a staple for me now. Been using it for 7 months nightly. It noticeably cleans more deeply than the previous Burt's Bees hot cloth cleansers I'd been using. Gentle, not drying, fab for all skin types - my skin has become calmer and clearer. Smells of eucalyptus, but not overly so. I occasionally do a double cleanse for an even smoother feeling. It puts back just the right amount of moisture into skin. The pump dispenses too much IMO, so I buy the big 200ml size and squeeze out the amount I need. I still use a separate eye cleanser, as the muslin feels too rough round the eye area for me - even the eucalyptus has never irritated my sensitive eyes.

EDIT:14/7/15
There are now limited editions available in the UK. I own all 5. I just wanted to say that the sweet orange and mint version used sporadically gave me soreness above my lip, and l've stopped used the lavendar and rose edition as daily use has led to itch/burn around chin and a bright red, hot face. I've never had a reaction to a product in my life before now. The new editions include 'fragrance' so l assume that's the prob. Will be sticking with the original from now on. I can't find any other reviews/bloggers with this problem, so far it's just me!

on 8/5/2013 3:20:00 AM

I have used thus product for 8 years and nothing comes close! It balances the skin and removes all make up - even stubborn mascara. I cannot go without it and always have one at home ready to replace.

on 7/29/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A really nice cleanser, that gives an extra glow. I usually use this during the cold months since it is rich, but works actually well during the summer too. Especially if you got some sun, this cleanser gives back some moisture to the skin. Recommend!

This is the only cleanser I use. I have good skin but I notice it looks dull without cleanse and polish. It is expensive but I think worth every penny

I've been using Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser for over two years, morning and night, religiously. It's a great, gentle cleanser which makes good on all the promises made on the bottle. I primarily use this to remove my makeup of an evening and am currently looking into a few different cleansers for am / pm to shake up my routine a little. But overall I know that unless the formulation of this seriously changes, this cleanser will continue to be a permanent fixture in my skincare rotation. It does a really good job at removing all of my makeup, especially some of my heavier, more durable foundations. I would say it removes about 90 - 95% on first application. If I've worn a lot of makeup, I'll use it to cleanse again, but I usually just follow up with a good toner which removes any last traces. This is very, very gentle on the skin and leaves my face feeling fresh and soft. I also really like how mess free this is too. I can really massage the product into my skin without it going everywhere and to finish I buff off with a LE muslin cloth which prevents my hair and top from getting soaked with water.

Pros:
- Great at removing makeup
- Gentle, nourishing and kind to skin
- Easy to use & mess free
- Lasts a really long time
- Doesn't break me out
- Nice packaging & not too expensive

Cons:
- None

I would repurchase.

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

on 7/20/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I understand why this is so popular. It's the one cleanser I repeatedly come back to. Gentle, effective and a really lovely consistency. I didn't notice a difference in my skin when I started using it but when I stopped I found my skin was less balanced and more prone to the odd break out and dry patches. I use it at least once a day, sometimes choosing to oil cleanse at night or use an AHA cleanser in the mornings. Overall this is simply an absolute pleasure to use. The muslin cloths are also great, I do sometimes use a cotton wash cloth or micro fibre cloth but I think the Liz Earle cloths are pretty good and I usually stock up with a couple when I repurchase.

on 7/15/2013 12:38:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I didn't even used to wash my face - I hate the soaps that sting your eyes and dry out your skin. I dislike foam cleansers because it seems like the foaming is just a side-show to pretend the soap is cleaning your skin - like washing your face with bubble bath. yuck.

anyways, I tried the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and will never be without it (or another cream cleanser). It was weird to apply the cleanser to a dry face, but it works. Sometimes I just let it sit on my face for a minute or two to allow it to break down my makeup and soak in.

When I rinse it off (with a warm, wet washcloth or muslin cloth), I can literally see the makeup (and eye makeup - mascara too!) on the cloth - along with all the other yuckies your face picks up throughout the day.

After washing my face with the liz earle, my skin feels soft and soo clean. Not stripped of all it's oils and suppleness, but just clean and refreshed. I look forward to washing my face now that I have this product. Wonderful!

The pump is nice - I used one pump and just washed my face in the evening. I think next time I'll buy the tube (cost savings). One pump is about the size of a red grape or small olive.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to love this, I really did but I honestly can't understand the hype. I ordered online and couldn't wait for the postman's knock at the door. When it arrived the packaging did not disappoint, everything was lovingly wrapped in chic tissue paper making me even more excited about washing my face.

The first thing that I wasn't expecting was the unusual herbally smell, it was almost medicinal and not pleasant. The thick cream formula was very rich and not something I would have thought would agree with my combination skin. After using the muslin cloth my skin felt clean, comfortable and refreshed so I continued to use the product. I restricted this usage to night time only as I felt it was almost too heavy to use during the day.

Although this didn't do anything bad to my skin, it did not do wonders for it either which I was expecting for the money paid. The product is average and I don't think I'll buy it again, however I love the principle of using the muslin cloth. I will carry on using this method of cleansing with a cheaper cleanser from the boots number 7 range maybe,

Popular Face Skincare Products