Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 2/2/2012 7:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lovely cleanser. I absolutely adore the smell, as I am a big fan of eucalyptus. A gentle cleanser that leaves my skin feeling wonderful and smooth. I am not giving it a 5 because it didn't deep cleanse, but it's good for removing makeup. Great to use in the shower for a quick cleanse in the morning.

on 11/22/2011 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice product! It cleans my face perfectly without making it dry and reasonably cheap. However it doesn't really improve my skin so I wouldn't give a 5

on 10/15/2011 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

OOh I love this product! Goodbye Clarins Gel Melt cleanser!
Since I've been using this product I can honestly say I've noticed a huge difference in my skin texture. My face feels so clean afterwards. I love using the muslin cloth which I'm sure helps remove any dead skin. I have combination skin (T-zone) and now I've hit the 40's I have been having trouble with painful spots around my jawline :o( .... but since using this they are clearing up :o) I can't see myself using anything else now and I will probably be looking at the rest of the Liz Earle range. x

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really love this cleanser. Have only been using it about 3-4 weeks now, but it's a keeper!

It is a creamy product in a nice pump dispenser. It has a nice fresh scent that doesn't linger too much. Feels glorious when you apply to the skin and rub in. Wipes off easily with the hot muslin cloths, leaving my skin feeling baby soft and super clean without any dryness or residue. It's strange - it feels very gentle when you are using it, but it is clearly a force to be reckoned with, dissolving any dirt, make up or oil that gets in its way!

Tip - take off mascara beforehand with a regular eye makeup remover - it's tough to get the strains out of the cloths, and also, because the cleanser "melts" your make up, it ends up all over your face.

It is a teeny bit pricey, but worth it I think - the quality of the product is superb, and your order always comes with very generous samples and freebies.

on 9/27/2011 11:04:00 AM

I really wanted to love this and join the rest of the Cleanse & Polish fans but unfortunately this cleanser irritated my sensitive skin and I just couldn't use it. It obviously works well for a lot of people and I've read many reviews from happy customers with sensitive skin but personally I found the eucalyptus oil overwhelming and tingly - an unnecessary effect in any skincare product, if you ask me. I would strongly recommend getting a sample before trying this.

on 9/24/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love, love, love this cleanser! It smells nice and I like the packaging with the pump. My skin has improved a lot since I started using Liz Earle products and it is absolutely worth the money. It is gentle to my skin and it really removes all of my makeup!

I so wanted to love this product, and even repurchased it a second time but I have finally admitted to myself it just hasn't worked for me! I loved the idea of gently exfoliating with the muslin cloth, but it wad a faff to keep washing them etc. and I think it honestly made my skin worse! I came out in red bumps and dry areas all over my forehead and either side of my nose, and although it cleared up some of my hyper pigmentation it can't be that exfoliating because me pores felt clogged and dirty! Now I've switched back to simple my skin is still a mess from this product :( such a shame!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After hearing such good reviews about this I decided to buy the starter version. This is really good for my skin (combination) and it reduces the oil on my T-Zone without making my cheeks more dry. I use this every night with the cloth to take off my makeup and then my Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel & then Skin Smoothing Cream. Then in the morning all I need to do is wash my face with water and add moisturiser again and this has totally made my skin very smooth and my foundation has become flawless. I am very happy with this product and will continue to use.

*EDIT* This leaves a residue on my skin therefore I have gone back to Dermalogica products.

on 8/18/2011 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love it! Have used this for about 7 years and would hate to be without it. My skin is not naturally that great, but thanks to C&P it looks better than it did ten years ago. If I stray from this for too long, my skin starts breaking out and looking dull, but a few days of using this twice a day and my skin looks good again. I find it removes any makeup apart from really waterproof liners and mascara.

on 6/19/2011 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally very happy with this cleanser. During the first few days it did break me out a little in areas I had never broken out before, but that quickly went away, leaving my skin incredibly smooth, like glass; supple, cool and pore-less. The wondrous property of this product lies in this very fact: How long do these effects normally last? Not very long. Soon after cleansing, dry-skinned people need to moisturize or the complexion starts to feel tight, and oily women's skin starts producing oil again. As I fit in the first category, I can only vouch for this: My skin felt comfortable, without any dryness, forever. And by "forever" I mean a whole 48 hours without any moisturizer or other hydrating creams on (i.e. sunscreen), so it basically remained like this the entire time until the next wash, which in this case was long overdue. I was so very surprised by this fact, but moreover, this has been going on for months now. Meaning, my skin has never felt dry or tight or flaky again. It just seems comfortable, smooth and "independent" of outter factors for its happiness. This is unbelievable. I've tried so much in the past to make my skin feel a little better without constant care, and a cleanser is what finally did it. I bought my usual "loaded" moisturizer a while ago, and I haven't had to open it yet. Instead, I got my hands on a few moisturizer samples for normal/oily skin, and they fit me just fine. My skin is still far from oily, but since the light gels I tried were hydrating enough for the first time ever, that must mean it's turned at least pretty normal. This is a big relief and a wonderful, unexpected bonus from this new purchase. The muslin cloths that come with it deliver just the right amount of roughness and allow you to gently polish your skin every day, so you don't have to rub on harsh exfoliants anymore. At least that's how it's worked for me. I tossed all my abrasive, grainy pastes, and replaced them with this. Overall, nice packaging, very annoying scent. 4 lippies instead of 5 because I still get blemishes like I used to before I got into this one - I expected it to keep them somewhat at bay, and it hasn't, but maybe that's too much of me to ask. So yes, very satisfied with it indeed. Highly recommended.
UPDATE: This winter, as opposed to last year, my skin does feel slightly drier again, probably because it's gotten used to this product now. But to make up for that, this cleanser has now cleared up all my mild acne - it is remarkable how I wake up every morning after I've cleansed with this the previous evening; it just seems like my skin takes huge leaps of recovery each night thanks to this. Let's hope it doesn't get used to that effect too! 5 lippies, wholeheartedly. Will keep purchasing.

Popular Face Skincare Products