It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.9

I blame myself for even attempting to try a product with such a long ingredients list that includes, among other potential irritants, citrus essential oils. I know better, but so many people seem to love this product, and it's a wonderful concept...an anti-aging, medium to full coverage, satin finish foundation with physical spf...that I had to try it for myself. Even Angie from Hotandflashy likes it, and she's my age and as discerning as I am. I bought the travel size. But, within 4 days, my skin felt like fine sandpaper, and on the 5th day, I started getting random zits. I haven't had a zit in probably a year. I'm so bummed, because if they would create this product without the potential irritants, I would definitely use it, as it has a nice finish and very good coverage. I think they could expand the shade range, because the medium, which I think is the most popular color, should be made in a warm tone and a cool tone. As it is, it's a bit too neutral for my NC25-30 skin, and I looked a bit greyish. One other thing to note is that it's not exactly the lightest weight on the skin, so it needs a light hand when applying. 2 lippies for the concept, coverage, and the physical spf, and the company does have wonderful blushes, bronzers and eyeshadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have already gone through 2 tubes of this stuff. I'm not sure I can remember ever going through 2 of the same foundation. I usually find something I like better before then. This stuff is HG. I love the coverage and the finish. It's not perfectly matte, but it keeps me from looking oily (which I am). It covers my acne scars but doesn't look cakey. My only complaint is that the price is a little steep. But I'll keep paying it because I love it so much.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This product deserves all the hype surrounding it!! I was never able to try this since Ulta is not very close to me, but when I heard it was at Sephora, I got a sample as soon as I could. When trying this, I was testing several other CC cream options at the time, but this one blew all of the others away. My skin looks so flawless wearing this. It looks poreless, smooth, and glowing.The wear time is amazing. How it looks at the beginning of the day is exactly how it looks at the end of the day. Even though it's a CC cream, there are no issues with coverage. With the other CC cream I was trying, I had to apply a lot to get anything near light-medium coverage. With just a couple small dots on my face, this covers any imperfections that may be on my skin. It's also very buildable and never gets cakey on me. The only con is that the shade range is not very extensive, but that can be expected from a CC cream line (many only have 3 shades). Love this stuff!

This has been the only CC/BB cream that I have ever used that I have throughly loved and enjoyed.

I am NC 35, I got the color TAN because medium was a tad bit too light and I have enough BB creams that are way too light mask-like for me. Tan is unfortunately too dark but I still love it.

The coverage is wonderful, it is moisturizing without being super greasy. It has a soft glow finish, it looks like a fresh face.

I apply it using a big kabuki brush or the RT buffing brush. It blends out beautifully without being cakey. It gives my skin a natural appearance and it still covers my scars and pores. I sometimes use a bb for an even more natural finish, but I feel like the BB doesn't cover the scars as well (maybe if had zero dark marks, i could do this)

I'm going to buy Medium soon, so I can mix it with the tan to get the right color. I tried to mix it with my other bb creams, but it doesn't seem to work. It ends up cakey and gross.

It doesn't last forever though, maybe 5/6 hours. With powder it lasts longer, but I lose that glowy effect. So its a great for the office without looking super made up.

I would give it a lower score because of the lack of colors, but I love it so much that I'm willing to forgive the range.

Update: April 2017 - I bought medium too and I mix the 2 for my perfect shade. Just heard that they're going to make a color called medium-tan, yeeees! I use this everyday, it has such great coverage I don't even use concealer most days, my scars peak through but I'm human. To make it last, I top it off with a bit of powder foundation. I truly love this, I can't mess it up, I just use my fingers to blend most days.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased shade medium. I'm about NC30-35. The shade is probably a tad too light but can work once bronzer is applied. Consistency is creamy but not thick. The smell is citrusy in a washing detergent way which I wasn't fond of. It didn't smell like a natural citrus and I'm not usually sensitive to fragrance but this was Off putting.
I have oily combo skin and most foundations or BB/CC creams need blotting after 4-5hours. So for me it's more bout what happens when I blot and the appearance there after.

I apply my mineral veil primer from hourglass which is my go to for oil control then I went in with this with a flat top kabuki. Easy to apply, coverage is a high medium and doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. The finish is more dewy than satin and doesn't really set. I set it with Laura Mercier Translucent powder. It looked ok. Once I added bronzer it looked a lot better. I have olive undertones and none of the shades lean yellow or olive unfortunately.

