It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love this product! It gives my face a fresh and dewy look and I've gotten tons of compliments since I started wearing it several months ago. I'm already getting ready to repurchase when the Sephora VIB sale happens soon. And SPF 50? You can't hear that -- especially if you're fair, like me. Is the packaging AMAZING? No. But it's fine! Overall, a yes for me and I will be repurchasing.

I have a love and hate relationship with this CC cream. For reference I am a MAC NC 25 during the summer time and about MAC NC 20 during the winter time. I have this in the shade Light and it matches me during the colder months. As per coverage, it will give a solid medium coverage with a slight dewy finish on my combo skin (oily t zone). I normally apply this with my Beauty sponge and it blends perfectly. As per longevity, it lasts for about 8 hours depending if you set this with a powder and you’re wearing a primer underneath. Overall, I think it’s one of those face product that you use when you’re lazy and you can’t be bothered putting on a full face of makeup. However, I feel for the price is a bit steep for a cc cream since you can already buy a comparable foundation with higher coverage. However, if you have any coins to spare then it’s a must try. Hope this helps.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Really glad I only got a sample of this. It has medium coverage and a light citrus scent. I can't wear this on its own because the shade fair is too dark. I have been mixing this into my usual Josie Maran Vibrancy foundation to lighten it. It looks good at first, but as the day wears on my skin begins to look dry and a teeny bit cakey. Even when I wore it alone my skin looked more matte than I liked, so I know it is the cc cream. It's not a bad product. I just don't think it's right for me. I might save my sample and try it again in the spring/summer or get a sample of the illumination version. I think this product would be better for normal, combo, and even oily skin. Worth picking up a sample and trying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think I've given up on this product. It's a decent medium coverage foundation and the SPF is great but it's just not for me.

First off the SPF really works! I went to Machu Picchu and lost my sunscreen. I wore this and didn't get any color on my face at all.

The two areas I'm struggling with are color and dryness. First - color. I am easy to match in most brands but I can't seem to get a good match with this product. Fair is too light and light is too dark. If I mix them together it still doesn't work. The light match isn't terrible but it doesn't blend into my neck very well. That bugs me.

As for the dryness - yikes. After a couple of hours my face feels tight and dry. It's uncomfortable. I even used some hydrating spray. It still feels tight and dry.

This isn't a terrible product, it's just not for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Excellent coverage!!
Stays on!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product..I bought this after getting the suggestion from hotandflashy youtube channel,since i am 40+.I have to be choosy about my foundation..This one is a miracle...It certainly looked like my better skin..Good coverage..as well..Very good lasting power..I am nc40 -42.I bought this on medium,slightly light..thats ok with my winter skin.Will definitely repurchase.

I absolutely love this cc cream. It doesn't settle in my pores and covers my redness enough how I like it. It sits smoothly over my skin and I've always been into the natural model skin look, so this is the most perfect product I finally found that I enjoy and wear every time I wear my makeup! If your into full coverage matte skin.. you should pass. But if Your into the dewy no makeup makeup look, give this a shot. The only thing I hate is the shade range.. who doesn't they literally have 4 shades. Other than that, this is an A+++

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So wanted to love this product. It just separates on my skin. Doesn't matter what primer: It Cosmetics, Smashbox, Becca, nothing worked well with this CC foundation. By lunch time it was very noticeable separation to my T zone. Loved that it offers build-able coverage, just not for my oily T zone. Loved the pump, so hygienic. Loved that a little goes a long way. Hated that it separated.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such an odd product that I can't make up my mind how I feel about it. Some days I really quite like it and other days I hate it. I have it in 2 shades. Tan and Medium and I usually have to combine the 2 together to get the right shade. When you first put this on it looks like it's giving really good medium to full coverage but after it has had about 15-20 min to settle it sort changes to a light or light medium coverage. I don't really mind that as I prefer a lighter coverage but if you have used a full coverage concealer with it than the concealer will really become obvious as this cream slowly diminishes. Now even though it changes to a lighter coverage at no point does it feel light on the skin. It is very thick and you can definitely feel the product whenever you touch your face. I have full coverage foundations that feel 10 times lighter on the skin. It dries down if you put it directly on the skin with no other products underneath but I don't like the finish that gives me. If you put it over a primer then the finish is smoother but it stays tacky for a long time. There is also something very odd about the color. It goes on looking quite warm and luminous. The color doesn't change exactly but there is like some sort of grey undertone to it that leaves me looking dead and dull. Yet the finish is luminous. How is possible to look dead and luminous at the same time? LOL, I don't know, perhaps that dull undertone is caused by the sunscreen. Worst of all though is that it negatively impacts the condition of my skin. I wore this every day for 2 weeks and at that time I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on with my skin. It had become completely devoid of any moisture whatsoever. I started slathering hydration creams and masks on at nighttime trying to get some hydration back into my skin. At first I didn't make the connection between using the IT CC cream and my overly dry skin because I have pretty tough skin and rarely have any negative reactions to any cosmetics. When it did occur to me that perhaps this new skin problem might be related to the CC product, I immediately stopped using it and lo and behold within about a week my skin started to look better. Again I think this might be related to the high SPF. It is a physical sunscreen which has zinc as an ingredient which can be quite drying.

Now all that negativity aside I wouldn't say that this is a totally terrible product. It does give coverage and it can look nice but there is some trial and error to it. Use too much and it will look cakey and emphasis lines and wrinkles. Use to little and it won't look like it's doing anything at all. Use it on it's own and it might feel too dry and wear off too fast, use it over a moisturizer or a primer and it might never dry down and feel moist and tacky all day. It's also wears differently over different primers. So I feel like this can look really nice but you have to try wearing a variety of different ways with different products to find the best way to wear it. There are some days that I think it looks quite pretty and other days I wonder why I keep using it. Now I only use it maybe once or twice a week when I know I need some good SPF because it is far too drying for everyday use. I guess my skin is better suited to chemical sunscreens. Once it's gone I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using it as my only foundation for over nine moths - I'm on my third tube (the first one was small travel size, the rest regular ones). Each regular tube lasts me about five months. No breakouts, even in the tropical climate. Nice glow, stays half a day or a bit more, natural looking, economical ohh, and no breakouts - virtually the only foundation/bb except Boots Seventeen Magic BB that doesn't cause adult acne. I love the fact that the sunscreen is physical. I use a damp Real Technique sponge and put two thin layers with a five minute interval.
Cons: medium coverage, gets into my wrinkles.
NB I had a sample of the pink one with illumination and had a moderate breakout. Looked too shiny for my liking, whereas this one looks naturally healthy.
Edit after one year of use: I still love it (no break outs), but notice more and more faults: gathers in my lines, is a bit drying and the coverage is a bit too sheer. Haven't found any better BB/CC so will keep on using it, as the glow is really nice.