It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I would have given it 5 lippies, but I do feel it is a bit expensive.

To start with, I was debating on what color to order. I tend to wear 'medium' shades, but have been noticing recently a lot of the medium products I have been trying recently in other brands (I'm looking at you Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer!) have been seeming too dark for me. I wear IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye and Celebration Foundation in medium, but I decided to order this CC Cream in 'light.' I'm glad I did because it is a perfect match!

This CC Cream does have definite yellow/gray-ish undertone to it. However, this works well for my yellow undertoned skin. I'm unsure if the undertone of the product is related to the fact that is is a color corrector or not.

My skin has been pretty dry recently, so I have been reaching for more moisturizing products. While I would not consider this a really moisturizing product, it doesn't feel drying and does not accentuate any dry spots on my face. It also doesn't feel one bit greasy and sets extremely well.

I would definitely consider this medium to full coverage. It does build well in the spots I need more coverage without looking cakey. I have been setting it with my Inglot HD Iluminating Finishing Powder and it looks flawless. It wears well for a good 8 hours without fading or melting off my face.

There have been some comments about the fragrance of this CC Cream. It has a bit of an orange-citrus-y sent to it likely from the orange, lime, and grapefruit oils listed on the ingredients. The fragrance is a natural citrus fragrance, not something sweet and sickly. In addition, there has been a lot of concern about these oils being irritating to the skin. I have not experienced any irritation from this CC Cream associated with these oils.

The pump packaging is awesome! And so is the SPF 50, especially for summer. If you have been debating about this CC Cream, I would say give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

I love this CC cream. I usually prefer a medium or full coverage foundation and most tinted moisturizers, bb and cc creams just don't do it for me. My skin usually just needs help to even out my skin tone but I prefer a more flawless finish. This CC cream has great coverage for everyday wear and it's good for the skin. I haven't worn it "out" in fear of flashback in photos but I love this for everyday wear. I got this in the medium shade and it's a perfect fit for my nc25-30 yellow based skin tone. I usually have a tough time finding a nice color match but medium is warm/neutral. I usually use mufe hd, laura mercier silk creme, and CG outlast stay fabulous and don't need to powder with these as i have dry/combo skin but I do powder my tzone with this cc cream as it's a bit dewier than the regular matte ones I wear. I thought about picking up the tan for summer but when I swatched it in store, it is much darker than the medium so it may only work out if I mix the two. I wish they had a medium/tan color... Hint hint IT!

I've literally never written a review on MUA before, but I had to about this product. It's been that revolutionary for my skin!

I've been using this for just over two weeks- I purchased it after rave reviews from MakeupByTiffanyD. I love the way that this CC cream works with my skin! Admittedly, I don't have a lot of active blemishes, so I use this mostly to correct the discoloration and unevenness that I have. It also makes my hyper pigmentation less noticeable.

When I first started using this, I found it kind of sticky and hard to blend. I always use my fingers to apply it and blend it in to my skin. To help make it easier on myself, I use a pump (at most) of this with a pump of the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, another one of my holy grail items!

Once I do that, I will apply concealer to my under eye area and go about doing my eye makeup while it sinks in. I finish with a very light dusting of MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus.

This has been the best everyday skin/base routine I've found in years! It literally does look like my skin but better! By mixing it with primer and setting with powder, I find it lasts me from 8 am until I wash it off at night. The only place that it can fade for me is around my nose, where I often have some redness.

FYI, I have combination oily skin that can be prone to eczema. I'm also an NC30-37 in Mac Pro Longwear.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Appearance: Product comes in a clear and silver plastic pump tube. After awhile I noticed some of the silver coating where the ingredients are listed has worn off. Not a big deal but some people might not like being able to read the ingredients. Its has a light orange citrus smell to it.

Cost: I think it around 38-40 dollars at Ulta. You get 1.08 oz of product.

Wearability: Trying to find a color match for my fair Korean skin with heavy yellow undertones is tricky. I first bought the light and noticed it was a bit too dark on my skin. Perhaps with summer it would now be a perfect match. I ended up buying a tube of fair and mixing the two together for a perfect match. I enjoy this CC cream but I find it to kind of sit on top of my skin verses sinking in like other CC creams. I found that using my fingers to rub it in like a regular moisturizer verses using a brush helps with decreasing this feeling.

Overall thoughts: I wear this on an everyday basis if I am not looking for a full face coverage. For a night out I still prefer a regular foundation. I will probably buy another tube when I run out. I have sensitive skin and I have not experienced any breakouts from this product.