After 4 hours this was super shiny so I blotted and it looked ok. Nothing special. Nothing to brag about. Another two hours later it was slipping around and breaking down in a patchy way.
So for the beneficial ingredients such as skincare and sunscreen, unfortunately for me it doesn't override how mediocre(at best) it looks. Thought about saving it for just the beach but then I'd have to add bronzer for the shade to look right and I'd look hideous with a slippery face, better off going with a bare face!
Suggest to get a sample before you buy because it isn't cheap!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have a back up of this in my makeup bag. This is my (Casual) makeup go to. I love this when I am running errands and do not want a full face of makeup. This evens my skin and gives me a healthy overall glow. This product is best when applied with your fingers. I have also used a brush and have had good luck with that too. I have VERY oily skin and this does not make me a grease ball. It is my favorite easy makeup product.

I've been using It cosmetics for some time I love this product it doesn't feel heavy and I see an improvement in my overall skin. I highly recommend

I'm a big fan of BB creams and buildable coverage foundation. I thought that this product would be a harmonious marriage between the two.

The first problem I have is that I can't stand the smell! It smells very strongly of a tropical/chemical scent. It fades pretty fast but when I first apply it, I feel sick to the stomach.

Second, the color selection is off. I bought it in Medium and I'm an NC35. It was way too dark on me and the tone itself was on the orange side.

Third, coverage was disappointing. Almost all of the other BB creams I've tried had much better coverage and with less product used.

Fourth, consistency is watery. I typically prefer BB/CC creams that have a creamier texture.

I bought this during the Sephora VIB sale as an impulse purchase. Will definitely be returning.

Obviously not repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I would give this a 4.5. My skin is a mess - acne scars, sun spots, redness, dry spots, crow's feet, dark circles - you name it. I need a full coverage foundation but the last few years all brands feel like a mask, I'm just tired of wearing all that makeup, plus my life circumstances have changed dramatically so I often have very little time to get presentable. My daughter is a makeup artist and she recommended this CC cream. My skin is very dry so I wear it over moisturizer; a pea sized blob dotted on my face does the job, I blend it with my fingers. If I'm really in a hurry I add It Cosmetics cheek and lip balm in Rose and go, otherwise I pat concealer on the worst spots and set with a little powder which gives enough coverage to satisfy me and still feels light and comfortable. It has a pleasant grapefruit scent that only lasts during application, the texture spreads evenly and I find blending medium and tan together give me the best color match. I've been using this for a couple months and I do think my skin looks a little better overall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am really liking the IT cosmetics your skin but better SPF 50 CC cream. I purchased it in medium. I normally can not do CC or BB creams because the either contain octinoxate or bismuth oxychloride, or talc which are items that break me out not to mention can be harmful to you. I am proud and happy to report that this product does NOT contain any of these harmful and irritating items in it! Not to mention it's SPF 50 too!

The coverage is full coverage, and it feels medium light, which means you can feel it on your skin but it is not weighing your skin down and/or feels heavy. It has a slight citrus scent that goes away in after a few minutes. The finish is velvet matte for me. This is an all in one product which means you AREN'T supposed to use a moisturizer, serum or primer even. The first time I used this, I put on my regular routine of serums & moisturizer and then this product which made it very dewy. By mid day I was super shiny, and I felt like my makeup was melting off of my face. I was not impressed. Second time I tried it without anything, that's right folks I washed my face put toner and then this CC cream. It was much better this time without all serums and moisturizers that I normally use. It sinks into the skin and evens my skin tone. I have acne scarring on my cheeks this made it even in coloring and less noticeable. I topped it off with the IT your skin but better CC powder SPF 50 which softened the look of my acne scars even further.
I will say that without all my usual skin routine this feels slightly dry to start off with, but I live in Orlando FL so it is hot and humid here so this is great with my combination leaning towards oily skin in an hour or so the makeup looks/feels perfect. If you have more mature or drier skin I would suggest using your regular serums and moisturizers prior to using this product. This product does not cling to my acne or dry skin areas which is a plus, and it doesn't crease into my wrinkles or crack in my chin area.
Overall I would give this 4.5 stars. Packaging is nothing to talk about it's a tube with a pump dispenser. The product's coverage is great and can be built up. I love the fact that this now takes my routine down to 1 product to put on my face in the A.M. It lasts about 6-7 hours in Orlando humidity. The finish is nice, velvet matte without any of my regular skin products, and dewy with my regular skin routine. It does not irritate my skin or breaks me out which is wonderful because I am so prone to breakouts. I would purchase this again.