CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.3

on 4/30/2013 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have porcelain skin and chose the CC cream in very light which is a good match. I really like that this has spf 30 cream. It applies easily to the skin and can be worn on its own or with foundation. Often, I just apply this and then use Maybelline Fit Me powder or Make Up Forever Pro Finish powder and I am done. This does not feel heavy or greasy on the skin at all. Does not cause my combination skin to break out either. though it can be a little drying on my skin. This does not provide enough color to cover the light redness on my cheeks and does not last long on my skin.

on 4/22/2013 8:27:00 PM

I've only worn this for the past few days, so once I "road test" it a little longer, I may change this review. After seeing the ads, I felt like I needed to try this. I've been happy with my LM TM, but I'm not loyal to foundations and always want to see if there's something better out there.

My first take: it looked kinda pale on me at first. I'm an NW15, so I was really torn between the Light and Very Light, and I went with the Very Light. After a few minutes, it looked natural. After a few hours, I looked in the mirror while I was washing my hands and thought, "My skin looks really good today!" completely forgetting that I had used this.

The coverage is lighter than the BB creams I've tried and comparable to LM TM. It's really more of a TM than a BB cream. It does even out my skin. I wouldn't count on the SPF for your sun protection--I put it on pretty liberally this morning and (after spending the day at the zoo), do see that I got a little sun. If you want more coverage, you'll need a "real" foundation over this, and if you (like me) are on the fair side, you'll want a true sunscreen.

So far I really like this. While I don't think it's necessarily a new HG, it's nice enough that I'm thinking twice about rebuying LM TM.