It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

I like this foundation, not for the price necessarily but the product itself is decent. The coverage is amazing and it dries matte, but not too dry

I purchased this about 3 months ago from Ulta. I've only worn it twice before this weekend, so couldn't really review until now. I wore this the last 2 days while away. Both days were very hot, humid, and spent the majority outdoors, walking for roughly 5 miles minimum every day, in the blazing sun. This stuff stayed on my face - it didn't melt or sweat off. Unbelievable.

I have the color 'light', and its a really great match. At first putting it on, it always seems a tad too light, but after a few minutes, it melds into the skin and.............viola??

So obviously I got this for the skin ingredients and the sunscreen. I put this on bare, per the directions - no moisturizer, and I use my fingers to apply. It is creamy, not too thick, and a little seems to go a long way, and I love the tube with the pump. Very travel friendly. It does leave an overly-dewy/shiny look, so I just very lightly tapped some powder over it. This was very natural looking on me, and I think its because of the close color match. It did not accentuate any of the bad stuff: lines, wrinkles. It has great coverage without looking mask like.

I'm impressed with how it performed over my travel weekend. i will purchase again. $38 for the tube, which initially I thought was over priced, but now I know its worth it to me. This will last me quite a while as well.
'

I discovered this CC cream a few years ago at Ulta when I was looking for something to cover up my slight rosacea. I had all but given up on BB and CC creams but the wonderful MUA there suggested I try it. I fell in love immediately and it's really only one of the few makeup items I repurchase. I have it in three different colors so it matches me for every season. I never leave home without it on, and as someone who would never go out without a full face of makeup, I'm confident enough to throw only this on. If I have a big event then I will wear foundation over it but I rarely even need to. It lasts a good 6-8 hours, and if I need it longer then I just put some Lancôme powder over it and it smooths it over. I love this stuff and I pray they never stop making it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is close to perfection for me. I would give it a 5 if it was transfer proof.

I found the best way to apply this is with my fingers. I really rub into my skin vs bouncing it with a sponge or brush. I find it has better staying power with this method.

It gives me great, natural coverage with a gorgeous finish...no caking or settling into lines. It does get a little oily in my T zone, but a might dusting of powder takes care of it.

I wear it everyday in the medium shade, which matches me perfectly...I love the awesome skincare ingredients in it, too...and the mineral sunscreen protection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product is a must have in my collection, i will not be without it. Here is why:

PROS:
-natural looking (i have dry skin for the reference)
-long wearing (again, perhaps if you're oily it may not BUT...
-my face sweats a lot (TMI?) I'm not oily but have terrible anxiety so my face sweats a lot and this hold up to my most anxious moments
-I love the coverage, It's not completely full but enough to cover my redness and mild hyperpigmentation
-packaging is useful, you do get quite a good amount of product
-The SPF is great, although I always wear a separate sunscreen anyways

CONS:
-price is expensive, but I am willing to splurge on an item I can't dupe anywhere else
-Only found at ulta (sephora canada does not carry IT), although I buy mine on Beautylish for my canadian address and love the website, so it's not too bad

Overall I highly recommend this product

I love this foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I LOVE the SPF 50 and anti aging serum. It's like everything you need for daytime all in one! The only issues I have are the fruit oils (they can easily irritate sensitive skin) and the very limited color choices. I mean, Urban Decay's Naked Skin (HG) has what seems like 100 different color choices, lol. So I purchased Fair in this, it's not a perfect match but Light looked slightly orange on me, which is not good. I need something in between. Otherwise it would be 5 ⭐️

I have dry, mature, and sensitive skin with some pigmentation. This cc cream at first gives me medium coverage and two hours become light coverage. It give me a nice glow not oily glow on me. It last me all worked day(8 hours). It didn't sink in pores or fine line cost $39 at Sephora. At Sephora have mini size of this cc cream if want to try out and didn't want to spend for a full size the mini cost $15. I very like this cc cream. I bought mine in shade medium.

