It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think I've given up on this product. It's a decent medium coverage foundation and the SPF is great but it's just not for me.

First off the SPF really works! I went to Machu Picchu and lost my sunscreen. I wore this and didn't get any color on my face at all.

The two areas I'm struggling with are color and dryness. First - color. I am easy to match in most brands but I can't seem to get a good match with this product. Fair is too light and light is too dark. If I mix them together it still doesn't work. The light match isn't terrible but it doesn't blend into my neck very well. That bugs me.

As for the dryness - yikes. After a couple of hours my face feels tight and dry. It's uncomfortable. I even used some hydrating spray. It still feels tight and dry.

This isn't a terrible product, it's just not for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Excellent coverage!!
Stays on!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product..I bought this after getting the suggestion from hotandflashy youtube channel,since i am 40+.I have to be choosy about my foundation..This one is a miracle...It certainly looked like my better skin..Good coverage..as well..Very good lasting power..I am nc40 -42.I bought this on medium,slightly light..thats ok with my winter skin.Will definitely repurchase.

I absolutely love this cc cream. It doesn't settle in my pores and covers my redness enough how I like it. It sits smoothly over my skin and I've always been into the natural model skin look, so this is the most perfect product I finally found that I enjoy and wear every time I wear my makeup! If your into full coverage matte skin.. you should pass. But if Your into the dewy no makeup makeup look, give this a shot. The only thing I hate is the shade range.. who doesn't they literally have 4 shades. Other than that, this is an A+++

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So wanted to love this product. It just separates on my skin. Doesn't matter what primer: It Cosmetics, Smashbox, Becca, nothing worked well with this CC foundation. By lunch time it was very noticeable separation to my T zone. Loved that it offers build-able coverage, just not for my oily T zone. Loved the pump, so hygienic. Loved that a little goes a long way. Hated that it separated.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such an odd product that I can't make up my mind how I feel about it. Some days I really quite like it and other days I hate it. I have it in 2 shades. Tan and Medium and I usually have to combine the 2 together to get the right shade. When you first put this on it looks like it's giving really good medium to full coverage but after it has had about 15-20 min to settle it sort changes to a light or light medium coverage. I don't really mind that as I prefer a lighter coverage but if you have used a full coverage concealer with it than the concealer will really become obvious as this cream slowly diminishes. Now even though it changes to a lighter coverage at no point does it feel light on the skin. It is very thick and you can definitely feel the product whenever you touch your face. I have full coverage foundations that feel 10 times lighter on the skin. It dries down if you put it directly on the skin with no other products underneath but I don't like the finish that gives me. If you put it over a primer then the finish is smoother but it stays tacky for a long time. There is also something very odd about the color. It goes on looking quite warm and luminous. The color doesn't change exactly but there is like some sort of grey undertone to it that leaves me looking dead and dull. Yet the finish is luminous. How is possible to look dead and luminous at the same time? LOL, I don't know, perhaps that dull undertone is caused by the sunscreen. Worst of all though is that it negatively impacts the condition of my skin. I wore this every day for 2 weeks and at that time I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on with my skin. It had become completely devoid of any moisture whatsoever. I started slathering hydration creams and masks on at nighttime trying to get some hydration back into my skin. At first I didn't make the connection between using the IT CC cream and my overly dry skin because I have pretty tough skin and rarely have any negative reactions to any cosmetics. When it did occur to me that perhaps this new skin problem might be related to the CC product, I immediately stopped using it and lo and behold within about a week my skin started to look better. Again I think this might be related to the high SPF. It is a physical sunscreen which has zinc as an ingredient which can be quite drying.

Now all that negativity aside I wouldn't say that this is a totally terrible product. It does give coverage and it can look nice but there is some trial and error to it. Use too much and it will look cakey and emphasis lines and wrinkles. Use to little and it won't look like it's doing anything at all. Use it on it's own and it might feel too dry and wear off too fast, use it over a moisturizer or a primer and it might never dry down and feel moist and tacky all day. It's also wears differently over different primers. So I feel like this can look really nice but you have to try wearing a variety of different ways with different products to find the best way to wear it. There are some days that I think it looks quite pretty and other days I wonder why I keep using it. Now I only use it maybe once or twice a week when I know I need some good SPF because it is far too drying for everyday use. I guess my skin is better suited to chemical sunscreens. Once it's gone I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using it as my only foundation for over nine moths - I'm on my third tube (the first one was small travel size, the rest regular ones). Each regular tube lasts me about five months. No breakouts, even in the tropical climate. Nice glow, stays half a day or a bit more, natural looking, economical ohh, and no breakouts - virtually the only foundation/bb except Boots Seventeen Magic BB that doesn't cause adult acne. I love the fact that the sunscreen is physical. I use a damp Real Technique sponge and put two thin layers with a five minute interval.
Cons: medium coverage, gets into my wrinkles.
NB I had a sample of the pink one with illumination and had a moderate breakout. Looked too shiny for my liking, whereas this one looks naturally healthy.
Edit after one year of use: I still love it (no break outs), but notice more and more faults: gathers in my lines, is a bit drying and the coverage is a bit too sheer. Haven't found any better BB/CC so will keep on using it, as the glow is really nice.

Ive been wanting to try this CC cream for years and was so excited when it came to Sephora in Canada. I got the shade Fair, which was slightly too light for me, however the light was slightly too dark and I wasn't about to buy two shades just to mix them. Shade range aside I had really high hopes and was extremely disappointed in the performance of the actual product.
1) Its super thick which I find makes it difficult to blend nicely into the skin. I also found I needed to use a lot of product to cover my entire face, and when I'm paying 50$ for a tube I want it to last me as long as possible.
2) I have dry skin but don't typically struggle with flakiness. However this makeup emphasized dry flaky skin I didn't even know I had
3) After working with it for a while It looked pretty good when I first applied it. However the lasting power isn't very good, I found I couldn't even get through my work day before it was breaking up and looking cakey and textured. As someone with dry skin, lasting power isn't something i ever struggle with so I was so surprised when I had to touch it up midway through my work day.

All in all, it is super hyped and maybe my expectations were too high but I was disappointed. It is way too overpriced for its mediocre performance. It wasn't terrible but for half the price I have foundations and CC creams that do a considerably better job.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get the hype.
It is a CC cream with medium coverage that does nothing to smooth, blur or anything else I found compelling about this.

The packaging is excellent as one can transport easily and the pump is excellent.

I've been using this for about 3 years now. I wear it underneath Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation and the 2 together make my skin look flawless. I can notice a negative difference in my skin when I don't use this. It covers well, is hydrating and leaves a dewy finish. In the winter I've always gotten flaky skin around my mouth and this seems to be the one thing that prevents it. The tube is kind of expensive but a little goes a long way.