Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

This is a great product. I'm already on my fourth bottle of this creamy face cleanser, so rest assured I definitely recommend this product.

The consistency of the cleanser is luxurious, and it's effectiveness is incredible. It will remove a full face of make-up including waterproof mascara, and it leaves my skin feeling calm and non-aggravated.

Only downside is the packaging - I like to see how much product I have left in a bottle. I don't like to be caught out by surprise when I reach for this product and alas! Don't have any left.

This has been a product that I have come back to time and time again. It is gentle and smells lovely. It removes every bit of make up effectively, even eye make up. The only thing is I think £24 for 200ml is slightly high. But if you want something that is gentle, natural and removed with water this is a great one. Just make sure that you remove every single bit with the cloth.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

After hearing bloggers and Youtubers rave about this as well as the sales assistants in my local Boots store I thought it'd be the best cleanser to ever grace this earth; sadly that's not quite the truth!

I bought the 100ml pump starter kit for under £15, not a bad price for such a popular product. I used it all over my face morning and evening for a while with the included muslim cloths, but I did have to stop after about a week's worth of use. Although the polishing cloths work great for gentle exfoliation, the redness in my skin was getting worse with each use and it wasn't as pleasant to use as my cleansers for sensitive skin, so I stopped using it. This product claims to cater for "every age and skin type" but sadly not so for those with sensitive skin, even if you don't normally react to products! I blame the eucalyptus essential oil, which is intended as "cooling" but may be a little drying and irritating for some.

Since I stopped using this and went back to other, more gentle (but sadly more expensive) cleansers, my skin is much happier and more balanced in general. One to avoid if you have sensitive or easily irritated skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

There's not enough adjectives to describe the brilliance that is LE C&P (see that? I speak the Liz lingo ;) )

I've battled with my skin since I was a young teen and spots became a problem. By my late teens I was in full flown acne land, and entering my early-mid twenties I'm prone to breakouts. Thankfully we're talking max 5 spots at once, and usually linked to that "special" cycle...

So as I got older and work started stumping up more money to keep my genius, I funnelled that money into higher and higher end products.

Come last year, I got strep throat. Which became scarlet fever. Which became a face full of impetigo (never heard of it? Look it up! It's yummy!). After the horrible horrible disease I decided to take a skin U-turn. I'd thrown harsher and harsher chenicals at my skin, and never gave much thought to the softly softly approach. So enter C&P (and it's toner and light moisturiser).

Well. Within a week my skin texture had transformed. Despite regularly exfoliating previously, I now realise what a mask of dead skin I was carrying round coz now my face feels so much softer. And the spots you ask? Are you kidding me?! Nothing has a chance to grab on and grow when you're scrubbing with a muslin cloth twice a day.

One thing I would say is it's done nothing for my pore size, they're still big, but genetics has a lot to do with that (my Dad's in his 60s, huge pores and still greasy - on the plus side, didn't start wrinkling til way in his 50s so I'll take those genetics :) )

Just try it...

on 1/7/2014 3:25:00 AM

After using this product for 2 weeks my skin is so soft, zit free and and would like to personally kiss Liz Earle herself!! I have been using a foaming cleanser for years and got into the habit of just buying the same old thing. A number of my friends were raving about it and I bought a 30ml sample for £5.50 and had free delivery from the Liz Earle website and lasted me ages and I can feel the difference within days! I don't think I will be changing my cleanser for a very long time!!!

on 11/22/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not worth the hype for me anyway. I have quite oily breakout prone skin, so I wanted to try this as it's supposed to be all natural and good at taking all makeup off. It had a really nice smell and texture and felt very luxurious on the skin; but other than that didn't really do much. My breakouts were a lot worse when using this and I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. Overall the product was a bit over hyped for me. I liked the fact it's natural but was a standard cleanser nothing special, just well marketed.

Amazing! This is my second tube of the cleanser now and I absolutely love it. Without a doubt the best cleanser I've ever used and I will be buying this when it runs out again. I have quite dry skin especially at winter time and this seriously keeps the dryness at bay. I also have a lot of breakouts constantly which turns into red patches. Using this cleanser in the morning and evening makes my skin so soft and it calms down the redness to the point I can't even see it. Of course this cleanser may not work for everyone but I would definitely recommend getting a small sample of this stuff and trying it out because It is on the pricier side, but who wouldn't pay that money for great skin!

on 8/5/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a staple for me now. Been using it for 7 months nightly. It noticeably cleans more deeply than the previous Burt's Bees hot cloth cleansers I'd been using. Gentle, not drying, fab for all skin types - my skin has become calmer and clearer. Smells of eucalyptus, but not overly so. I occasionally do a double cleanse for an even smoother feeling. It puts back just the right amount of moisture into skin. The pump dispenses too much IMO, so I buy the big 200ml size and squeeze out the amount I need. I still use a separate eye cleanser, as the muslin feels too rough round the eye area for me - even the eucalyptus has never irritated my sensitive eyes.

EDIT:14/7/15
There are now limited editions available in the UK. I own all 5. I just wanted to say that the sweet orange and mint version used sporadically gave me soreness above my lip, and l've stopped used the lavendar and rose edition as daily use has led to itch/burn around chin and a bright red, hot face. I've never had a reaction to a product in my life before now. The new editions include 'fragrance' so l assume that's the prob. Will be sticking with the original from now on. I can't find any other reviews/bloggers with this problem, so far it's just me!

This is the only cleanser I use. I have good skin but I notice it looks dull without cleanse and polish. It is expensive but I think worth every penny

I've been using Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser for over two years, morning and night, religiously. It's a great, gentle cleanser which makes good on all the promises made on the bottle. I primarily use this to remove my makeup of an evening and am currently looking into a few different cleansers for am / pm to shake up my routine a little. But overall I know that unless the formulation of this seriously changes, this cleanser will continue to be a permanent fixture in my skincare rotation. It does a really good job at removing all of my makeup, especially some of my heavier, more durable foundations. I would say it removes about 90 - 95% on first application. If I've worn a lot of makeup, I'll use it to cleanse again, but I usually just follow up with a good toner which removes any last traces. This is very, very gentle on the skin and leaves my face feeling fresh and soft. I also really like how mess free this is too. I can really massage the product into my skin without it going everywhere and to finish I buff off with a LE muslin cloth which prevents my hair and top from getting soaked with water.

Pros:
- Great at removing makeup
- Gentle, nourishing and kind to skin
- Easy to use & mess free
- Lasts a really long time
- Doesn't break me out
- Nice packaging & not too expensive

Cons:
- None

I would repurchase.

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.