**Edit/Update**

I felt the need to update this earlier post because 5 weeks into using this stuff I am happier with my skin then I have been in years. This is not a first impression product by any means, this is a stick it out and you won't ever want to go back product. Initially on using this product I was upset with the lack of full coverage(because my skin needed it). Now after using it for 5+ weeks I hardly have a need for a full coverage foundation. The real sell of this product is the magic it does under it to your skin while you wear it. This CC cream has definitely helped brighten my skin and all but make disappear some of my long term acne scars. I can actually go out without makeup now and not feel like I need to duck if I see someone I know. I would have never called myself a person with good skin before but now I can which is such a weird feeling.

Anyways I will be repurchasing once it runs out, worth the money, especially since I am anticipating it will last me till the end of the 2nd month.

****

I'm Canadian so when I purchased this in the states it probably came out to just over $60 for a bottle so I have high expectations of it.

Cons:

With first application there was no wow moment that this product was really worth the money. I felt like it had decent coverage but definitely not full coverage. My blemishes and scarring were still visible but albeit minimized.

Also I wish this was longer wear because I'm just not the type of person who wants to do touch ups during the day. I found this product to wear off from a full-med coverage to a light-med coverage within a few hours. However the packaging does say to reapply regularly due to the SPF function but i just don't have the funds to be reapplying this stuff so liberally.

This product is advertised as doing wonders for under eye circles. I found this a gross exaggeration, my under eyes definitely look obvious with just this on.Another benefit listed is that of a moisturizer, I found my skin to be slightly dry from this at the end of the day.

After just 2 weeks of use the packaging and label is started to chip off. For a product I spent a decent amount on I don't like that this is happening and being slightly OCD it really bugs me.

Pros:

While I would never repurchase this item at this price point based off of only it's merits as a foundation, depending on how long this bottle lasts me it could definitely be worth a repurchase based off of the value of it's other added benefits alone.

For one the SPF 50 physical sunscreen is so important to me, I really want to avoid any further skin damage and chemical sunscreens make me break out without fail. While using this CC cream my skin has considerably cleared up and no new breakouts on the horizon. This is a major selling point to me.

One of the benefits they list is Brightening color corrector. I managed to irritate my skin from a face mask and my entire face looked bright red, I simply applied this right over top and it became a complete non issue. I do not usually have a lot of redness but if you do I could see this being 100% worth it's sticker price.

Other benefits such as anti-aging serum and a pore-less finish primer can get super expensive and the fact that these two items are included into the product I feel like I can justify a lot of the price with that. So far I can see the results of the primer but the jury is still out on the serum. No miraculous anti-aging has really occurred so far.

Overall:
Depending on if this product lasts me over a month I would repurchase. The main benefit to me is the look of my skin after I take off this product. My hopes are if I use this product for a few months it might improve so much I hardly have a need for foundation anymore. So far I feel way more confident to go makeup less than I did 2 weeks ago thanks to the way this has cleared up my acne and just given a good tone to my skin.

Although it is tough adjusting from full coverage expectations I am growing to like the more natural face look and I feel like I have been approached more because of it. The name "your skin but better" is pretty accurate to what you are buying just don't expect the full coverage.

Application tips:
A beauty blender made this go on thin so I would suggest using your(clean) fingers to first warm up and then apply from center outwards. If you need to focus on a blemish blending a dot of this with a beauty blender did work well though.

If you must apply product like a moisturizer underneath make sure to let it fully soak in first before application or the product wont sit or stay right.

After going into Ulta to originally buy Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, I was speaking with the sales assistant and he recommended this, he said "You won't regret it" my reply "I hope not" Trust me I'm the most self confessed fussy person when it comes to my foundation being perfect!! I'm most certainly a hard sell, and I WILL return foundations if they aren't right... much to my friends amazement... oh well, I pay good money so I want it right! I'm fed up of getting matched wrongly in these high end stores,, so I trusted this man and my word I'm glad I did!! My skin has never glowed so much, my flaws are covered, My skin looks so even, well rested and just so natural, not caked one bit.. I have a combination skin which I must say recently has been playing havoc, but I'm amazed how this product makes my skin look.. I'm a loyal Estée Lauder DW fan but I wanted something more for everyday and that looks natural,, and that's exactly what I got.. usually I take samples to try at home but with this I just went for it,, I'm so happy I did! I didn't even need concealer either, please try this.. I highly recommend.. I like the pump application, in total I used 2 pumps for the whole face and applied it with a RT buffer brush, but also fab application with the RT sponge too..