CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Straight
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.3

I love Clinique skin care products so when I was looking for a cc cream I saw this one and thought it would be great. I was also super happy that it had SPF 30. But I find that the product is too thick and its hard to spread around my face so when I apply it I have a 1:1 ration of cc cream and moisturizer to thin it out a bit for an easier application. I must say it does match my skin tone well (I have the shade very light and I have fair skin with cool undertones.) Overall I will not be repurchasing because of the consistency.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to CC cream on the weekend days or weekdays I don't feel putting on foundtation. It's incredibly moisturizing and gives a nice glow to my skin. It doesn't give heavy coverage but my face looks much more even with it on. I have the light for colder months and light-medium for late spring and summer.

on 5/23/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been looking for the perfect cc or bb cream for a while - i wanted something i could wear on holiday that gives me coverage, but isn't too heavy and doesn't melt as soon as you go in the sun! I've used a few bb creams and found them all too heavy and orange but this cream is near perfect for me - i am very pale and foundations tend to go crusty on my skin, but this cc cream didn't! I use it after i wash and tone, like i would a foundation and find it gives me coverage, without looking like i've got a full face of liquid foundation on! I apply a light bit of powder, too, and love the look it gives! I really recommend it for anyone pale (i use the lightest colour and it isnt orange at all) or for anyone who likes a bit of coverage whilst on holiday as it doesn't melt and stays on all day.

Didn't like this product. Have combination oily skin and it just made my face look even oiler. Have now come to the conclusion that I need a foundation or bb cream that is matte, not dewy or luminous as in my experience, they just don't work on oily skins. Trying to give myself a "glow" is just not working!

I still don't get CC creams. I got a generous sample of Light shade from a helpful Clinique SA. I have been using La Roche Posay Uvidea BB cream and quite like it. Since CC creams offer more coverage, I decided to try it. The Clinique CC cream is thicker and harder to apply than the LRP BB cream and Dior Nude foundation. I applied it over the moisture surge extended relief gel moisturiser. It takes ages to blend using my fingers and there were still splotches. I had to use a sponge to blend it out. If I have to go to the trouble of using tools other than my fingers, I might as well use my foundation which gives a better finish and the shade fits me way better than this CC cream. It made my face shiny (too much dewiness) and I needed to use powder to tone it down. When I sweat, it can slide off my face as well. The colour is too pink for my yellow Asian skin tone. Again, why bother? I gave 3 stars because it does even the skin tone IF the shade matches and it did last quite a while on the face.

I really love this! My skin is very sensitive/reactive, acne-prone and combo-oily leaning dehydrated. To add to that fun, silicones are an instant breakout-trigger for me, and we all know how 98% of foundations/BB/CC creams are loaded up with them. I actually had to read through the ingredients list of this CC cream about 5 times to convince myself that it really and truly is free of 'cones!

On to the review: on application, it does feel a little sticky/tacky, but I find that that disappears quickly once it's blended in to my skin. I've used both my fingers and a brush to apply, and both methods work well, though I might prefer using fingers as I find the warmth of my hands helps this to spread more easily. Once on, it feels like wearing nothing at all. Living in a warm, humid place as I do, this is a huge factor for me.

The coverage is sheer-to-light. What I love most about it is not so much the coverage but how it seems to generally even out and brighten up my skin without caking pigment all over my face. It is truly is a "my skin, but better" look. I have fairly decent skin most of the time, but some slight redness around my nose and mouth, and the occasional minor blemish. This CC cream doesn't exactly cover the redness, but still manages to make my skin much more even and balanced. I don't know how it does it, but it's almost magical.

The finish is on the dewy side. For everyday/daytime wear, I prefer this. For evenings out, I apply this CC cream and also blend a tiny bit of full-coverage foundation (EL DW Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup, which is amazing when used sparingly) over my more reddened areas, and then set it all with powder. That creates, for me, my ideal face--enough coverage to hide redness/minor blemishes, but not so much that my own skin isn't able to show through.

As mentioned earlier, almost everything breaks me out. I've worn this about 5 times now, and have had no problems AT ALL. I've even worn this at work (I teach hot yoga) and my skin is still seeming to love this. I just almost can't believe it....!

At $35, I think this is too pricey to wear every day. But given how finicky my skin is and how pleased I am with the look and feel of this on my skin, I will buy it again in a heartbeat when my tube starts to run low.

For reference, I have neutral-light skin and the shade Light works very well for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Evens out skintone nicely and looks quite natural. Reasonably long-wearing. However, it has a really shiny finish, so if you have oily skin, it'll just make your face look wet.

on 7/24/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this and returned it within a week. It's very hard to bend, never got a good application with it and you had to use a lot of product to cover your face. The colors were off too, too pink fort skin tone even though it was my shade. Felt it just sat on too of my face instead of absorbing. I gave it two stars because the packaging is nice. It's also pretty pricey.

Full disclosure: I have never tried this product. I read the reviews here and was super psyched to try this out, but the moment I smeared it on the inside of my wrist, I knew it wasn't for me. How? I tried the three lightest shades, and all of them were incredibly PINK-toned. Seeing as none of the top reviews mentions this...and it's kinda important...here I am to help!

Matching a foundation (or in this case, a BB cream) to your skin tone starts with identifying your skin's undertone. Most people are one of three: pink, yellow, or neutral. ("Neutral" is usually meant by most people as "neither pink nor yellow", which I think is unhelpful. I like thinking of it as olive skin, or as having "ashy" undertones.) Anyway, if you're fair skinned like me, you might have some trouble picking out your undertone, since you're, well, a shade of white. But....in a completely non-racial sense, you're not white!!

The classic colour-matching technique is to put some on the inside of your wrist. Because I'm usually a little tanned (no Twilight glow), I actually test the TOP of my wrist because I usually pick a colour slightly paler than my skin tone anyway. DON'T BLEND IT IN! Most foundations will "disappear" with enough blending...except it actually doesn't, it just looks like it does under the store lights. BB creams are pretty difficult to colour match given the limited choices, and if you pick the wrong undertone, the high pigmentation of BB creams can make it really obvious.

MY TEST! Just squeeze out a dollop and smear it thickly on the top of your wrist. THEN, compare yourself against a fairly yellow-toned BB (i.e. Too Faced BB Cream in Vanilla Glow or Cream Glow), and see which undertone works best for you. Once you've figured out your undertone, you can match for lightness/darkness by blending along the jawline, nose and forehead. Once you've picked the right colour, you're on the right path to finding the BB formula that suits your skin!

Moving away from the mini-tutorial, the reason why I'm writing a review is, if you were not sure what your undertone was before, Clinique CC Cream will help you find out! It is REALLY pink. As in, this may seem too pink for most, even pink-toned people. Seeing as it works for many MUA peers, don't panic! Just try my test and see which undertone better suits you! You will probably have to get some samples and wear it in natural sunlight to really know.

And for those of you who know you aren't pink-toned, it's too pink ;)