Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

I was really looking forward to this product but it was terrible! It irritated my skin and caused a huge breakout all over my face. Must be due to the cocoa seed butter or Cetearyl alcohol?
Within two days I was back to my Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser and phew my skin calmed back down - spots gone!

on 8/31/2012 7:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So far, this is the best cleanser i have come across. I see why people love it. Im almost finished my second pump bottle and will next purchase the 200 ml tube.

It COMPLETELY removes all makeup, including eye makeup (although i dont wearwater proof if you find you need to use a seperate eye makeup remover first its no biggie!, plenty of cheap and effective ones out there like johnsons, boots botanics and l'oreal)....

I am very clog prone but have never found this to break me out or clog my pores.
I think maybe people arent cleaning their face correctly with this and thats why they are breaking out. I find the eve lom way is much better than the liz earle recomendation funnily enough, ..........

Just get your muslin cloth or face cloth, run it under water that is quite warm (but never boiling or uncomfortable to touch with your hands) and apply the cloth, holding it on your face for a few seconds ,(this basically melts the cream alot so you know you will easily remove the cleanser afterwards and opens pores to allow for really effective cleansing later), then go back and wet the cloth again and gently use the cloth to remove all the cleanser from your face then.

splash with some cold water and pat dry with a clean towel. some say this may cause broken capilaries, following with cold water but as long as you werent foolish enough to originally cleanse with boiling water or close to it, this will not happen. the water should be quite warm but never uncomfortable.

. I think the cream texture maybe suits normal, combination and maybe oily skin better and oily/balm type ceansers suits drier skins better. Although if you have dry skin you might still get on really well with this and the same applies to those with oily skin. its a cream, so it is kind of the perfect medium between very oily cleasners which can suit dry skin and gel cleansers that suit oily skin. IT IS WORTH A TRY FOR ANY SKIN TYPE in my opinion.

so:

PROS:

Completely removes all makeup, sunblock etc
Leaves skin feeling completely clean but never stripped, just really smooth and soft
smells devine
(what more could you ask for from a cleaner really?!)

CONS:

(Although not really a con more of a pet peeve lol)

Regarding liz earle in general, it should be more widely availabl in the real world because buying it online is a pain. I like to buy things the old fashioned way.

on 8/8/2012 9:50:00 AM

I had heard great things about this product - so it must work for some people. However, it clearly is terrible for some people too - including me. This cleanser has brought me out in the most horrifc spots - the kind that I have never had before in my life and would not look out of place on a pubescant acne ridden teenager. At first I thought it might be a good thing - the cleanser somehow releasing impurities in my skin; but it's just not. The spots are terrible - the size of five pence pieces and they take ages to go away.

When I have a break from the cleanser, I don't get spots like this. I have been cleaning the cloths properly - so it's not a dirty cloth issue. It's just an exceptionally bad clogging cream. Still, some people still love it. I would advise anyone thinking of use it to try and get a free sample first to test it out - rather than throw away money on something that could be truly horrific for their pores and leave you looking like a pizza face.

I purchased C+P after reading about it on some makeup blogs. I was so excited to try it after all the great reviews I've read and I am so happy I did! I've been using it for about a month now - my skin feels so smooth. Like many of you have said, I also look forward to washing my makeup off ... never thought I'd say that! Something about the soothing smell and the cool creaminess on your face?! It is bliss to gently exfoliate with a hot muslin cloth! Sounds crazy but you gotta try it! I also use toner afterwards (I put my favorite toner in a spray bottle & spritz a few times over my face) and it's just the perfect regime for me. Try it!

on 7/16/2012 4:48:00 PM

This product for me was a life-changer.
After all the rave reviews I was finally swayed to try C+P and I'm so glad I did. I'm not usually one to put in a lot of effort with makeup removal (I know, I know) but with this I've found myself looking forward to taking my makeup off at the end of the day.
My t-zone gets fairly oily, but C+P has helped to mattify my skin, as well as evening out skin tone and reducing pores.
I also love the muslin cloth, I feel my face constantly needs exfoliated due to nasty working environments etc so massaging with the muslin cloth lets me exfoliate without damaging my skin.
C+P is also safe to use in the eye area - I have fairly delicate eyes and usually can't handle product being near them, but with C+P I can smother my whole face and feel absolutely fine.
I use this in conjunction with with Liz Earle toner, and together they are my abolsute miracle workers.

My one tip for the C+P would be to make sure you splash your face with cold water after polishing, as it helps to remove the last traces of product, helps reduce pores and is really invigorating.

I love how it leaves my skin fealing clean and comfortable and not the slightest bit stripped. I ended up using the muslin cloth too vigorously the first time I used it, but once I figured out the right level of pressure, I've not had any problems with this.

I've been using this most evenings for the past few weeks, and my partner and I have both noticed an improvement in my skin. I don't know if it's the Cleanse and Polish or the Alpha-H Liquid Gold, but I'll definitely keep on using the combination for as long as it works!

This is my all time favourite cleanser. I've spent the last six months trying out Estee Lauder's cleanser and I've started to get spots - at 36!!! Not sexy. I've tried all kinds of elimination as to what could be causing it - and narrowed it down to my new(ish) cleanser. So i went back to my Cleanse and Polish and within 2 weeks my skin was so grateful, the spots were almost gone and I was back to 'normal'. Cleanse and Polish just works for my skin and has done so for the past 8 years or so. I have combination skin and it's never too heavy with the cocoa butter. I can't say my skin would be the same if it was really greasy and can understand the reviews saying it doesn't work for them, but it just works for me. It loves the dry patches and doesn't make the oily patches worse. My skin feels totally cleansed after using the muslin cloth and I can use just a light moisturiser. And it's the ONLY cleanser on the planet that doesn't sting my eyes (and v good at removing waterproof mascara). Girls with sensitive or stingy eyes who loves their eye make-up should give this a try. Oh Cleanse and Polish how I've missed you!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this, but it just didn't work for me. I loved the smell of it and it did leave my skin feeling clean and smooth, but it broke me out terribly. I continued to use it for about 3 weeks, but I couldn't hack it any more and gave up. My breakouts have since calmed down since I stopped using it so unfortunately, I'm blaming this cleanser for their cause.

on 4/25/2012 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This has a lot of hype. But it just doesn't work for me. The past few times when I've used this, it's made me very red and blotchy. Attractive. Not. It smells nice, however and feels very gentle on the skin. I find using the muslin cloths a bit rough though. I can see how some people love this, but for me, it just doesn't make the cut I'm afraid. Not for me, Liz Earle.

on 4/8/2012 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Eyes: Violet

This product is the only skin cleanser that I can use that won't ruin my skin. I've tried many things out there ranging from high end to low, and I've always ended up with either very dry painful skin prone to rashes, or spots and redness and oily skin from using them.
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish does dry skin out if left on for too long, or used too frequently. But I use it according to my own needs. I don't wear too much makeup so I don't leave it on for long. Exfoliating too much can result in skin reactions so I don't always use it daily.
Recently, I went for a facial in preparation for my wedding and they used Dr Murad products on me. This was meant to be for sensitive skin and the beautician said that it was better than Liz Earle for sensitive skin, but instead it made me break out and I had to wait for 4 weeks and use Liz Earle to clear it all up.
This product works for me, and I'd definately recommend it to others out there sttruggling to find a cleanser that doesn't zap your skin of all the goodness.

Popular Face Skincare Products