Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 12/14/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried this for about three weeks, and it broke me out horribly. Large cystic spots. I have slight rosacea, not sure if this was a factor.

on 10/14/2011 4:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I love everything about this product though I'm too lazy to use it everyday.

Its nice to use a face wash gentle enough to remove eye make-up and it leaves my skin so soft that I've actually left the house having forgotten to moisturise a couple of times.

on 10/5/2011 7:36:00 AM

Like many people I'd head rave reviews about this product, both online and from friends and colleagues, so it clearly does work for some people but sadly I'm not convinced.

First the pros:
- The product smells nice and fresh, but not too strong.
- Using the warm damp cloths is quite soothing.
- It didn't dry out my skin or lead to any major breakouts
I like the idea of a creamy cleanser and although it felt strange to be putting something so thick onto my oily skin the product does claim to be suitable for all skin types.

Now the cons:
- My skin didn't feel very clean after using, it was like there was a residue left there, although I followed the cleansing instructions exactly.
- The cloth thing could get tedious, especially the frequent washing required.
- The texture and tone of my skin did not improve at all in the time taken to use up the bottle. I still had the same number of blocked pores and red spots as before and I did not notice a change in oiliness when compared with my standard 4 cleanser.

This wasn't a terrible product for me and I think it would perhaps be better suited to my skin in the winter when it's drier, so I've given it three lippies. However it was a disappointment that something marketed as being for all skin types had no beneficial effects for me. It's not hugely expensive compared to some equally popular brands, but pricey enough to put me off purchasing again. If you have dry or normal skin then this could be brilliant, but if like me your skin tends towards oily and acne-prone then I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really love this cleanser. Have only been using it about 3-4 weeks now, but it's a keeper!

It is a creamy product in a nice pump dispenser. It has a nice fresh scent that doesn't linger too much. Feels glorious when you apply to the skin and rub in. Wipes off easily with the hot muslin cloths, leaving my skin feeling baby soft and super clean without any dryness or residue. It's strange - it feels very gentle when you are using it, but it is clearly a force to be reckoned with, dissolving any dirt, make up or oil that gets in its way!

Tip - take off mascara beforehand with a regular eye makeup remover - it's tough to get the strains out of the cloths, and also, because the cleanser "melts" your make up, it ends up all over your face.

It is a teeny bit pricey, but worth it I think - the quality of the product is superb, and your order always comes with very generous samples and freebies.

on 9/27/2011 11:04:00 AM

I really wanted to love this and join the rest of the Cleanse & Polish fans but unfortunately this cleanser irritated my sensitive skin and I just couldn't use it. It obviously works well for a lot of people and I've read many reviews from happy customers with sensitive skin but personally I found the eucalyptus oil overwhelming and tingly - an unnecessary effect in any skincare product, if you ask me. I would strongly recommend getting a sample before trying this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For those with sensitive skin, beware. This product is not for people with rosacea, despite the claims on the website saying that this works even for sensitive skin as long as you don't use the muslin to scrub or hot water. I did not use either but still ended up with an instantaneous severe rosacea flare-up that lasted well into the next day. I should have known the second I smelled that familiar Noxema smell. I don't understand why they include eucalyptus oil knowing it's an irritant with no real benefits. And if they're going to include it, why would they say it's OK for people with sensitive skin? Ugh. Now I have to decide if I want to spend the money to mail it back to the U.K.

on 9/26/2011 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really love this product.. my combination skin feels *fully* cleansed without being dried out or clogging pores and is left soft to the touch and actually radiant. I find lots of products claim to 'create radiance' but this is one of the only products I've found that truely does. The only downside is that is doesn't stop my breakouts, but I seem to get less spots and it definitely gets rid of the spots that do come out, much quicker than usual. Overall my skin is left in such a lovely condition (both in touch and appearance) it's definitely worth the money, despite the odd spots still being there.

on 9/24/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love, love, love this cleanser! It smells nice and I like the packaging with the pump. My skin has improved a lot since I started using Liz Earle products and it is absolutely worth the money. It is gentle to my skin and it really removes all of my makeup!

on 9/21/2011 5:22:00 AM

Great product, I been looking for a good cleanser for a while now as I have sensitive/ acne prone skin. I have been using this product for over 1 months now and it is calming and leaves my skin feeling really clean and fresh and so far no redness or breakouts.
Packaging is nice and if purchased from Liz Earle they also send some complimentary products to try out!

on 9/4/2011 12:44:00 PM

So many people rave about this cleanser, so I gave it a try. Now, having almost finished the standard size bottle, I'm not going to use it again. I've done everything properly - dry hands and face, massage it on my face, really hot water on a clean cloth to remove it, etc etc, but no joy. My skin looks worse than it did before I started using it - it used to be clear and now I get regular breakouts and much more redness. Also, it's no good at removing make up- I have to use a separate eye make up remover and all I wear is mascara and eye-liner...