Estee Lauder Knowing

Estee Lauder Knowing

3.8

Top Notes: Rose, Tuberose, Mimosa, Plum Middle Notes: Jasmine, Patchouli, Orange Flower Base Notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber

on 9/21/2008 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I will give it this - it lasts forever. And while not altogether unattractive with my chemistry, it is just nothing special. Luca Turin lauded this as a wonderful "mossy rose" - the moss I get but sadly the rose is nowhere to be found.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a dead-sexy floral chypre. This is the fragrance of a confident, sexy, tastefully dresses in black, woman, regardless of age. This fragrance is a mossy rose and all goth. A little goes a long way -like most of EL's classic fragrances. Remarkable.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This fragrance definitely has a cult following! I used to work for Lauder and it would always sell, even if it wasn't gift with purchase time. If it was, we would have to stock up! It's definitely a distinct fragrance that doesn't really smell like any other. It has that 80s scent to it, kind of musky and strong. Once it settles down on the skin it's quite nice.

Top Notes: Rose, Tuberose, Mimosa, Plum
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Patchouli, Orange Flower
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber

I was introduced to this perfume by a ex boyfriend, a guy with excellent taste...when i first snnifted it i didnt like it too much. But in time i end up loving it.It s right for the woman who is "knowing" , a confident woman.Its not a popular perfume, and that makes me loving it more, i wouldnt like smelling commoun.

For the past 15+ years I've been almost ashamed to admit I love this, to the point of sneaking to EL counter to purchase it. Why(?)perfume snobs dismiss it for being cheap, etc. Can't keep this a secret any longer, it is one of the best intoxicating scents out there-still. I can only hope EL doesn't discontinue it.

on 5/9/2008 6:32:00 AM

Described in the blurb as a floral chypre I decided to test this as chypres always do well on my skin. Also they are less numerous so I thought Yipee! a chypre I can get easily. The top notes are floral, orange and green, middle which is the reason I bought it, profoundly chypre but the d/d on me is reminiscent of a babies nappy, and it lasts a long time. not bad enough to scrub it off but a bit stinky. reminds me of old Intimate by Revlon which I also couldn't wear for the same reason. I purchased E de P and I suspect that the toilette would have been a better choice. This scent smells wonderful on my redheaded friend though.

on 5/4/2008 4:30:00 PM

I've had Knowing as a gift and I'm really happy with it. I really like the smell and it stays very long ;-)

on 4/29/2008 12:31:00 AM

I discovered Knowing only a year ago. But in that time it has become the staple in my fragrance line-up. It's the one I reach for when I don't have a definite idea in mind - my sort of in between scent, it's not-too-heavy (aka cinnabar which I love on really cold days), & not too light (aka shalimar light for summer days). I don't like Knowing that much when I first apply it, I almost have to walk around a bit to try and get away from myself. But after this initial intensity (about 1/2 hr) it dries down on me to a lovely incensey-powdery scent with a rich floral undertone. I also get more compliments when wearing this than any other fragrance.

on 3/23/2008 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I first used Knowing in high school. I had a small EdP and used it sparingly but lovingly. I've meant to buy a bottle again on and off through my 20's but I never did. I recently tested this again as I was visiting an aunt who wears nothing else but Knowing. It's still as compelling as ever. It's so clean and crisp, yet there is complexity in there (as opposed to all the same old green/water scents)

I don't understand why I haven't had a full bottle of this since high school...

on 2/14/2008 5:42:00 AM

I tested it yesterday for the first time because I mistook it for cinnabar at first. I was pleasantly surprised after the first 15-20 mins. To me it smells very clean, muscy, soapy and elegant. I did not detect any spiciness or aldheydes as others mention here and to me its more formal and elegant than sexy. I find it the most easily wearable perfume of the 80's clan by Estee Lauder and quite different from the rest. I really liked it, but at this time of the year (winter) it's too fresh and clean for me, so I do prefer cinnabar and youth dew to this one. But I was intrigued, I will retry again on spring since it's not heavy and lasts well into the day.

Popular Fragrances