Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 7/18/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE and i mean it ! i have very oily skin and my mistake was that i was always buying foaming cleansers that were not really doing anything for my oily skin. But this is for all skin types, it is a cream consistency and so naturally you need that little bit more than if you were using a foaming cleanser ( i use about 1 pump) you apply this to dry skin, which i thought was a bit weird as i had never wached my face like this before. But now after 3 weeks of use i can say i dont think i will be changing cleanser any time soon ! this dissolves make up as if it was never on your face in the first place and cleanses thoroughly whthout that dry or tight feeling. Insted it leaves the skin super soft and comfortable. The muslin cloth is another part of it i love it provedes gentle exfoliation but not hard enough to make my raw ( i not only use a granular exfoliator 2 times every 2 weeks and my face has never looked so good !

Update - this is the only new thing i have been using and it has broke me out horribly ! and it was such a shame i loved this cleanser !

on 6/29/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I ordered the 1.7 oz starter kit that came with one muslin cloth. I got my package in 4 days and to my surprise I got a free gift! They gave me and extra muslin cloth and a 1.0 oz tube, now I have other sample size 1.0 oz tubes and I have to say that the Liz Earle one was packed to the Max unlike other sample sizes I've gotten, so that was a plus. I use this at night to take off my make up at night and it works great it cleanses wonderfully. And it has a light minty smell that's refreshing. This is gonna be a staple for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am a skincare junkie- i love trying all the new skincare products as i am on the quest to get "flawless skin!" so i decided to try this as i have been hearing so many raves about it- i have only used it about 5 times so far but i LOVE IT, its like a mini facial- the cream is so smooth and just glides on and smells really fresh and clean (i hate major perfumed skin products) after using the Muslin cloth- your skin feels soft and looks brighter. My skin has cleared up alittle and i am sure it will continue to do so after much more regular usage.

Overall, i love this product and i most definatley WILL repurchase !

on 5/25/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this because of the rave reviews and because my mum and sister swear by it, but it broke me out (especially on the cheeks). If it hadn't, I would definitely have liked it (apart from it being unrealistic to wash the cloth every couple of uses as recommended). I would say it's not very suitable for oily, sensitive skin like mine. Back to my faithful old Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser (which I use a cloth with sometimes anyway).

on 5/5/2011 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this after hearing so many raves over the internet and all I can say is that it's a total disapointment. After a month or so of using it, it didn't clear my skin up at all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that it made my skin worse. Also, I found it rubbish for removing make up - particularly eye make up - and I really don't wear all that much. I can't believe that I paid nearly £20 for this rubbish. I'm now using Witch Cleanser for about a third of the price and I've had better results.

I've got to say though that the service is great - it came really quickly and was nicely packaged. It had a bag with it and a free sample of toner. Shame that the actual product was such a let down.

on 3/24/2011 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I tried this cleanser after the new liz earle counter was installed at john lewis glasgow. I have oily skin and so i was slightly apprehensive about trying it.......but WOW its amazing!

I find it works better if you wet ur hands first and then massage it all over ur face and finish with ur eyes so ur not massaging mascara into ur face. then wet the muslin cloth and wipe over the skin in circular motions, exfoliating as you go!

the creamy texture hydrates and does not strip the skin but leaves it feeling clean and soft. i have not experienced any type of breakout and i have acne prone skin...this amazed me! plus the muslin cloth removes any dead skin and horrible flaky bits so the skin is in the best condition.

its quite difficult to get hold of although the QVC website stocks it and john lewis stores now do aswel!

I have recommended this to many people and would urge you to try it..beleive me, if you want smooth skin..ul love it! xx

on 1/20/2011 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this when I wear Estee Lauder DoubleWear just to get skin really clean and it works brilliantly. Leaves skin really clean but neither tight nor oily. Lovely packaging and ethical company.

on 7/21/2009 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product.
I have awful combination skin & this works amazingly for me.
It leaves my skin feeling baby soft without making my T-Zone look oily.
I use it on my super sensitive eye area too with no problems.

I got a sample in the 'try me' kit I ordered & went & bought the 100ml pump 2 days later because I couldn't bear to run out.

Will definately be repurchasing, again & again... & again!

on 2/7/2009 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser for years now - I find it does get off all my make-up, exfoliates through the muslin cloths and leaves my skin feeling cleansed but not tight. BUT I do still have spots which make me wonder about trying something different - perhaps my skin has become too used to it. I like going to the shop off Sloane Square though - you get a free mini product with every purchase, and can amass stamps on a loyalty card which then rewards you with another free gift.

on 2/2/2008 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was admittedly dubious about using Cleanse & Polish on my oily, pre-menstrually spotty skin after years of using foaming cleansers in repeatedly unsuccessful attempts to rid my skin of sebum and spots. After visiting Liz Earle's lovely, airy London shop, I brought home -- amongst (many) other things -- a 100mL airless pump bottle of her arguably most famous product, Cleanse & Polish. It came in a starter pack which included two pure muslin cloths to be used in conjunction with the cleanser. I've been doing a lot of reading which suggested that instead of battling sebum and spots with synthetic drying agents, sufferers of oily and acne prone skin ought to take a gentler, more natural approach to skincare. Liz Earle's products have helped significantly in this process, with excellent results.

Cleanse & Polish comes in several sizes (travel, 200mL squeeze tube, 100mL airless pump). I chose the airless pump dispenser as it was the most sanitary. One pump dispenses the right amount for my face, and the entire bottle is said to contain enough product for 66 applications. The cleanser is a white, luciously creamy concoction which I dot on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin before taking two minutes to massage it into my face. The scent is heavenly, but with ingredients like cocoa butter, hops, rosemary, chamomile, sweet almond, and eucalyptus I would not expect anything less. I rub the cleanser into my skin until most of it is absorbed; it even removes mascara and eye makeup, and does not sting (although I leave the eye area till the very end so as to avoid smudging around mascara all over my face).

The second part of the cleansing process involves soaking the muslin cloth in a basin of warm-to-hot water and then polishing the excess cream off of the face using a gentle circular massaging motion. I have to say that this two step process takes about double the time that it would take to wash my face with a foaming cleanser in the shower, but I don't mind as it feels like a mini facial or pampering treat every time I cleanse. I follow this up with a splash of cool water, Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic, and then Liz Earle's Skin Repair Light.

I've waited for over a month before writing this review and am thrilled with the results. It takes time, but my skin has responded very well to the cleanser (as well as Liz Earle's other products). My skin is left visibly glowing, healthy and smooth, and it has seriously calmed down my spots and post-acne marks. I never thought that I would be able to use cream based cleansers but I am now a believer in treating my skin more gently and giving it a bit of moisture instead of drying it out with anti-acne cleansers and forcing my skin to over-compensate in sebum production due to harsh ingredients. I live in Bermuda and if I can't get to London in time, I order directly from the website (www.lizearle.com) -- it is an amazingly simple site to use, the customer service is brilliant, and products arrive in impeccable condition (along with a free sample each time). If I could give this product a rating of six, I would.

Popular Face Skincare Products