Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In general, it's an ok product. I find that I really have to blend to make it work. It does give a brightening effect...which I like. It's a shade too yellow for me though. I wear the lightest shade and I find its little dark for me (strawberry blond, fair skin with pink undertones). It's on the thicker side as for consistency...although not at thick as the Clinique BB cream (yuck!). A little goes a long way too. So despite it being pricey...one tube will last a long time.

Will I buy again? Probably not. I think there is a better CC cream out there that will match my skintone better.

on 6/15/2013 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am an NC15 in Mac (very fair with neutral undertones) and the shade "Very Light" in the Clinique CC cream is PERFECT for me. I read about this product on my favourite beauty blogs, and I held out buying the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in "Porcelain" (which I found to be just meh from trying samples) and waited and waited for the Clinique CC cream to arrive in Canada. This product was a month late hitting the shelves here, but I finally got my hands on it and wow, it was absolutely worth the wait. It smells like sunscreen, which I love, and the SPF of 30 is wonderful as I already use Clarin's face sunscreen which has an SPF of 40. The coverage of the CC cream is so neat..I have some redness in my cheeks, chin and nose and just a light amount of this product buffed into my skin with my Real Techniques buffing brush really does the trick!! It's quite dewy so I dust a bit of my Rimmel matte powder over it to set it after adding some concealer where I need it. This lasts all day, and it covers the redness extremely well. What a cool product! I will re-buy this always, and I like it better than any tinted moisturizer or BB cream that I have tried (Dior BB, Clinique BB, Mac BB, Laura Mercier TM, Nars TM, Sephora CC, etc etc). This is miraculous!

UPDATE: I ended up returning this *sigh*, I love it, but it just felt too thick for what I am used to, even though I have fairly small pores, the CC cream seemed to sit in them and didn't spread very easily. It just felt too heavy for me, especially for the summer. I went and bought the Dior BB cream even though the colour match wasn't as good (Dior's is more pinkish). It's a thinner consistency and still gives ok coverage and it seems to last just as well as Clinique's CC cream. I'm so sad, I wanted to love this CC cream so badly and I wanted it to be the answer to my skin base prayers! :(

on 6/13/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my new HG product!!

I have been raving about it ever since my first application. I have it in light and also light/med - botth of which are too dark for my skin. I'm not one to ever go darker with foundations and the like but with CC it actually blends beautifully and gives me a holiday glow. I've tried the very light and it matches me perfectly but is too pale for summer. Also tried the peach which isn't available at all counters and that's my best match so far and will be my next purchase :)

It corrects, protects and perfects! SPF 30 is awesome, part of the moisture surge range so is hydrating, oil free so great for my skin type, and has optic technology where it bounces the light giving a very natural and radiant look to the skin.

When my skin is behaving I use it on it's on. When it's blemished I use it as a base under my doublewear or whatever foundation I'm in the mood for.

Buy this you won't regret it!!

on 6/3/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. My skin is somewhat oily, especially in the T-zone, with red patches and some acne/scars. It completely smooths all that out, yet is not as thick and is definitely not "cakey" like the foundation I was using.

Ever since I got this product, I have been getting compliments like, "Your skin is glowing," "I can't tell that you ever had acne," "Your skin looks beautiful," etc.

It seems to stay on all day, although if I touch or rub my face during the day, I find it helpful to reapply the CC cream midday.

I have been using it only a few weeks, so I can't tell how long the package will last. All I know is that I need very little to cover my whole face. Because I don't need to use foundation on top of the CC cream, this product makes getting ready in the morning so much faster!

I will definitely be buying this again, and have been recommending it to everyone!

on 5/18/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was browsing the makeup/skincare section at my local department store looking for a good bb/cc cream that I can easily put on by itself. I was quite intrigued by Clinique's moisture surge cc-cream as I have oily and dehydrated skin, with uneven skin tone (i'm slightly pinkish on my cheeks).

The SA was kind enough to offer to use the cc-cream on my whole face (they ran out of samples). The shade she used was Natural. To my surprise, after application, my skin tone was even, my acne scars are less obvious and my skin looks so much better!

To be honest, when I was trying out the Clinique cc-cream, I had already purchased a BB cream from Laneige. I was so impressed by this cc cream that I returned the BB cream immediately!

Pros:
- Decent coverage. The shade matched my skin tone perfectly. It gave me a very natural look and it doesn't look cake-y!
- Easy to apply and absorb. It does not require much blending unlike my previous Bobbi Brown BB cream.
- Can wear the cc cream on its own.

Cons:
As I have oily skin and live in an extremely humid place, I needed to blot my t-zone after 3 to 4 hours. But in comparison with other bb creams & primers, this cc-cream has adequate oil control. I think people with dry or normal skin should have no problem with this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this product as a sample at Sephora to compare with the Smashbox CC Cream and honestly the two don't even compare. I HATED this CC Cream. I usually like a bit of a luminous finish but this took it to a whole new level I literally looked fake like I rubbed shimmer oil all over my face. It didn't offer the kind of coverage I was looking for either. All in all I would NOT recommend this CC Cream.

on 5/12/2013 9:13:00 AM

review this for my sister in-law . She has dry skin. The CC cream give her a dewy look that she like. She also like that it gives her a sheer coverage. Great for dry skin. It come in 6 shades. it cost $35 dollars at Macy.

on 5/10/2013 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is not oil-free as someone previously mentioned, the second ingredient is squalane, a lipid (oil) from olive.
Suddenly oil-free is angelic and manufacturers are afraid to sub label the product that contains oil.
Squalane is the second ingredient on the list.
In short, I love this product, both sides of my face is dry, dry, I put on moisturizer followed by this, with a dust of powder over the T-zone, all of a sudden, my skin just glows. I used to warm up some cream on my palm throughout the day & press it on my face to keep it moist. With this on, I did not feel the need, plus the spf 30 and the colour match is great as well. Even some flaws & uneveness showed thru, yet with the "glow" this provides, it doesn't matter that much anymore.
I used light-medium and this should match NW 25-30 or NC 30-35.

on 4/30/2013 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have porcelain skin and chose the CC cream in very light which is a good match. I really like that this has spf 30 cream. It applies easily to the skin and can be worn on its own or with foundation. Often, I just apply this and then use Maybelline Fit Me powder or Make Up Forever Pro Finish powder and I am done. This does not feel heavy or greasy on the skin at all. Does not cause my combination skin to break out either. though it can be a little drying on my skin. This does not provide enough color to cover the light redness on my cheeks and does not last long on my skin.

on 4/22/2013 8:27:00 PM

I've only worn this for the past few days, so once I "road test" it a little longer, I may change this review. After seeing the ads, I felt like I needed to try this. I've been happy with my LM TM, but I'm not loyal to foundations and always want to see if there's something better out there.

My first take: it looked kinda pale on me at first. I'm an NW15, so I was really torn between the Light and Very Light, and I went with the Very Light. After a few minutes, it looked natural. After a few hours, I looked in the mirror while I was washing my hands and thought, "My skin looks really good today!" completely forgetting that I had used this.

The coverage is lighter than the BB creams I've tried and comparable to LM TM. It's really more of a TM than a BB cream. It does even out my skin. I wouldn't count on the SPF for your sun protection--I put it on pretty liberally this morning and (after spending the day at the zoo), do see that I got a little sun. If you want more coverage, you'll need a "real" foundation over this, and if you (like me) are on the fair side, you'll want a true sunscreen.

So far I really like this. While I don't think it's necessarily a new HG, it's nice enough that I'm thinking twice about rebuying LM TM.