It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.7

My skin is perfected and plumped when I leave the house. I top this with Hourglass highlighting powders of various shades. I may or may not touch this up under my eyes with concealer midway thru the day. This is really working well for me since it has a lot of sunscreen protection and I find it less caky and greasy then other I have tried.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this due to the SPF 50 protection. It claims to be an "all in one" product but no. JUST NO. The coverage isn't full which is fine because I think it looks natural. Right after application, it looks FLAWLESS. I was impressed.

I tried going about my day with only the product applied to my face (as stated on the packaging). My face became a slip n slide for the CC Cream. The next time I tried the product with ELF HD Powder and it was less bad but it creases and settles into pores like crazy, especially around my mouth. Lastly, I tried primer + CC Cream + setting powder and it was not that bad. However, even without touching my face the cream does break down after a few hours and it looks quite hideous if you're too close to my face. I just think that there are better foundations for me to try out there.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but sadly it just felt so heavy on my skin, like i had a couple of layers of foundation on my skin. Which is strange since my skin is pretty dry. I prefer the laniege cushions over this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Actually because I just use up my Tarte BB tinted primer, I just try this out. Actually when I tested at Sephora, I choose Light-Medium which is only a little little bit brighter than my bare skin. I don't know why when I came back home, I found that the shade is darker than my skin ??? I don't think my skin can be brightening in only few days?!? Skip the shade, the texture is smooth and I love that texture. It doesn't cover well so anyone who need medium-full bb/tinted moisturizer, this is not yours. But If I finish this one, I don't want to repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a trial size when it was on sale and I really like the product. A small dab will cover my whole face and I find the coverage to be "just enough" for summer. Evens out my skin tone pretty well, which needs it. There is hyaluronic acid in it so it has a pumping effect which is nice, and it sets well with powder (I use ELF translucent compact with a brush).

I would buy more when I run out but I am turned off by the pump of the full size; they never work great. I wish it was a regular squeeze tube instead like the trial size.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had recently ran out of my staple CC cream by 'Juice Beauty' so I decided to give this a go. Bonus: it has a higher SPF - 50 as opposed to JB's 30 and it also has an ingredients list that reads like an encyclopedia of botanicals! Got it for $38 USD for 1.08 fl oz which per ml was significantly higher than JB.Unfortunately something in the mix, I'm guessing the citrus oils; gave me a rash on my nose and forehead after a week of applying every morning and I ended up giving this away. Disappointed to say the least as the coverage was perfect for me - not too heavy and cakey looking but light-medium. Oh well back to Juice Beauty it is...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Use to love this however I think the formula has changed since it is now breaking me out and my skin has become itchy! I have super sensitive skin and I have been wearing this for last few years with no problems until now.. Search is now on to find another foundation in the meantime wearing Clinique for now..

The perfect cc cream if you like a medium coverage. The texture is great and I like how it absorbs to my skin, I use a beauty blender. It really gives me that dewy skin look and it makes my face not more oily as it already is which I cannot say about other cc creams I have tried. Perfect Color match too! I use a translucent powder to finish the look and setting spray. But it’s not all day lasting, after a long day, it seems that the cc cream has partly „faded“.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally a CC cream with good coverage and good SPF. I use this in the summer instead of my Estee Lauder Doublewear light. Applies easily with fingers, and I don't have to bother with a beautyblender as it applies nicely. Good to take on vacation when you don't want a fussy foundation. Buildable, medium to full coverage. Dewy look, needs setting in my T-zone with translucent powder to avoid settling into lines. I don't use it around my eyes though - I stick to my eye concealer for that. It tends to lift a little on my chin and nose by partway through the day, so I find a little pat with powder or a powder foundation in those areas helps it stay all day. I just pat my chin and nose with my MAC powder foundation and it works great. Because it is medium to full coverage, I do follow up with a full face of eye makeup, bronzer or blush and a lip product to give me definition.

Ok so I also have a love hate relationship with this foundation. I first fell in love with it because it gave a nice dewy glowy finish without looking greasy or oily (I have combination skin), the colour matches my skin tone (neutral leaning on yellow), and it did not break me out whatsoever ( I have sensitive skin). Previously been using Clinique foundations and while they didn’t break me out, my skin looked dull with that on.
So this is a ‘my skin but better’ foundation.
My only gripe with it: It’s truly a light-medium coverage foundation, you can’t build it up AT all or else you run the risk of it looking cakey, uneven or actually a greasy mess. Don’t look to this for full coverage as I’ve tried a few times.
A little goes a long way with this product, it has good sun protection, it’s moisturizing and has a beautiful skin-like finish.

But if you like matte and full coverage from a foundation, look elsewhere. This is still a CC cream, albeit better coverage than other CC creams so maybe I was hopeful in Trying to build it up to full coverage. But no. Don’t do that.
Still a beautiful light-medium coverage foundation.