I have been on an never ending quest for a HG foundation and while this is AMAZING I can't exactly say the search is over. The color range is limited, I purchased the color medium, I'm in between and NC 25-30. The color match could be better but it works on me, adapts well to my skin. Coverage is impeccable, and the feel of this CC is hydrating and virtually undetectable. The High SPF doesn't make this foundation ideal for photography because of the flashback but other than that I have no complaints. This is the perfect everyday makeup base

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great full coverage CC cream. I've used drugstore BB creams in the past, and decided to try this CC cream at the recommendation of one of the women at Ulta. I have very fair dry sensitive skin that breaks out occasionally, and this cream has not caused any irritation or flare-ups. It is surprisingly full coverage, more so than many of the foundations I've used. While the color of the "Fair" product is quite light at first, it gets darker after setting and leaves more of a matte effect. My face looks more radiant and even since using this cream. Ultimately, this cream is a great alternative to foundation, especially if you don't want to spend the time applying primer and SPF in the morning. Definitely worth a try.

I love this CC cream! I have combination skin and it is perfect for me. I don't get oily in the middle of the day with this product and it stays on until I get home from work.

I walked into the store to purchase a light foundation to mix with the one I had been matched with which was too dark. I told the associate to excuse the flaking caused by my retinol product. She came back with a bottle of the It primer serum and the flakes were instantly gone. Then she used the CC Cream on top. I did not expect much. I looked amazing and it took a few years off my face.
The coverage was good enough to cover or diminish the look of a couple of age spots.
Apparently my other primer and foundation products were just to drying for my skin. After I left, I ran my errands and kept checking my face. There was no dryness and no pilling. Using these two products is so easy than applying four as I had to do previously.
The thrill of it all was that the associate was not an It rep. so she did not try to promote additional product.
I am 58 with skin on the dryer side and am fighting wrinkles. If your skin is like mine, sample it and expect to be pleased.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This really seems to be a "love it or hate it" product. I'm in the "love it" group. Got this as part of a Showstopper and it came with a flat paddle-type brush for applying it. I find I get really lovely results using the brush and one pump of the product. I have this in "Light" and the shade is perfect and looks natural. Sometimes, I have to be really careful just where my cheeks meet my nose or else foundations and similar products can settle into "dots" in my pores but that doesn't seem to happen with this. After applying with the brush, I use the flats of my hands to sort of "press" the CC cream into my face. I like that this isn't a totally matte product (unlike my Smashbox CC, which I use in summer, when it's humid and I appreciate a more matte finish). Some concealer on my under-eye circles and my skin looks perfect. I especially like using this mixed with a pump of Clarins Instant Light Complexion Illuminating Base (the new one or the "old" original) - one pump of that mixed with a pump of this CC cream and then blended on my fingers before dotting onto my face gives the nicest, dewy and flawless look. It has become my favourite way to wear this CC cream for evening or in the cooler weather (when it's hot, I "glow" enough most of the time not to need this step)

Interestingly, in Canada, this makes no claims about SPF and a sticker has been added to cover the "SPF 50" on the tube. On the tv promo, Jamie Kern had a bunch of labelled jars to represent all the products this CC replaces in her presentation but the one jar had to be labelled "titanium dioxide and zinc oxide" rather than SPF because this has not passed the Canadian testing for products making claims about sun protection (ditto Tarte BB Cream and now my beloved Clarins eye cream with SPF has been pulled from the market temporarily while it is tested to ensure it meets its claims).

Anyway, I like everything about this CC cream though I might find it a bit heavy for summer. Because I got this in a "Showstopper", the price was quite reasonable.

UPDATE: August 2014: This product has now been approved to be sold with its SPF claims as of a month or 2 back. The label covering the SPF rating has been removed and in her Shopping Channel pitches, Jamie Kern can now tout this as replacing your sunscreen in your daily routine.

And ANOTHER UPDATE: I was able to purchase the "supersize" tube of this a few months ago and I'm really happy. It was in a special offer on TSC so the price was outstanding and it's just so nice to have the larger size of something I use so frequently. This really is a fabulous product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a general rule I like BB and CC creams because my skin is dry and they provide a light layer of coverage, that I usually top with a light layer of a hydrating powder foundation. But this crap, no matter how I wore it; I tried several different primers, and several different finishing powders, would accentuate and create flakes I never even knew I had. I've never had any BB or CC cream or for that matter any liquid foundation do that. I am not even secure enough to try this again, the result was so bad that this is going straight back. Especially for the price, this is a big disappointment!