NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.1

on 11/1/2017 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Another failed concealer for my under-eye dark circles. I am very fair so I bought Chantilly and it is too pale for even a pasty faced woman like me. I am of Irish descent and I did not think anything could be too pale and after reading comments about the Vanilla turning orange, I didn't want to chance that. Anyway, too light, almost looks like white grease paint. Texture is not great, seems drying. I really looked forward to this because I LOVE Nars blusher. This concealer for me is a major fail and I will not purchase it again. I consider this to be a waste of a fair amount of money.

on 10/25/2017 9:12:00 PM

I find this concealer pretty cakey and drying. That said, it does offer good coverage.

The formula reminds me of MAC's select cover-up, but the packaging between the two products are super different. I actually prefer the little tube that MAC's select cover up concealer comes in as it's more sanitary than applying concealer with a wand.

In terms of a less expensive dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I know that Maybelline's Fit Me concealer is often touted as being a good option, and I definitely like that concealer but in my opinion, the formulas aren't all that similar. I would say that Maybelline's formula is thinner, easier to blend, more natural looking, and doesn't emphasize my dry skin as much as the Nars RCC.

I won't be repurchasing again.

I prefer Tarte's Shape Tape to conceal my blemishes as it offers much better coverage without looking too cakey. And for my under eyes, I greatly prefer Maybelline's Fit Me concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is great for under eyes, not that great for covering acne.

Coverage: Medium. It doesn't really cover acne and redness that well partially because it blends out so much that its hard to build up coverage.

Consistency: True to its name, very creamy and incredibly easy to blend. Looks very natural and doesn't cake up at all, which is why its ideal for under eye concealing.

Overall: I really need to conceal acne and redness and don't really have bad dark circles so I probably would not repurchase because I'm looking for a concealer that has higher coverage than what Nars offers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've never found a better under eye concealer, Light 2/vanilla is a perfect match and actually blends into my foundation without giving me reverse raccoon eyes. There's little to no creasing, long wearing, and pigmented enough to cover my crazy dark eyes. My only complaint is that I seem to run out of this quickly, it feels like I'm replacing I every other month or so. Good for hygiene, bad for my wallet.

on 9/22/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I bought this in 2 shades because I love it so much. I have biscuit which I am currently using and custard for the winter season. It blends like a dream! It does crease a bit without powder, but I usually set it with my Laura Mercier translucent powder, which is the ultimate duo. It's a bit pricey for concealer, but I find that it's worth the money. I've tried the Maybeline Fit Me "dupe", but I feel like this is the real deal and the better consistency. I've tried many concealers ranging from high end to drug store, but this is my favorite. When I'm packing for a trip, this is one of the first things I throw in my bag. I wish they made a small travel version of biscuit as well.

I previously gave this concealer a much worse review, and I don't think I've ever done such a 180 on a product before.

I started out with the shade Vanilla. For the undereye area, I found it aging and crepey. However, subsequently I bought the concealer in Chantilly and realized that it's a much better match for my undereye. It's not my favorite under eye concealer, I still do find it a bit on the aging side, but using the wrong shade previously was definitely contributing to this issue.

However, I will be repurchasing this concealer in Vanilla (Chantilly is too light for the rest of my face) for spot concealing, because I think it's the best spot concealer I've used. You know how a lot of concealers, when you put it on a healing zit or something, it often just settles into the dry parts and makes it almost MORE obvious? I used to pretty much not spot conceal for this reason. It just didn't work for me. However the NARS concealer in Vanilla is genuinely creamy and doesn't accentuate dryness at all. It blends so well that it really disappears into the skin. I've actually been using less BB cream because now I can actually spot conceal my problem areas.

The word "radiant" in the name of this concealer throws me because I think maybe it's supposed to be illuminating in some way, and you're not really meant to use illuminating concealers on spots you don't want to highlight (e.g. acne scars). However I have not found this to be a highlighting concealer, so it actually works out pretty well in that regard.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Where do I start with this concealer.....firstly do NOT use this on rosacea dry skin, my skin looks flaky, dry and not natural with this concealer on. I thought it would be great to be able to cover up the red dry patches I have next to my nose but bad bad idea, this made it worse. Plus the shades are very funny, chantilly is way to light and vanilla way to pink. I think I'll have to stick to an all over foundation from now on as unfortunately no concealer seems to help me. I saw rave reviews about this so bit the bullet and bought it. Please if you have skin like mine don't get sucked in.

on 8/24/2017 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Full coverage and brightening for concealing dark circles, I look fresh and awake like nothing else. May be too drying for some but works great on my very oily skin, I set with a bit of powder and it lasts all day without creasing which is very impressive.

on 8/23/2017 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's medium closer to high coverage. Very creamy and thick texture but blendable.
A bit too thick for my liking but I think most people would like the high coverage it gives.
Has a beautiful satin finish. I think it's a great concealer, just not my fav.
Although about the color range, Chantilly is too light for me but Vanilla is too pink. I had to mix Chantilly with a darker concealer to conceal the blemishes but it's perfect as a highlight. Wish they would add a warm tone color in between.

on 8/19/2017 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Meh, I wanted to like it but it creased about the same as drugstore concealers I have used. the colour selection is nice though, it's hard to find fair and yellow based concealers.