CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In general, it's an ok product. I find that I really have to blend to make it work. It does give a brightening effect...which I like. It's a shade too yellow for me though. I wear the lightest shade and I find its little dark for me (strawberry blond, fair skin with pink undertones). It's on the thicker side as for consistency...although not at thick as the Clinique BB cream (yuck!). A little goes a long way too. So despite it being pricey...one tube will last a long time.

Will I buy again? Probably not. I think there is a better CC cream out there that will match my skintone better.

on 6/16/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I know I'm in the minority here but I was actually very disappointed with this cc cream. I already use clinique bb cream and I was expecting this to be better but I have to say I much prefer the bb cream!

Application: cc cream very runny and makes a mess on fingers. Works better with a sponge. BB cream spreads smoothly and easily applied with fingers. Feels more like a face cream. Cc cream more like a runny foundation.

Coverage: cc cream very sheer and pink! Definitely not for yellow undertoned or olive skin. Requires a lot of product to cover blemishes. Bb cream has medium to full coverage and far less product needed (more economical in long run).

The look: I have dry skin and even the cc cream felt a bit too oily for me. Looked shiney not dewey! Had to use powder over top which for a dry skinned person is unheard of! Bb cream, although can feel dry and tight at times works well over a good moisturiser and comes in handy in the hot summer months. Bb cream leaves a neutral finish (not matte nor dewey)

Staying power: (see review for bb cream) lasts very long! Even after a long day outdoors. Cc cream faded after 4hrs and needed touching up with added concealer and I was only indoors.

In conclusion, I will stick to clinique bb cream. It delivered more than this cc cream.

....

My friend gave me her sample of this CC cream and it lived up to my expectations. It was easy to apply on my skin and it did cover some of my dark spots around my cheeks. The packaging is nice, compact and it was easy to squeeze the cream out of the tube. The cream stayed on for a good 2 hours before my skin started to oil a little. I had to touch up a few times because the cream did not stay on for too long. It lasted for a mere 3 hours tops. It is slightly oily but the coverage is not bad.

Have three shoe boxes of foundation and finally found one I love. Tanned so using medium. Healthy glow. Good but natural cover. Stays on much better than expected. Well done Clinique.

on 5/22/2013 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product seemed decent. It didn't work for me, but I can tell it'd definitely work for others.

It seems this would work well for someone with oily-ish skin and wants a 1-step cream for her face.

I found that it tended to blend patchily because my skin was very dry, and when I wore moisturizer or sunscreen under it, it was kinda clumpyish. But I have seen it work for others so its just hit or miss

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally able to do my review! I've tried this all yesterday and today, long days!
Right away I can tell you I am a NC20- I have been matched to the palest shade 'light' which appeared fine in the shop- but is like a NW25- sooo not light at all! So today I tanned my body, because yesterday I looked orange. It applies SUPER dewy, the texture is thick but feels moisturizing on the skin. Its like a light/medium coverage.

I set with powder and out the door I went- Had to blot and re powder a few times. Today about 4 times. It lost some coverage throughout day but not all.

Would not repurchase because I have used drugstore BB Creams better. DR JART, loreal. and overall better foundations. I think this would be better for darker skin, slightly more dehydrated skin that needs a boost. But personally I would steer oily skin and pale people away from this. For all darker skin girls who want a bb/cc cream this would be better for you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this product as a sample at Sephora to compare with the Smashbox CC Cream and honestly the two don't even compare. I HATED this CC Cream. I usually like a bit of a luminous finish but this took it to a whole new level I literally looked fake like I rubbed shimmer oil all over my face. It didn't offer the kind of coverage I was looking for either. All in all I would NOT recommend this CC Cream.

on 5/10/2013 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My girlfriend gave me a sample of this CC Cream and I liked the texture and it was easy to blend into my skin, however it did not cover my red areas well.

I have a bad case of rosacea and acne scars around my cheeks and chin. This CC Cream has 6 shades but none of the shades suited my skin tone. The lasting power is pretty good but I did not like the way the felt on my skin. I find this cream more of an advanced tinted moisturiser than a proper CC Cream.

on 5/7/2013 11:57:00 AM

Got a sample supply at Clinique in Light. Currently use a moisturizer then Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 then Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup (foundation built into it - now discontinued and will be switching to Mac Studio Fix Powder, a similar product). This gives me a matte look. I was hoping to use the CC Cream as a substitute for the moisturizer and sunblock, still using the powder. But the CC Cream is too heavy for my purpose - it really is a foundation and I did not find it lightweight, as advertised. I have read other reviews that said the sun block feature wasn't the best.